[:NBA ALL-STAR Weekend Thread - NT's Post Game Debate: "Why Didn't Rose Dance?" (PG. 115+):]

Guys over 6-5 dunkin ant no big deal, more guys 6-6-2' would have been better, limit the height to 6-5 and it would look like guys are actually jumpin....

If john wall wanted to make a name for himself this was the oppertunity.... ah well.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Jarrett Jack's tweets
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Dude was wilding last night 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lebron with the MVP tonight though
pimp.gif

Didn't know last year's dunk contest wasn't good. I must've missed that memo.

This year's though...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Never have I been so underwhelmed. Replace Budinger & Paul George with Shannon
Brown and Gerald Wallace, and you have hands down the worst contest ever
laugh.gif

dunk contest was pretty weak but it was not worse than the year they had the DUNK WHEEL. omg that was painful

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

dunk contest was a joke.. with these bum players, they shoulda canceled it from the start... nothing special... and almost all of them did in game dunks.. the only dunk that was kinda nice was the jeremy evans dunk with two balls, but nothing worth mentioning, compared to vince carter or jrich or even kobe for that matter..

Slam dunk contest is not the same itUsed to be.Last time i was really amused was vine carterIn 2000 i think.Best slamdunk contest finals are MJ vs DWilkins,Dee Brown vs Shawn Kemp imo.

Who do you guys like for tonight's game? Was thinking the west +4. Haven't watched an all star game in a long time. It's not like the Pro Bowl is it?

Originally Posted by Nappy

Who do you guys like for tonight's game? Was thinking the west +4. Haven't watched an all star game in a long time. It's not like the Pro Bowl is it?
It's nothing like the Pro Bowl bro. Both teams have had this date circled on their calendars. They've been talking trash all season.

The dunk contest wasn't that bad. There were more contestants and more dunks than the prior years where everyone scripted it for NATE and DWIGHT.
Pauls' GLOW IN THE DARK dunk was fresh, but took the idea from those TALENT SHOWS. Still, he nailed the dunk which is the main thing. The larry bird fek up is probably why he lost.

In everyone's current state (in my opinion).

Paul > Rose
Kobe < Wade
Durant > Melo
Griffin < Lebron
Bynum < Dwight

West reserves > East reserves

Think the East will take it though
Just ultimately hope everyone goes out, has fun, competes, and puts on a good show for the fans 
pimp.gif

NBA might as well shut the dunk contest down. Blake said it and its been true for years - fans have completely unrealistic expectations and its almost impossible to do anything original without throwing in props or gimmicks. The Dunk Contest that everyone loves had VC shut down the house with a 360 windmill, elbow in the rim dunk, and a between the legs dunk. When players do the same exact dunk now, no one is impressed. Not sure what kind of dunks people are expecting. The guys are human. Throw any dunker in the league in there and you'll get the same mediocre results. Lebron, Josh Smith, Blake Griff, Westbrook, etc. They just bring more star power to the contest really. Last year's contest had MONSTER athletes, and people still complained.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

The dunk contest wasn't that bad. There were more contestants and more dunks than the prior years where everyone scripted it for NATE and DWIGHT.
Pauls' GLOW IN THE DARK dunk was fresh, but took the idea from those TALENT SHOWS. Still, he nailed the dunk which is the main thing. The larry bird fek up is probably why he lost.
tlc aired a home improvement show on restoring tile grout last night that was more entertaining than the dunk competition.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Kenny: My one regret is having never played in an All Star Game

Chuck: You weren't good enough

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Who's in charge of arranging the Dunk Contest?... They need to be Fired.

...And all the props and dialog is corny as hell... I saw the highlights of the D-leagues Dunk Contest...and it seemed better.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

NBA might as well shut the dunk contest down. Blake said it and its been true for years - fans have completely unrealistic expectations and its almost impossible to do anything original without throwing in props or gimmicks. The Dunk Contest that everyone loves had VC shut down the house with a 360 windmill, elbow in the rim dunk, and a between the legs dunk. When players do the same exact dunk now, no one is impressed. Not sure what kind of dunks people are expecting. The guys are human. Throw any dunker in the league in there and you'll get the same mediocre results. Lebron, Josh Smith, Blake Griff, Westbrook, etc. They just bring more star power to the contest really. Last year's contest had MONSTER athletes, and people still complained.
Well said, which is why I hate it when people keep screaming for stars to be in it as if they can do anything.
Did someone really say call up Ricky Davis? Have you seen that man lately? 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 @ Wayne + Chuck, "I wanna find Wayne after the show."