Nas's new single- Hero

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. The song is decent- the beat is pretty good but sounds nothing spectacular and it's muddled on the hook, Nas spits basically nothing special or substantial for 2 verses, the hook is wack, the singing is terrible, Nas' flow is extremely basic and almost annoying with the exception of the beginning of the second verse, etc. It's like dudes are just so eager to hear a new Nas joint that anything will excite them to the point of them calling almost anything a classic. I know cause I used to suffer from this very affliction. In the end, the song is listenable but nothing extraordinary- 3.5/5

Looks at avy.

ee515ee0b830e290c61d7d9c6dc3ae8945877ba_t.jpg

That you Mega?
laugh.gif

j/p

Originally Posted by red mpls

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. The song is decent- the beat is pretty good but sounds nothing spectacular and it's muddled on the hook, Nas spits basically nothing special or substantial for 2 verses, the hook is wack, the singing is terrible, Nas' flow is extremely basic and almost annoying with the exception of the beginning of the second verse, etc. It's like dudes are just so eager to hear a new Nas joint that anything will excite them to the point of them calling almost anything a classic. I know cause I used to suffer from this very affliction. In the end, the song is listenable but nothing extraordinary- 3.5/5

This song could be decent amongst a scene of Biggie, Pac, Big L, Jay-Z, etc. etc. dominating the radio. But in a scene of T-Pain, "Lollipop,"Florida, Plies, etc. all over the radio, this track is outstanding. You can compare it to previous eras, but that would be comparing it to a completelydifferent time. If you think that this is "average" and Nas is "complacent," then if anything it's because talents like Biggie and Pacdon't exist anymore, and nobody's around to push Nas to his limit.

When I listened to this track I listened to it in the "now" and was hoping to hear something better than "Lollipop" or "Low" orsome generic Chris Brown song; I don't listen for it to be better than tracks from "Illmatic" or "Ready to Die" because it's aforegone conclusion that it won't be.

As for the lyrics and flow, they're definitely nothing new overall; but, again, they're still fresh compared to the uninspired drawl or lazy flows oroveruse of cliches and now-meaningless phrases ("make it rain") from most songs today.

After listening to this for the 100th time today, Im convinced. Whatever Polow was on while he made this, I need some.

damn, i've seriously played this song like 30-40 times already since i first heard it yesterday
smh.gif
just disgusting.

am i the only one that doesnt like it?

NaS is my favorite rap but this just doesn't feel like classic nas to me...... it sounds like all the other crap on the radio

Originally Posted by kidposite

NaS is my favorite rap but this just feel like classic nas to me...... it sounds like all the other crap on the radio
I'm sorry you confused me... You said you don't like it but Nas is you're favorite rapper and it sounds like classic nas? then you turnaround and say it sounds like everything else on the radio??? Please tell me one song that sounds like this thats on the radio????

I Need This Lp Right Now...
pimp.gif

I actually have to force myself to stop playing this song as to not play it out too early. I swear this %@@# is "If I Ruled the World" '08...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

NaS is my favorite rap but this just feel like classic nas to me...... it sounds like all the other crap on the radio
I'm sorry you confused me... You said you don't like it but Nas is you're favorite rapper and it sounds like classic nas? then you turn around and say it sounds like everything else on the radio??? Please tell me one song that sounds like this thats on the radio????

I Need This Lp Right Now...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
typo, i meant it doesnt feel like classic nas

laugh.gif
typo, i meant it doesnt feel like classic nas

Classic Nas would be.........Esco tearing it up on a halfway-decent beat.

I like this track. It's refreshing. Finally a SICK BEAT with a credible guy spitting on it.

Back
Top Bottom