NBA denies Dwight Howard's request to raise rim to 12 feet during dunk contest

I wonder if they will call traveling on the players while they dunk?
Maybe put up a shot clock or call out of bounds on them since they want to keep the rules of the game in All Star weekend.
I usually don't mind Stern all that much but he is a complete buzzkill. He got lucky that Michael, Charles, Mailman, Ewing and Hakeem all came into the Lwithin a year or 2 of him being the commish. THEY made the NBA not you douche.

Originally Posted by 1D

I'm not a fan of the idea, any dunk he can do a on a 12 he can do on a 10, the playing filed would not be even. Heck Kemp probably could have dunk on a 13 foot rim. I'm not confident on what these 4
eyes.gif
kids can do on a regulation rim.

I think the whole point in raising it to 12 ft is to show his leaping ability. Because D12 is damn near 7 ft his dunks may not look as smooth as a shorterguy. But by raising the rim to 12ft it adds some
pimp.gif
to it.

I think they should do it, if other dunkers dont contest I really dont see the problem

I agree with this, and what Nique said the other day on ESPN...The contest is to see what you can do on a 10 ft hoop..Raising the hoop would just be a heightcontest...If players want this...There should be a separate competition..Like the normal dunk contest..And then one that is based on height, with the goalbeing raised until there is a champ...Like high jump, or what they do in the X games....

I agree with Stern on this one.

We know you can dunk on a 12ft. hoop Dwight....You're hella tall.

The dunk contest is for entertainment and the fans.

I think most of us want to see what Dwight can do on a 12 foot hoop so let him have it. But it doesn't matter now anyways.

Back
Top Bottom