National Title Game : Kansas Vs Memphis - 9:21 EST

laugh.gif
at how you had a Freudian slip and subliminally capitalized the TH of they in your second sentence. I always knew you were a closet Tyler Hansbrough fan.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Did anyone Tivo this game?! Or record it anyway?
I'd LOVE to get a cope of it somehow...
Let me know through pm.
Thanks

Ah I knew Memphis sucking at freethrows would haunt them at some point.

Sure they can make em when they're up huge amounts but not when booty holes are tight.

I called it too when Rose was at the line with 10 seconds left. I said "He's gonna miss the first and make the second. Kansas is gonna tie and take itto overtime and win the game."

Memphis was too shook at the end of the 2nd half to even to do anything in overtime

Even though I wanted ULCA to go all the way, I'm glad Kansas stopped Memphis
pimp.gif

The beginning of the end came when Dorsey fouled out. During the KU drought he was patrolling the paint, those easy buckets weren't so easy anymore. Butwhen Dorsey fouled out KU went right back to driving to the hoop. And as great a game as CDR played, he definitely choked. And not just free throws either...

1.) Free throws;
2.) The short-armed layup which would've cut the deficit to three with 40-something seconds left; and
3.) Before the botched layup Memphis was already down 3 with 58 seconds left. Yet instead of playing straight up defense KU killed 13 seconds before CDR fouledChalmers with 45 seconds left. That made NO SENSE to me. They could've gotten the ball back with the possibility of tying the game.

And Taggart NOT calling timeout on the loose ball scramble was HUGE. Jump ball, KU possession.

Very little close, late-game experience really cost Memphis the game. And consequently, the championship.

Congratulations Kansas, next up: The task of keeping Bill Self in Lawrence.

I don't know what to say right now. Relief. Joy. Sheer happiness. I still can't believe we won. Down 9 with about 2 and change left against one of thebest teams in the nation. You aren't suppose to win games like that. This is unreal. When Rio hit that shot I thought I died and went to heaven. As a lifelong KU fan this is just amazing. Mass St had well over 40,000 people down in the streets. Congras to Memphis, they played great but in the end we just madeplays....

OH AND THE BEST PART-----------NO CLASSES TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ku_bkc_memphis_championship_ta_362_t640.jpg

ku_bkc_memphis_championship_nk45_t460.jpg

KU wins the national championship game! By defeating Memphis 75-68 in overtime, the Jayhawks clinch the fifth national championship in school history and the first since 1988. Tuesday classes are canceled in honor of KU's victory.
eek.gif
what a place to get an education!

KU Home : KU News
[h1]KU News Release[/h1]
[h4]Tools[/h4]
[img]http://www.news.ku.edu/~http/images/secondlevel/email_icon.gif[/img] Email Page
[img]http://www.news.ku.edu/~http/images/secondlevel/print_icon.gif[/img] Print Page

[h4]Contact[/h4]University Relations
[email protected]
p (785) 864-3256
f (785) 864-3339

April 7, 2008
[h2]Classes canceled in honor of KU victory; welcome-home event set for Tuesday [/h2]
LAWRENCE - No classes will be held at the University of Kansas' Lawrence campus Tuesday in recognition of the Jayhawks' victory tonight in the NCAAnational championship game, Chancellor Robert Hemenway has announced.

The team will be welcomed back to Lawrence at approximately 3 p.m. Tuesday for a celebration at Kivisto Field at Memorial Stadium, rain or shine. Gates willopen at 1:30 p.m. Shuttle buses will begin running from the Park and Ride lot off of Clinton Parkway starting at 12:30 p.m. Parking lots and the parking garagenear the stadium will be open to public parking.

A U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter may fly over Memorial Stadium as part of the celebration.

Faculty are encouraged to communicate with their students about ongoing class projects and assignments. The last time classes were canceled for a nonweatherevent was April 5, 1988, the day after KU won the NCAA men's basketball championship game. A celebration at Memorial Stadium that day drew more than 30,000people.

Though classes are canceled, university offices will be open and employees are expected to report to work as usual. The unions will be open for regularbusiness operations.

"This is a proud moment for Jayhawks everywhere," Hemenway said. "Not only has the team dazzled the nation on the court, but our fans havedemonstrated through their safe but boisterous celebrations and support that KU is truly a great place to be. Now the nation has been reminded that KU is thehome of champions in academics, teaching and research as well as basketball."

KU wins the national championship game! By defeating Memphis 75-68 in overtime, the Jayhawks clinch the fifth national championship in school history and the first since 1988. Tuesday classes are canceled in honor of KU's victory.
Damn Florida didn't cancel class for none of our 3 championships

smh.gif

laugh.gif
at Calipari. what a %!%+#%$.

i do feel bad for CDR, only Memphis player i like.

Bill Self is gone.

Congrats to Kansas. Good program.

How are you going to cancel classes because you won an athletic event?
laugh.gif
I'm sure professors are thrilled with exams coming right around the corner and all.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

by the way - anyone else find it hilarious that KU won a chip the year before Roy took over, and just a few years after he left.
laugh.gif

Nope, it's not hilarious at all. Roy won a chip a couple of years after he left Kansas anyway.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by curt2121

i'm thrilled that that Memphis, with their collective equivalent of an 8th grade education, got beat. Congrats kansas fans, enjoy it!

pure ignorance...

congrats to KU
tired.gif
actually, I think that statement is pretty much spot on....I also think 8th grade is giving them a little to much credit.

Id go with 5th.

laugh.gif
So did Derrick Rose know that they were going to lose this game? Bunch of choke artists

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by curt2121

i'm thrilled that that Memphis, with their collective equivalent of an 8th grade education, got beat. Congrats kansas fans, enjoy it!

pure ignorance...

congrats to KU
tired.gif
actually, I think that statement is pretty much spot on....I also think 8th grade is giving them a little to much credit.

Id go with 5th.

Well maybe Memphis can tutor you on the difference between to and too

Maybe, but im not going to invest to much time into the correct usage of "to" and "too" on a internet message board.

BUT...

Nice try.

lmao i love kansas from way back in the day and i knew memphis ft's would kill em eventually. but their coaching collapsed at the end of the game..foulchalmers dont let em shoot a 3 ball! but yeah chalmers owned that game at the end, and his steals all game were clutch and momentum shifters.

ps: any1 else think rush sucked balls? hes good but hes not the star i thought he was, but he had to try n strap cdr and he got baked

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Congrats to Kansas. Good program.

How are you going to cancel classes because you won an athletic event?
laugh.gif
I'm sure professors are thrilled with exams coming right around the corner and all.
Someone's mad that their classes weren't cancelled after UVA beat ODU in the College Basketball Invitational.

Ole Miss would cancel Friday classes in the Fall if there was a home game. Im pretty sure other Southern schools do that for big Football games as well.

Ole Miss did it pretty much for the simple fact Administration got sick of kids comng to class drunk and passing out in class and or puking during class.

Back
Top Bottom