Mya Moore. Trppin?

For the uninitiated, Mya Moore was a super star WNBA player who quit in her prime to pursue her social justice calling.

She was fighting to release a wrongfully imprisoned inmate, which was a family friend Johnathan Irons.

Irons was released this summer after 20 years, and is now married to Mya Moore.

Am I trippin or does something seem off here?

She was fighting to release a wrongfully imprisoned inmate, which was a family friend Johnathan Irons.

Irons was released this summer after 20 years, and is now married to Mya Moore.

Am I trippin or does something seem off here?

Our justice system is the thing that seems off. The problem is that it is functioning just how the people in power want it to be...

Maya Moore is an American Hero. If she was a male athlete with her accomplishments and put her career on hold to right this wrong, it would be a much bigger story.

I was like damn why you call Maya a blimp fam.
dahell2.png

This story makes even more sense that she paused her career to help free someone she loved. Good for them
9zy7x0_th.png

You see this as pure?

I do too but I can see the side eye being givin all the details.
The big picture is what this is all about for me. Unity, and the need for it. The women of the WNBA have always been far more progressive than all other sports, they simply do not have the money. If they did? We would not be talking about what we SHOULD be doing.

Quite similar to the plot of Daddy's Little Girls with Idris Elba and Gabrielle Union

I don't see what's off. I mean, perhaps she found herself around him more and more and they took a chemistry to each other. She's 31, he has been in jail 20 yrs, are you thinking they had a previous relationship?

Wikipedia says her salary was $45,000 in 2012. I know, "nobody watches women sports, they should lower the rims, wear something tight," blah blah mysogynistic nonsense but most WNBA players would make more money doing whatever they went to college for if that's the case. In fact, I'll just say all.

She got him off and married him too that's a victory x2

Is she continuing her career? Thought she retired already (I don't pay attention to the WNBA too closely)

So OP, what's the problem?

Just the optics of it.

He's been in jail for 23 years and he was a family friend.

I dont think anything crazy happened it just has some 🤔 in it.

I think she just fell in love with a ***** in jail.

Was that her motivation to get him out?

Doesn't matter in the long run because he was wrongfully convicted.

Just a weird story to me.

She got him off and married him too that's a victory x2

Is she continuing her career? Thought she retired already (I don't pay attention to the WNBA too closely)
I don't think she retired, she's still in her prime? she took the season off due to injustice and what not going on? im pretty sure, never heard retirement

but did she know him prior? I find it odd but good for them

Back
Top Bottom