NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Life is Good is a classic to me because I only skip one or two songs. I can play that whole album and I love the content and what he's talking about.

NaS ****ed up big time by not putting "Trust" on the official release, shouldn't have been an iTunes bonus track though.

I've come to accept the fact that my era doesn't mesh well at all with the current rap acts who seem to garner the most popularity, and surprisingly so on a platform such as NT with a lot of old heads who've been around for quite some time.

I read that some would like for Nas to work with the younger cats, and to expand on what's trendy for today...:lol:

For ****ing what?

All of these new guy's suck compared to Nas. He's a legend. A real MC, and if you listen to this album you should appreciate a great body of work from one of the GOATS.

These are the best beats Nas has rapped on in over ten years.

Preemo is washed.

Pete Rock is washed.

All of those producers that were hot in the 90s are basically washed.

I wouldn't even want Dre handling my **** now.

This is also the best album from Good Music for the summer with Daytona coming in second.

Don't disrespect Nas by linking him with others who don't even understand the era that resonates more so with 80s babies.

Adam and Eve>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The reason why I think Nas was lazy when making this album is that every song should have had 2-3 verses from Nas. The songs where he only spit one verse seems a little lazy. Pusha made more of his 19 mins than Nas.... Kanye and Dream sang back and forth for like 5 of Nas 19 minutes

That’s another minor complaint I have about this. Nas doesn’t need to fall into that trend of only 2 short verses with some elongated bridge or something. That’s for rappers that struggle to put together actual sentences like Playboi Carti

I've come to accept the fact that my era doesn't mesh well at all with the current rap acts who seem to garner the most popularity, and surprisingly so on a platform such as NT with a lot of old heads who've been around for quite some time.

I read that some would like for Nas to work with the younger cats, and to expand on what's trendy for today...:lol:

For ****ing what?

All of these new guy's suck compared to Nas. He's a legend. A real MC, and if you listen to this album you should appreciate a great body of work from one of the GOATS.

Preemo is washed.

Pete Rock is washed.

This is also the best album from Good Music for the summer with Daytona coming in second.

Don't disrespect Nas by linking him with others who don't even understand the era that resonates more so with 80s babies.

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

For ****ing what?

Preemo is washed.

Pete Rock is washed.

Don’t post in here anymore

For ****ing what?

Preemo is washed.

Pete Rock is washed.

ok whose alt account is this

That’s another minor complaint I have about this. Nas doesn’t need to fall into that trend of only 2 short verses with some elongated bridge or something. That’s for rappers that struggle to put together actual sentences like Playboi Carti

Yeah I was wondering why. Maybe to follow the trend of shorter songs and less bars? Cause Pusha had some short songs too.

Reading these NaS tweets, I’m happy I didn’t purchase this album. Don’t tell me there’s any greatness when the flow doesn’t match the beats at all. He’s doing way too much now.

It's funny reading these comments. There's some blasphemous comments on here. People on here talking about, only if he would focus more on his music, make more albums/music. Sorry, but yall need to give them comments to Jay Electronica, not to one of our goats (Nas). He's put out enough material throughout his career.

I'm starting to think most of y'all wanted him, or wants him to do what Pac, and Wayne did. Make a 100 songs a year with most current popular producers. I'm happy he hasn't gone that route. Because a lot of fans would've gotten tired if hearing him. His music wouldn't be as special. If Pac would've stayed alive, he would've turned out like Wayne by 98/99.

He would've been on every hot single known to man, and he would've been on tv 24/7, straight overkill. Fans will get tired of you quick when your everywhere. That's how most people got burned out on Wayne and 50. The way Nas spreads out his music, is what makes him who he is. That's the difference between 80,s/90,s artist compared to now. The fans are so spolied nowadays by these trash artist, that y'all think the greats are going to comply with the standards of whats going on today.

It was all about quality, with less accessibility to the artists back then. Give up the underappreciated hate. He's never going to give you an Album everywhere with newest hottest producers. This album has classic songs on it, appreciate it while he's here. I don't understand why he's even making music now. Everybody is going to be complain, just to complain, because it's not enough.

The problem with all of that is that its just an ok album. Flow is off, and he truly does sound lazy/uninterested on some tracks. It shows. The songs that are great, are great.

And as much as I like the song, a Ye and Dream duet doesn't belong :lol:. It just feels more like a Ye production album feauturing Nas.

It's funny reading these comments. There's some blasphemous comments on here. People on here talking about, only if he would focus more on his music, make more albums/music. Sorry, but yall need to give them comments to Jay Electronica, not to one of our goats (Nas). He's put out enough material throughout his career.

I'm starting to think most of y'all wanted him, or wants him to do what Pac, and Wayne did. Make a 100 songs a year with most current popular producers. I'm happy he hasn't gone that route. Because a lot of fans would've gotten tired if hearing him. His music wouldn't be as special. If Pac would've stayed alive, he would've turned out like Wayne by 98/99.

He would've been on every hot single known to man, and he would've been on tv 24/7, straight overkill. Fans will get tired of you quick when your everywhere. That's how most people got burned out on Wayne and 50. The way Nas spreads out his music, is what makes him who he is. That's the difference between 80,s/90,s artist compared to now. The fans are so spolied nowadays by these trash artist, that y'all think the greats are going to comply with the standards of whats going on today.

It was all about quality, with less accessibility to the artists back then. Give up the underappreciated hate. He's never going to give you an Album everywhere with newest hottest producers. This album has classic songs on it, appreciate it while he's here. I don't understand why he's even making music now. Everybody is going to be complain, just to complain, because it's not enough.
Pac on a Timbaland or Pharrell beat :lol:

Honestly I think all people wanted was a full length legitimate album (and by legitimate I mean 10 songs at least, not an EP's worth) after 6 years and production from Kanye that really matched up with him. I'm one of the few people that actually think's this is a good project, it's just that it leaves a lot to be desired. I honestly l consider this just a teaser project to something better.

I thought the album was good. I hope these two link up and do another one but make sure there's more than 7 songs.

DaVonte stole it?

Link?

Read it years ago. Supposedly DeVante stole mad beats after a couple years. He got lazy and threw his name on **** but it never sounded like a Timbaland beat but he also said he was imitating DeVante back then so who knows

I thought the album was good. I hope these two link up and do another one but make sure there's more than 7 songs.
Still Dreamin was dope Af all they had to do was revisit that sound, but Kanye had to brainwash Nas into this “project”

Still Dreamin was dope Af all they had to do was revisit that sound, but Kanye had to brainwash Nas into this “project”

I'm positive Kanye called the shots on a lot of the things we found questionable for this album. Like someone else said earlier, hope this is a teaser to something bigger.

Back
Top Bottom