My Pup has Parvo.......

No I wasn't. I read the first line of the OP and was appalled. I just typed ******g idiot gif in google images and got the most NT appropriate gifs. He just said it was equivalent to watching your child fighting for their life. It doesn't get dumber than that.

I aint getting no ******g dog and in the alt universe where I'm burdened with one I aint gonna shed a tear when it dies.
Why dont you just not post in this thread anymore... That'd probably be for the best.
Sure, I only came in here cuz I was linked to it thinking it was about something else.
No I wasn't. I read the first line of the OP and was appalled. I just typed ******g idiot gif in google images and got the most NT appropriate gifs. He just said it was equivalent to watching your child fighting for their life. It doesn't get dumber than that.

I aint getting no ******g dog and in the alt universe where I'm burdened with one I aint gonna shed a tear when it dies.

Your ignorance has been exposed. Clearly your not fit to raise an animal.
I don't know if you'd call it ignorance. I don't like animals so I would never raise one and wouldn't willingly have a pet. Don't see anything ignorant about that. My choice.

Thanks for all you guy's suggestions. I really appreciate them and plan to keep at it until I'm certain the virus has passed.

Update as of 8:47 pm

Lexi has been doing the best I've seen her since last Thursday. She's been coming out of her cage and drinking water like crazy. She also has been nibbling here and there on her chicken and rice. I've kept her seperate from my other chihuahua (2 and a half yrs. old and vaccinated) for precaution, but when she saw her, she started wagging her tail, attempting to play. My wife and I returned to our apartment from dinner about thirty minutes ago, and upon taking her to relieve herself, she walked downstairs on her own will for the first time since Saturday. She also growled at one of our neighbors cats that was walking on a fence. Upon coming back upstairs to our unit, which she did, again, on her own will, she immediately attacked her food and water bowl. Happy cant describe how I feel right now, but I'm not going to ease up on her.

Well remove your ***** *** from this thread then. You obviously can't relate to a thing in here, so your attempt to flame/etc isnt needed.

Well remove your ***** *** from this thread then. You obviously can't relate to a thing in here, so your attempt to flame/etc isnt needed.
I wasn't flaming

If you guys are serious with pets, you'd get Pet insurance. They have shots to prevent parvo!!!!

he already said his dog had the shots. pet insurance doesn't cover everything anyways.

what would pet insurance cover persay? i've got a 1.5 year old and i love him to death. he's a tough little guy, but i'd hate to have something happen to him and god forbid it's something that costs thousands of dollars and i have to sit there and weigh my options. he's up to date on all his shots. i just take him to the vet everytime they send a reminder and just get him everything they recommend.

edit: also should definitely say i'm happy your dog's feeling better. hope she bounces back 100% and you get the relief you need buddy.

Last edited:
Thanks for all you guy's suggestions. I really appreciate them and plan to keep at it until I'm certain the virus has passed.

Update as of 8:47 pm

Lexi has been doing the best I've seen her since last Thursday. She's been coming out of her cage and drinking water like crazy. She also has been nibbling here and there on her chicken and rice. I've kept her seperate from my other chihuahua (2 and a half yrs. old and vaccinated) for precaution, but when she saw her, she started wagging her tail, attempting to play. My wife and I returned to our apartment from dinner about thirty minutes ago, and upon taking her to relieve herself, she walked downstairs on her own will for the first time since Saturday. She also growled at one of our neighbors cats that was walking on a fence. Upon coming back upstairs to our unit, which she did, again, on her own will, she immediately attacked her food and water bowl. Happy cant describe how I feel right now, but I'm not going to ease up on her.

got my fingers crossed for you buddy.

toes crossed too.

Hope you pup pulls through.

Also, don't hate me, but every time I see your thread title after having read your OP, the first thing that comes to mind is...

View media item 242746

I doubt many will get the reference...:lol:

But seriously though, hope your puppy gets better soon.

i've been through this...
hopefully your outcome is better than mines...:frown:
dealing with it in the first stages is KEY!

I feel for you man. Hope your dog is doing well. My cousin went through this and her dog didn't survive.

I can't imagine losing my little guy.

Thanks again to all of you for your responses and advice.

I'm at work right now, but just a little update from this morning before I left:
She's gotten a ton of energy back, and an appetite to match. I'm willing to say that she's at 80-85% of her usual self. She's using the restroom still and there has been no vomiting or diarrhea. I still have her eating chicken and rice, but I plan to give her her regular food by the end of the week. My said that she started playing with her stuffed toys again after I left. We're taking her to a new vet tomorrow to get her checked out some more so that we can know for sure where she stands, but so far, so good. Again, thanks to you all for your support and advice.

OP,

Chicken and rice really helps a lot. I had my dog on chicken and rice for a while during the gall bladder issue times and in the end, he needed surgery regardless but even after, I had him on chicken and rice because they absolutely love it and its a bland diet that helps a lot.

In regards to the pet insurance, we had one from trupanion and it cost around 50-60 dollars a month but it really was well worth it. The whole gall bladder surgery and check ups etc came out to 10,000 dollars and with pet insurance, you do have to front the money to the hospital up front which does suck but we had 9000 dollars reimbursed a few weeks later which is why the insurance really does come in handy. Look around for pet insurances but so far, I will recommend trupanion as they were very quick and helpful in filing our claim and getting our reimbursement as I have heard that some insurance companies aren't as good and will try to not cover a lot of things.

Hope this helps and hoping your dog recovers fully!

Back
Top Bottom