NAS Thread - Nas x HitBoy - MAGIC 3 Out Now

Very enjoyable album. I had faith in Hit-Boy and he delivered, and Nas sounded much better than he had on some other stuff beforehand. Listened to various songs on here multiple times already and it’s pretty much what I wanted to hear. Fivio is hot trash, but every other feature was cool, even Durk, Big Sean, and Don Tolliver didn’t seem out of place. Love hearing the Firm back together like that. AZ sounds fresh out of 96, but I’m not surprised cause I regularly listen to him anyway. Foxy honestly sounded like a female Fred Da Godson, which isn’t a slight or anything, just different. I hadn’t listened to her since one of those bonus Biggie ‘Duets’ tracks, so I was caught off guard by it. Assumed that’s the result of her losing her hearing for a bit. This is the time of album vets should be releasing way after their peak/prime years.

I didn’t mind Big Sean and Ferg’s verses. I also wouldn’t be mad if they weren’t on this album.

Very enjoyable album. I had faith in Hit-Boy and he delivered, and Nas sounded much better than he had on some other stuff beforehand. Listened to various songs on here multiple times already and it’s pretty much what I wanted to hear. Fivio is hot trash, but every other feature was cool, even Durk, Big Sean, and Don Tolliver didn’t seem out of place. Love hearing the Firm back together like that. AZ sounds fresh out of 96, but I’m not surprised cause I regularly listen to him anyway. Foxy honestly sounded like a female Fred Da Godson, which isn’t a slight or anything, just different. I hadn’t listened to her since one of those bonus Biggie ‘Duets’ tracks, so I was caught off guard by it. Assumed that’s the result of her losing her hearing for a bit. This is the time of album vets should be releasing way after their peak/prime years.
Foxys verse isn't that bad..it grows on me the more I listen to full circle.

Echo wasn't traffic noise.

it wasn’t swizz either

D9DA69BC-AD2E-400F-893C-15E92B56BCAF.jpeg

My ideal Nas album would have production from Alchemist, Daringer, Harry Fraud, Kryhsis, 9th, Madlib, Preemo, Q-tip, and Pete Rock. The latter have experience with Nas and brought out the best in him.

Back
Top Bottom