National Title Game : Kansas Vs Memphis - 9:21 EST

KELVIN SAMPSON FOR KANSAS COACH??????
No chance. Kelvin Sampson ain't getting another job for some time on the high-major level... Especially not after all these disciplinaryproblems came out after Crean took the job...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ dorsey LAUGHING at the after game interviews.

6pts 2rebs !!??

rose/cdr gave them the game.

kansas deserved this congrats.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I had to laugh thinking about all the kids who are going to hate their coaches for making them run suicides after missing free throws because of this game.

that's something bad coaches do. you can't punish kids for missing free throws, that just puts more pressure on them.. you've gotta make themrelaxed at the foul line under pressure.. Or better yet, you've just gotta recruit kids who have that winner's mentality.. it something some people areborn with and others aren't... i think foul shots in crunch time speak more of your character than your coaching.

What the hell happened here?

I was telling someone that Dorsey must feel wierd because he fouled out of his last game. But didn't feel too bad because they were goig to win anyway.Then, Kansas comes all the way back only to have a game tying lay up rejected. I thought the game wasover when CDR went I the line. I really though I was overwhen Rose went to the line. I even felt cfrtable turning off the tv when I got busy.

I was obviously shocked when someone told me the game had gone to overtime and that Kansas was up 5 with 30 seconds to go.

Damn getting busy, dudes missing free throws, and this iPhone keynoard (Windows Mobile 6.1 > Mac OS X "mobile)"

Classic game. Enough to redeem the previos gamesperfmance.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by dreClark

Oh well time to prep for Tebow/Harvin '08. Gators to the ship.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

U MAD 'Dre cause we runnin dat Heisman on ya?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Has Bobby Bowden been sent to a nursing home yet?

indifferent.gif

Im glad y'all FINALLY won a nat'l championship 2 years ago....

The boys in Tally and Coral Gables were wondering when y'all were finally gonna join the club.....

You BETTER hope Percy can even play this season....But we will save that for another discussion....

And nah....The greatest CFB coach of all time not named Eddie Robinson ain't retired yet....

what a game!!! very very enjoyable! big time shots... CDR will lose sleep for the rest of his life for missing those free throws. sucks for him!

Rose and CDR are the only reasons this game was even close.

CDR for the first half and Rose for the 2nd half....

Yes they choked at the line....but very little blame should be on those two.
Calipari is in denial.
I mean, what's he supposed to say tho?? As shady or smug as Cal maybe is...one thing he'll do is always defend his guys and give credit toother teams.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I had to laugh thinking about all the kids who are going to hate their coaches for making them run suicides after missing free throws because of this game.

that's something bad coaches do. you can't punish kids for missing free throws, that just puts more pressure on them.. you've gotta make them relaxed at the foul line under pressure.. Or better yet, you've just gotta recruit kids who have that winner's mentality.. it something some people are born with and others aren't... i think foul shots in crunch time speak more of your character than your coaching.

I disagree, shooting free throws has a lot to do with mental focus and practice. I ran suicides all throughout my playing career for a powerhouse programand I knew that if I didn't practice my free throws in the off season and my down time I was going to be running all night.

I still can't believe CDR. Like son had his swag on high after hitting all those freethows after Michigan State and Texas. He was conducting his post gameinterviews like Shaq. I thought it was a wrap with that 9 point lead. Then it just fell apart.................

Rose hitting both of those wouldn't have hurt. But I still can't believe that %%%$%%*@. They seriously lost it all on some damn freethrows.

Proving all those stupid %$* media people right. That college gamenight set, ATH/PTI, Sportcenter, all are gonna be unbearable.
sick.gif

I still don't understand Kansas' defense philosophy at times in this game.. their man to man was causing havoc at times, they were stripping andtipping memphis all over the place, really keeping Rose in check for the most part, too. I think Self really out-thought himself at times the last few games.

Cal said in the post game that they were trying to foul there up 3 in regulation.. But it looks like Rose wasn't trying very hard, he easily could'vecommitted the foul around half-court.

Really though - Kansas did was Kansas does - they don't allow teams to score very easily and they create turnovers... Memphis could've sealed things upat the line, but we all knew that was going to be a problem for them at some point, and even with the blown FT's they still had a chance in OT and got outplayed there as well.

Kansas was, imo, the best team in the country this year from start to finish. THey made the big plays when they needed them and found ways to win... can'ttake anything away from them.

Damn they just showed Mass street on the local news! It looked crazy! Why didn't I go to Lawrence tonight!

Kansas was, imo, the best team in the country this year from start to finish. THey made the big plays when they needed them and found ways to win... can't take anything away from them.

Yep.

