NBA 2K9 RANT: GOD DAMN THIS GAME

Originally Posted by toine2983

laugh.gif

Question for my fellow 2k9ers, are y'all able to post up?

Everytime I try to post up with a big they start doing but then just stop, anyone else experience this?
I can't back anyone down. But the CPU backed Greg Oden down like 3 ft and hit a fade-a-way with Calderon
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Everytime I try to post up with a big they start doing but then just stop, anyone else experience this?
same here.

every time i try its just a FAIL.

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

god damn this game pisses me the hell off. i just wanna rip my hair and break stuff playing it. HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY DEFENSE AT ALL IN THIS GAME. seems like most players just waltz right into the lane without trouble and throw up any type of wild shot, and it'll still go in. and the lag online messes up my jump shot timing, ive bricked at least 10 open 3's.... not to mention free throw shooting is terrible. how do u play defense though? i lock on with my defender and i still get blown past every single time (mind u opp. isn't using isomotion to get by me). im seriously considering to trade in this piece of $+%@ game.
For one 2K sports adjusted the 3pt. accuracy for online games... Dudes was hitting 80% from the 3pt. line and that wasn't popping so they had to change it up a bit.

As far as defense goes you just have to keep playing and practicing... On defense I usually try and bump my man off his path to the basket to throw the offense off, and if he blows by me I switch to the next closest man to try and draw a charge or block the shot.

Oh if you're playing against Kobe/Lebron it's almost impossible to stop them regardless of how good your defense is.

They done messed up now Rudy is already like 3/4. lol its not fair now.

laugh.gif

Same here. I knew something was wrong when Dwight Howard couldn't back down Ray Allen.

Originally Posted by Wings90

laugh.gif

Same here. I knew something was wrong when Dwight Howard couldn't back down Ray Allen.
Jason Kapono has stifling post defense as well.

Originally Posted by Wings90

laugh.gif

smh.gif
@ Yao Ming not being able to move Maruice Williams in the paint... I got a 5 sec back to the basket call too.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by AME416

Kobe freakin unstoppable.
smh.gif

but then again...hes really kinda unstoppable in real life......
him and lebron....so yu can argue that the game is accurate in that department
laugh.gif

I love 2k9, just got the hang of playing it after having for about a month. Had it since release day and play it about everyday. Defense is hard, yet I alwaysstop the other teams run by either getting there big men in foul trouble or simply out scoring them. I use the pistons and spurs, so drawing fouls is easy. Ido know that if I am up double digits the opposing teams defense gets ridiculously good and their offense too, then i be up only up six points with a minuteleft. I'd be pissed at first, then i don not care cause I want allen iverson to be the hero at the end of the day and get his name in the headlines.

My record is 40-22 played every single game except for my first one against Bron cause i was scared lol. I thought 2k woulda fixed that this year.

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

Originally Posted by AME416

Kobe freakin unstoppable.
smh.gif

but then again...hes really kinda unstoppable in real life......
him and lebron....so yu can argue that the game is accurate in that department
laugh.gif

right....you cant get mad
laugh.gif

TELL ME HOW TO INJURE MY PLAYERS!! I HAVE 12 PLAYERS ON MY ASSOCIATION (THE MINIMUM) AND I DON'T PLAY THEM ALL. WITH THAT I LOSE TEAM CHEMISTRY!!!

laugh.gif

Hold L2 down and then you can jump stop with the triangle

Originally Posted by CarminePOWER

TELL ME HOW TO INJURE MY PLAYERS!! I HAVE 12 PLAYERS ON MY ASSOCIATION (THE MINIMUM) AND I DON'T PLAY THEM ALL. WITH THAT I LOSE TEAM CHEMISTRY!!!
laugh.gif

1. 12 minute quarters
2. stamina slider

adjust.

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

laugh.gif

Hold L2 down and then you can jump stop with the triangle

I know, but I liked to back down my player and flick the shot stick left or right to do a fadeway or up to do a hook.

No I can't do any of that anymore.
ohwell.gif
I think the inability to postup now, may have to do with the last update 2ksports put out, hopefully this will be corrected in the next update, if their is any.

i have trouble getting stops too, but scoring is MUCH easier than 2k8.

gotta go back to 2k1 on dreamcast when i was schooling the ai like 170-18 on rookie lol.

damn games got too realistic. i find myself getting nervous at the end of close games sometimes.

honestly 2k8 > 2k9......2k8 was like real b-ball because i played on 12 min quarters and the scores would be realistic and the teams played like how theydid in real life

warriors would run

pistons would play that slow half court offense

i might go back and start playing it again.....2k9 koo but i hate how unrealistic 12 min qtrs are....computer be jacking shots within 10 secs on the shot clock

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

You just garbage my man.
co sign

and you cant just use that lock on d and expect it to do work for you
laugh.gif

i hated how it did that when they first introduced it.
and if youre using someone with no perimeter D on someone like lebron, of course theyll get by you.

its all practice bro, only people i know knockin 2k9 are people that suck at this game.

Originally Posted by CarminePOWER

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i used the magic last night online...i was certainly getting jiggy in the post...you kinda gotta get momentum into the post to back down now

Back
Top Bottom