Nas & Jay OR Nas & AZ?

Well lets see Nas & AZ had an album togeather, as part of the Firm, with Foxy Brown when she was dope, also Nature when he was dope . . . Guess what?? ItSTILL sucked . . . So what makes you think the washed up version of Nas and A could make a good album now??

I would rather not hear an album with Nas & Jay, Nas & A OR Nas & Snoop, they should all just focus on making good solo albums and stick to thebasics . . .

Well lets see Nas & AZ had an album togeather, as part of the Firm, with Foxy Brown when she was dope, also Nature when he was dope . . . Guess what?? It STILL sucked . . . So what makes you think the washed up version of Nas and A could make a good album now??
You know damn well they tried to go the pop route on that album & it didn't work (Dre is a culprit as well, sorry Dre stans). Nas & AZwould most def make a better album. The best cuts on the trash Firm album (and yes, it was trash) > than anything Nas & Jay ever did. I SH, Jay wouldhave Nas doing joints with the Coldplay dude
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Wait, I don't know why I continue to argue with you. You have never once conceded a point, and that speaks volumes..................... So, you win. Doesthat work for you???????

But A is trash compared to Jay Z . . . Matter of fact he's trashed compared to a lot of people
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Seriously, you needed three of em. But I can somewhat understand where you're coming from. With some dudes you need to just read their lyrics to get thefull effect.

When was the last time Nas and A had a good song togeather??
I will post the song again. And it's not Life's a B, even though it's the illmatic cover................
Serious

Originally Posted by iLLscan

The best cuts on the trash Firm album (and yes, it was trash) > than anything Nas & Jay ever did. I SH, Jay would have Nas doing joints with the Coldplay dude
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow! You can't be serious?! BR and Success are better than any song on the Firm album (yes and i didn't forget Phone Tap...people are just gassedoff that track cuz the beat is hot). And so what if Jay and Nas did a track with Chris Martin?! All three of those artists make good music!! I know that wasan attempt by you to clown but hell I would love to hear those 3 great artists on a track. I guess you just don't like good music as evident from yourstatement regarding The Firm album.
Personally I dont see how anyone can argue not wanting to hear two hip-hop legends make an album who are still currently making great music. Asopposed to one legend and a rapper that was good but clearly has fallen off (AZ). Its not even a contest....I will go with the two legends still making goodmusic and proving that they can STILL make good songs together.

I guess you just don't like good music as evident from your statement regarding The Firm album

I guess you right son
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Ah yes the typical NT response I expected after calling someone out for making a rather silly statement.

Likewise. I don't know good music huh????????? Get the eff outa here.

Isnt it clear tho that NaS and Az have more cohesion together? they mesh better on tracks. I get a feelin that you could hear a whole album from bothsomething I didnt get from BR or Success I looked at it as 2 great artists on a song together. In their prime AZ and NaS is the album you want to listen to.

Also I thought it was known Nay has a strong distaste for Az. I disagree but Az has fallen off, I still check for him but he aint the Az of past, matta factnone of these artists are

Its not gonna happen but if it did a NaS and Ol Man Jigga album would be a mistake. They would disagree on tooooooo many things and its not just cuz theirgenius minds in hip hop, BR and Success are great songs but in no way would that indicate an album from both would be and thats if you come in thinkin NaS tobe NaS and Jigga to be Jigga. 1 would want to do this and the other would want to do the other. I dont kno why ppl think oh hes a great artist and oh hes agreat artist they should do an album together. I thought bout this 5 years ago and theres no way an album showing both of what they do as artists to come offeven.

Isnt it clear tho that NaS and Az have more cohesion together? they mesh better on tracks.
Exactly. Dude acts like I'm feeling Jay's flow nowadays (no I don't & haven't for a while). Which is the main problem. Nas& AZ have never disappointed, Nas & Jay, well................... But what do I know, I think Phone tap was better than any Jay, Nas collabo.
AZ & Nas have the same ******ed ear for beats. The problem is that AZ has no budget & little clout in the industry. Those two combining are not a goodlook for dude. Lyrically, tell me he has truly "fallen off" Prodigy type???

I didn't know Nas and AZ had a rift...

The last time I saw A on Smack, they were asking him about an album with Nas and he said he was all for it. He said Nas was the one that was always too busy.

I guess there could be something to that.....

And you know the last couple of Jay & Nas interviews, they were hounding them about doing a colab album.

Those interviews are really what made me make the post.

I would take either one of these projects to be honest. I don't know if Nas and Sosa still have that musical magic but if they do, they can make an albumthat will give Hip-Hop a crazy boost.

IMO both Nas/Jay joint were better than "Phone Tap". Just the beat on BR and Jays flow on Success is greater than "Phone Tap" to me.

^Buddah I respect your point. However, you mentioned in their prime AZ and Nas would have made a good album and I agree with you on that...but right now AZhas not shown me can still make GREAT music while Nas and Jay can. AZ makes good music but nothing great in my opinion. Your point about the contrast ofstyles between Nas and Jay ironically is exactly why I think they would make a good album. I love their contrasting styles on a track and thus far they haveproduced two damn good songs.

Sometimes the contrast of two artists together is what makes great music. Nas and AZ have very similar styles and I don;t think that album would have muchreplay value for me.

Likewise. I don't know good music huh????????? Get the eff outa here.

First of all I said you don't LIKE good music...read carefully first then post.
Secondly, you are surely not telling anyone where to go!
laugh.gif

If someone refutes your ridiculous point....you may want to try to come up with an actual intelligent response (ie a response with some reasoning). Just asuggestion son...you might want to try that.

you may want to try to come up with an actual intelligent response (ie a response with some reasoning). Just a suggestion son...you might want to try that.

I said Phone Tap (the better joints on Firm, which I clearly said was a TRASH ALBUM) is better than any of the Nas/Jay joints. Can't spell it out betterthan than that.......... You might want to try that. Just a suggestion.
I said in previous posts that Nas would take the pressure off of AZ & he could be the Rebel INS of the team, I said they have had better chemistry in thepast & have a better proven track record (made an example with the Firm & you chose to stick with that theme, cause that was your only real point).Seems reasonable & intelligent to me. Then you said I don't LIKE real music.
eyes.gif

Nas and AZ.

Jay and Nas are two different kind of artists. Yeah, they got a couple of cool songs together, but a whole album? Naaaahhh.

And Nas sounds so lost on those two tracks.

you may want to try to come up with an actual intelligent response (ie a response with some reasoning). Just a suggestion son...you might want to try that.

I said Phone Tap (the better joints on Firm, which I clearly said was a TRASH ALBUM) is better than any of the Nas/Jay joints. Can't spell it out better than than that.......... You might want to try that. Just a suggestion.
I said in previous posts that Nas would take the pressure off of AZ & he could be the Rebel INS of the team, I said they have had better chemistry in the past & have a better proven track record (made an example with the Firm & you chose to stick with that theme, cause that was your only real point). Seems reasonable & intelligent to me. Then you said I don't LIKE real music.
eyes.gif

Oh trust me you can definitely spell it out better that. I am aware of what your point was there was no need to repeat yourself....however as I saidearlier your statement was ridiculous. Using any song off The Firm to prove and point and then ridiculously say that those songs are better than BR or Successis just silly. So no that is not reasonable or intelligent to me. Yes I said you don't like good music because if you did there is no way you would makethat ridiculous statement. However, I appreciate your attempt at reasoning.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

wait what?
laugh.gif
my dude every damn song they have dropped has beenstraight crazy and classic...i think the last song they did together was "Serious" which didnt make Street Disciple cuz the beat clearance orso...now you just talking nonsense if you aint think that was crazy
laugh.gif
..seems like illscan,abeautifulhaze and other NTer's knows whats good
pimp.gif

Nas and Jay just for the fact that it could be legendary and would be talked about forever and be the most anticipated album of all time.. Sure AZ and Nas havea lot more chemistry but i would love to hear a jay and nas joint

Actually The Essence was fire I believe it was on Az's Album and all those who are roasting AZ have no appreciation for hip-hop
AZ is the only rapper I know who got a deal off of one verse Nss'sLifes a B
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Just cuz he doesnt get luv on commercial does not mean he is weak, and lyrically, and flow wise, he is not that much off HOV

Jay and Nas are two different kind of artists. Yeah, they got a couple of cool songs together, but a whole album? Naaaahhh.

Exactly.

I'd rather hear Nas & AZ, simply because they have better chemistry together. Black Republicans and Success was nice, but they're not touching MoMoney Mo Murder, Phone Tap, Life's A B.., etc.

I'll take Nas & AZ with a simple beat over Nas & Jay with over the top production and Jay talking on half the track.

So there last good song was 4 years ago?? Ok.

On one side you have BIG & Jay Z . . . On the other side there is Nas & A. Their styles are similar enuff to have them on the same track and have itseem natural, but at the same time they compliment eachother . . .

I just don't like AZ . . . At ALL.

Back
Top Bottom