NBA 2K9 Trailer..

disgusting.

i dont want a Celtic on a game i wanna enjoy.

sick.gif

(yes hate. and i'm flameproof)

First off, the finish game won't look like that KG model, that model is a target render, it's what developer use to work at to make the final copy looklike, but really NO game ever looks like that, hardware just isn't up to par yet. Renders are just eye candy, to make us go "
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
" andthat's pretty much it. Just compare 2k8 Garnett to 2k9, that is ONE HELL OF A LEAP forward in terms of graphics, facial texture and detail.
Originally Posted by copped

the problem is... 2k8 was so amazing that there really are very few things they need to improve on...

sure some graphics, some new animations, some new gameplays...

but other then that....2k8 is near flawless...i still play it and see things i've never seen....

so for those who say it looks the same....im pretty damn sure its going to be similar...and am not mad at that....as long as theres more features
They need to fix those damn layup animations, I swear, this is the only game were my layup attempts is like 6 for 17. Also when a team is hot andyou call a timeout to help cool them off, you should actually gain fatigue back and cool them off, I come back from a TO and dudes score 15 unanswered pts outof nowhere, damn!

Also momentum is unparalleled in this game, hot streaks never seem to die and dudes will miss wide open 3's, they need to fix that balance ASAP, computerplays like he's trying to win that gold e-trophy.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

First off, the finish game won't look like that KG model, that model is a target render, it's what developer use to work at to make the final copy look like, but really NO game ever looks like that, hardware just isn't up to par yet. Renders are just eye candy, to make us go "
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
" and that's pretty much it. Just compare 2k8 Garnett to 2k9, that is ONE HELL OF A LEAP forward in terms of graphics, facial texture and detail.

the problem is... 2k8 was so amazing that there really are very few things they need to improve on...

but other then that....2k8 is near flawless...i still play it and see things i've never seen....

so for those who say it looks the same....im pretty damn sure its going to be similar...and am not mad at that....as long as theres more features
They need to fix those damn layup animations, I swear, this is the only game were my layup attempts is like 6 for 17. Also when a team is hot and you call a timeout to help cool them off, you should actually gain fatigue back and cool them off, I come back from a TO and dudes score 15 unanswered pts out of nowhere, damn!

Also momentum is unparalleled in this game, hot streaks never seem to die and dudes will miss wide open 3's, they need to fix that balance ASAP, computer plays like he's trying to win that gold e-trophy.

those lame layup animation have made me throw my controller a few times, especially when your player is wide open and he does that stupid double clutchlayup that he brings down to his knees a la steve francis during the 2000 dunk contest

also the main stars like kobe and lebron pull off the MJ circus layups at a 90% clip which is ridiculous
smh.gif

There is alo that impossible baseline jump hook when your player tries to shoot behind the backboard and it becomes a turnover. The slow %*% shootinganimations that let other player recover quick and contest your shot. The animation is 2k8 are just atrocious and ******ed.
smh.gif

2K8 is the new Madden for me. I play it year round and I take time off when it comes out. I still play Madden but it usually gets dropped when 2K8 comesout.

The 2k series was never the same after Sega sold it. 2k2 was quite possibly the best (in terms of gameplay) I recently put in my 2k5 disc and was shocked athow bad it was.

2k for dreamcast up to 2k8 have always been the best basketball game out nuff said
pimp.gif
, i expect greatness again for 2k9

i could really care less if the graphics get that much more better... as long as they can fix some of the glitches/ cheesey stuff in the game im good....
crap goal tending calls
always getting the steal when you jump in the passing lane
players are wearing skirts sometimes
some of the players skill levels are WAY TO HIGH....

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i could really care less if the graphics get that much more better... as long as they can fix some of the glitches/ cheesey stuff in the game im good....
crap goal tending calls
always getting the steal when you jump in the passing lane
players are wearing skirts sometimes
some of the players skill levels are WAY TO HIGH....

they will never fix this stuff because of threads just like this. people are going to buy their crap no matter what.
i've watched the 2k seriesbecome exactly what it was better at: nba live. it took nba live five years to realize that people weren't going to buy a bad product that looked niceevery year. 2k is falling right into the same trap, great looking game with bad gameplay. i'm waiting for it to become madden, same game with a rosterupdate and stuff added on that you don't need. it's only a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom