Nas Reveals Name Of Next Album (2011/2012 Release)

ignore these complaints from NTers...they HATE swizz beatz...i remember when blueprint III came out cats in here SWORE on to da next one was garbage :stoneface: >D

summer on smash is fire.

reach out sounds so vintage i thought it was a unreleased cut from da 90's that i never caught my ears....
This song been popping in my head at random times :lol:

Last edited:
Those LIG tees fit someone 6'3 230?
I only skip 2 tracks, Summer On Smash & You Wouldn't Understand.
No Introduction is
pimp.gif
, not his best intro, gotta go with Stillmatic Intro.
Best album since God's Son.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Again I'll ask who do yall think the 2nd verse of Stay is about? Jay? Mega? Cam? Curtis? or is it aimed at no one just symbolic type verse? :nerd:
Love that song :pimp:

i doubt its about cam or 50. it sounds to personal to be about either of them.

part of me thinks about kelis and few others

damm this is sad, i remember when NAS was the man, he music was beyond genius love the 90s Nasty Nas u can have the 2000 era one. ill keep on listing to illmatic and it was written!!

I agree that Cherry Wine would be a great radio song.

Love the song, but it won't reach the masses (ie. little kids)

summer on smash needs an extra verse though with a remix and that would be good. Busta could be on it...
understand could be another radio joint.

damm this is sad, i remember when NAS was the man, he music was beyond genius love the 90s Nasty Nas u can have the 2000 era one. ill keep on listing to illmatic and it was written!!

Huh?!

You act like as if after It was written, nas hasn't done anything.

Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, God's Son, Untitled, Distant Relatives, Life Is Good.

Last edited:
"You Wouldn't Understand" definitely has that Summer 90's feel to it...Aziatic, "How Ya Livin'' vibe to it. I could definitely see Nas and AZ trading bars on it.

"Never make choices out of desperation, I think through it"

Anyone know where I can get the blue shirt without purchasing the set together? I bought the Deluxe bundle with the black shirt, but i REALLY want that blue shirt.

Am I late on the true hidden meaning behind the album title and cover? There was a moment where Nas was in an interview where he was talking about the dress. I'll try to find it but there was an [oprah]"aha moment"[/oprah] where he said, "I used to say life's a bit**, but now I say life is good." But you had to say the smirk on his face when he said it. i.e. Kelis is the real bit**.

I'll try to find the video. It was slight, but potent.

trasoul... i think the interview you are talking about is the recent one with fuse tv.

as far as that cover... him holding the dress.... he was saying that she took a lot of stuff out of one of their cribs.... that is the bottom portion to the dress. that was all she left, it was just hanging alone in the closet.

she took some things, he wanted to keep, in another house i think he said he did the same to her... so hey...

her leaving that dress behind, taking everything else... was a slap in the face.

in our lives we love people and sometimes hate the things they do, but in the end we still have some sort of love for them. and her leaving the dress was really her denying that imo

him holding the dress, on the cover... is just telling her.... either way. I'm still good without you. I'm going to hold this one important item you left behind, to let you know ilife is good since you are gone. you in particular Kelis. even though you hurt me, life is still good. the cover is for her only. pretty bold statement.

Album is dope.

I liked Ross' verse on Accident Murderers, but it was sort of weird how it had nothing to do with the rest of the song.

Summer on Smash would have been a good song with Miguel on the actual hook instead of Swizz.

'You Wouldn't Understand' is so :smokin

world's an addiction is the ****!!!! beat, mood, just and instant classic, and i mean just classic...
i think this just got in the level of kanye's diamonds are forever, as far as mood goes...

trasoul... i think the interview you are talking about is the recent one with fuse tv.
as far as that cover... him holding the dress.... he was saying that she took a lot of stuff out of one of their cribs.... that is the bottom portion to the dress. that was all she left, it was just hanging alone in the closet.
she took some things, he wanted to keep, in another house i think he said he did the same to her... so hey...
her leaving that dress behind, taking everything else... was a slap in the face.
in our lives we love people and sometimes hate the things they do, but in the end we still have some sort of love for them. and her leaving the dress was really her denying that imo
him holding the dress, on the cover... is just telling her.... either way. I'm still good without you. I'm going to hold this one important item you left behind, to let you know ilife is good since you are gone. you in particular Kelis. even though you hurt me, life is still good. the cover is for her only. pretty bold statement.

Nah, I know the whole "backstory". But you're still missing the HIDDEN MESSAGE in the cover. What he's saying to Kelis is: "I used to say Life's a b****. But thinking about it, it's you."

Pretty clever. Had me doing the Wee Bey...

I'm Just Skimming Through This Thread But I Take It That Most People Didn't Like The "Untitled" & "Distant Relatives" Albums? Both Of Those Were Brilliant IMO :nthat:

Distant Relatives is a classic...Untitled had a few tracks but some that i skipped....i was reallly feelin HHID which IMO is his best from after stillmatic up until untitled

Distant Relatives is a classic...Untitled had a few tracks but some that i skipped....i was reallly feelin HHID which IMO is his best from after stillmatic up until untitled

Yeah HHID & Streets Disciple Were Nice To Me But Hey I'm A Nas Fan :\

Yeah HHID & Streets Disciple Were Nice To Me But Hey I'm A Nas Fan :\

Im also a hardcore esco fan and few of my boys are too but noone i know likes SD as a whole....it had a few nice joints on there def not enough for a double tho IMO

Huh?!

You act like as if after It was written, nas hasn't done anything.

Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, God's Son, Untitled, Distant Relatives, Life Is Good.
Don't mind son he on that dust, he zooted.

Back
Top Bottom