I still don't understand Kansas' defense philosophy at times in this game.. their man to man was causing havoc at times, they were stripping and tipping memphis all over the place, really keeping Rose in check for the most part, too. I think Self really out-thought himself at times the last few games.
Yeah, Cal also commented on that, saying he was ecstatic when they switched out of man
laugh.gif

I'd say Self did a nice job tho tonight. But it definitely helped having so much experience out there. Those guys never panicked.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

The boys in Tally and Coral Gables were wondering when y'all were finally gonna join the club.....

You BETTER hope Percy can even play this season....But we will save that for another discussion....

And nah....The greatest CFB coach of all time not named Eddie Robinson ain't retired yet....

roll.gif
Join the club, I could see someone from Da U talking, but yall haveas many football championships as we do
indifferent.gif
.Just get ready foranother %*%-whooping of mammoth proportions, and if that bum Jeno Hayes is still at FSU, tell him he would be advised to shut his mouth so Tebow won't goSuperman on him. Have fun with your old senile coach too.

that's something bad coaches do. you can't punish kids for missing free throws, that just puts more pressure on them.. you've gotta make them relaxed at the foul line under pressure.. Or better yet, you've just gotta recruit kids who have that winner's mentality.. it something some people are born with and others aren't... i think foul shots in crunch time speak more of your character than your coaching.

I disagree, shooting free throws has a lot to do with mental focus and practice. I ran suicides all throughout my playing career for a powerhouse program and I knew that if I didn't practice my free throws in the off season and my down time I was going to be running all night.

The threat of having to run if you miss doesn't equate to mental focus.. it mostly equates to fear and nervousness. I want guys as relaxed as possibleat the line.. relaxed doesn't mean you aren't focused, it means extreme focus through calmness.

Maybe that method works for you - but for many players, they more stress you put on them the worse they will perform.. it's important not to letFT's get into a players head, that's why you should make them as comfortable as possible at practice.

The idea of punishment for missing them is very 1980's style coaching.. it's old school, and maybe still works for a lot of players.. but i would neverdo things that way. You should make players run for a lot of different things they do wrong, but missing shots is a bad one to go after somebody for, it'sa good way to make somebody a headcase... nobody goes to the line trying to miss - that's something you don't get better at by being afraid of.

I still REP for my city and my team!! we played a great season and made believers outta alot of Haters...
Ever man that was on the floor for Memphis will see pro money... so, thats a high note for my night.

After you run those suicides, you will try your hardest not to miss the next one. It works like that in game too. If you miss your %%% will pay for it likeMemphis, it's going to hurt.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
Join the club, I could see someone from Da U talking, but yall have as many football championships as we do
indifferent.gif
. And it was last year not 2 years ago, 2007 in Arizona. Just get ready for another @#!-whooping of mammoth proportions, and if that bum Jeno Hayes is still at FSU, tell him he would be advised to shut his mouth so Tebow won't go Superman on him. Have fun with your old senile coach too.

laugh.gif

I blocked that 52-20 *** whooping y'all put on us out of my memory....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(Y'all shouldn't have even been there, but thats another story)

Geno is gone bruh....

Not worried about Y'all SMASHING us again this year....

I will enjoy Bobby as he rides off into the sunset...

I disagree, shooting free throws has a lot to do with mental focus and practice. I ran suicides all throughout my playing career for a powerhouse program and I knew that if I didn't practice my free throws in the off season and my down time I was going to be running all night.

The threat of having to run if you miss doesn't equate to mental focus.. it mostly equates to fear and nervousness. I want guys as relaxed as possible at the line.. relaxed doesn't mean you aren't focused, it means extreme focus through calmness.

Maybe that method works for you - but for many players, they more stress you put on them the worse they will perform.. it's important not to let FT's get into a players head, that's why you should make them as comfortable as possible at practice.

The idea of punishment for missing them is very 1980's style coaching.. it's old school, and maybe still works for a lot of players.. but i would never do things that way. You should make players run for a lot of different things they do wrong, but missing shots is a bad one to go after somebody for, it's a good way to make somebody a headcase... nobody goes to the line trying to miss - that's something you don't get better at by being afraid of.

I guess we have to disagree on this one. I think you need to simulate the in-game tension in practice and become relaxed with that tension there so you cancome through when the game is on the line. Running is one thing that players hate to do as punishment, but realistically, if you are a headcase due to runningyou probably weren't going to be much of a help in pressure situations. And if you can't hit freethrows with the threat of running a simple suicide onthe line, how are you going to hit a free throw with a championship at stake?

I don't think Kansas' guards are getting enough credit for Rose and CDR having poor games. Their guards really affected they way Rose was playing inthe first half and CDR in the 2nd.

Good seasons for both Kansas and Memphis wonder how they'll look next year
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom