Nas Reveals Name Of Next Album (2011/2012 Release)

Im also a hardcore esco fan and few of my boys are too but noone i know likes SD as a whole....it had a few nice joints on there def not enough for a double tho IMO

It's double CD, those always have some filler. I like most of that album. There's like 3-4 beats that I just can't get into though :smh:

I consider myself to be one of Nas's biggest fans...but SD was weak as hell.

I blame Kelis...:lol:

yea i also didnt like the fact that esco was hatin on kobe on that track...American Way i think it was..literally havnt listened to this album since like 05

War tho :pimp: too smooth

I mess with SD... Live now & rest of my life :smokin

Granted there's fillers on there, but there's a lot of songs I can rock with.

I dunno i just wasnt feelin the production for most of SD...and what was the deal with "scarlett" aka nas with a sped up vocal

SD had some bangers though "Sekou Story", 'Live Now" are flawless to me.

And does ANYONE know where I can purchase the blue Life Is Good shirt by itself?:nerd:

Summer On Smash has grown on me
smokin.gif
It's not bad at all, in my opinion the best song that Nas & Swizz Beats have done is:

Ms. Dynamite - Dy-na-mi-tee (Swizz Beats Remix) - 2003

A lot can change in 8 yrs
Yeah no doubt I listed the comparisons because Life Is Good kind of reminds me of Streets Disciple. When I first heard Streets Disciple back in 04, it sounded like it was his last album. Last month when I listened to Life Is Good, it sounded like another goodbye album. Did you see the 50 greatest Nas songs of the new millennium that XXL put together?

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2012/07/the-50-greatest-nas-songs-of-the-new-millennium/

eh it's whatever

I haven't seen this posted on this site, but this is from last month (20120712). DJ Eclipse did a Nas tribute before the release of Life Is Good. At the 9:30 mark he starts to play "The Scientist" the unfinished song that Nas & Just Blaze did together. He lets the song ride out a little longer than the version that most of us have with a couple extra bars.

http://dallaspenn.com/weblog/?p=10670
“In the summer of 1991, I was chilling at my boy DJ Johnny Wishbone’s crib. He was making a mixtape. This was a gem from that day. Akinyele and Nas doing their”Live at the BBQ” routine. Luckily I still have this copy. Finding it inspired me to create a mix called LUNCHROOM BATTLES. This is a collection of old school hip hop battles and freestyles that I have on my old dusty cassette tapes. Enjoy…”

Nas is probably my favorite MC of all time and is, in my opinion, one of if not the greatest to ever do this. That being said, I was somewhat disappointed by this album, especially given the generally really positive reviews it's been getting.

On another note, Loco-Motive and Nasty are two of Nas' better records in the last decade...

Back
Top Bottom