NBA Draft stock post

yeah when i think top level athlete at the shooting guard position i think of guys like kobe bryant, dwyane wade and vince carter.

eric gordon is not at that level to me, but he will still be athletic enough to get to the rim and finish in the nba.

I don't know...I've seen EG extensively over the past few years and I would put him in that realm athletically.

Some different mock draft opinions on him

NBA Draft.net

Tremendous leaper with great outside shooting ability ... Really excels at taking the ball inside and drawing contact ... Makes spectacular dunks on a regularbasis ... Excellent scorer with good mental toughness ... Shows great body strength at a young age ... Terrific body balance ... Quick feet and an explosivefirst step ... Has a good feel for the game ... Shoots well off the dribble with a developing mid range game ... Outside shooting stands out ... Showsexcellent desire and intensity defensively, good at anticipating steals ... Good competitor ... Athletic ability helps to overcome his size disadvantage forthe NBA ... Solid rebounder ...

DraftExpress

hysically, Gordon entered college with an already great body, weighing in at 205 pounds. Along with a chiseled frame, Gordon has explosive leaping abilitycombined with a quick first step to the basket. These physical attributes give him the potential to lock down defensively. He has proved capable of physicaldefense against low-major opponents so far, but the real test comes when he will have to defend an elite wing prospect.

Allen3xis

Man I'm telling you. Go youtube Eric Gordon. He bangs on cats. I think you're letting the baggy t-shirt under the jersey fool you into thinking he's fat. Some people aren't gonna be cut up with veins showing. I used to think Gordon was behind OJ and Rose we it came to this but it just how he looks. The kid has all the tools.

95% of you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and shouldn't post in this thread ever again.

NBA Draft.net

DraftExpress

Those people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about...... Have you ever seen the guys that make those two sites? They couldn't even make theirHS varsity team....now they are "experts" in evaluating NBA talent
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

If Derrick Rose is a top 3 pick I'll retire this screenname.
i dont think gordon's going to pan out like people want him to, he'll provide scoring punch for a few years on a few teams but a star?

Thats a little harsh...this aint Bobby Jackson we're talking about. EG is too talented to be a journeyman in the league.

That's too easy to say. Basically every NBA player was an annihilator at some point. Kurt Thomas lead the nation in scoring AND rebounding, youdont think he looked 'too' talented coming out of school?

Michael Owolokandi was considered cant miss and was unanimously the #1 pick, how did that pan out? the same goes for joe smith.

raef lafrentz?
drew gooden?
keith van horn.?
jim jackson?
kenny anderson?
stromile swift?
shareef?
jalen rose?

I just don't see it. It'll take doin it on the next level to convince me

I like him a lot as a player, just not seeing the great athleticism

I ain't seein it either allen... Is EG a good athlete? Sure. Is he an elite, ultra-explosive athlete? Not IMO.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

If Derrick Rose is a top 3 pick I'll retire this screenname.
i dont think gordon's going to pan out like people want him to, he'll provide scoring punch for a few years on a few teams but a star?

Thats a little harsh...this aint Bobby Jackson we're talking about. EG is too talented to be a journeyman in the league.
That's too easy to say. Basically every NBA player was an annihilator at some point. Kurt Thomas lead the nation in scoring AND rebounding, you dont think he looked 'too' talented coming out of school?

Michael Owolokandi was considered cant miss and was unanimously the #1 pick, how did that pan out? the same goes for joe smith.

raef lafrentz?
drew gooden?
keith van horn.?
jim jackson?
kenny anderson?
stromile swift?
shareef?
jalen rose?

Kurt Thomas also went to Texas Christian and not Indiana...lol nobody ever called Kandi man a can't miss...I still got the 99 Slam when they KILLEDElgin for making that pick....

maybe yall have different opinions of good and great athletes...

Luke Jackson is a good athlete...Joe Johnson is a good athlete...from the guard perspective...Ben Gordon is a good athlete...Gilbert Arenas is a good athlete,etc. I wouldnt put Eric in the good category...I mean I've seen Gordon and Rose on the floor at the same time with Mean Streets and there is nothingathletically than Derrick can do and Eric can't

To me, Rose's athletic jumps off the TV screen, like you know that isn't normal his speed and explosion.

I don't get the same thing with Gordon

Money wise....yes Rose should leave. Basketball wise, playing time at the next level wise, he should stay one more year. He's basically Javarius Crittentonat this point.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

To me, Rose's athletic jumps off the TV screen, like you know that isn't normal his speed and explosion.

I don't get the same thing with Gordon

�Thats because Derrick relies on his more often...his bread and butter is his athleticism...getting in the paint and making things happen. He plays at fullspeed all the time. Eric is more reserve in his approach...he mixes it up. He's more laid back...that doesnt mean he isnt as athletic. Dude aint THATtall...you can YouTube and see dude damn near hitting his head on the backboard trying to block shots and getting well above the rim on dunks. You can also seehim blowing past multiple defenders at any given time.

Look at how fast dude moves...

Thats "good" athleticism?

On the NBA level, imo he's goin to be a good athlete, not a superior one

lol, its obvious we're just gona have to agree to disagree on this topic

i think eric gordon is on par with guys like ray allen and brandon roy because while they DO have very good athleticism they do not showcase it like otherelite athletes. their skills (in gordon's case shooting/scoring) are more apparent than their athleticism.

i hope that makes sense.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

i think eric gordon is on par with guys like ray allen and brandon roy because while they DO have very good athleticism they do not showcase it like other elite athletes. their skills (in gordon's case shooting/scoring) are more apparent than their athleticism.

i hope that makes sense.

He's more athletic than both of those guys...bad examples

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

i think eric gordon is on par with guys like ray allen and brandon roy because while they DO have very good athleticism they do not showcase it like other elite athletes. their skills (in gordon's case shooting/scoring) are more apparent than their athleticism.

i hope that makes sense.

BINGO! although i think EG is a tad bit more athletic than Roy or Allen...he's inbetween a guy like kobe and Ray Allen.

Those people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about...... Have you ever seen the guys that make those two sites? They couldn't even make their HS varsity team....now they are "experts" in evaluating NBA talent
laugh.gif

Have you ever seen Mike Kunstadt who runs texashoops.com? I agree with you that those two websites are jokes, but not all scouts and talent evaluators looklike athletes...

It's good to see a few people in here talking about my boy Deandre
pimp.gif
His potential is pretty much unlimited, he's still so raw on both sides of theball. His free throws are just
sick.gif
though. He came in to tonight's gameshooting only like 35%. I want him to stay in school
frown.gif

InMyMind, I know what you trying to say, but that video also makes GO look like he's 9 ft. tall.

NO WAY Rose doesn't go top 3- Beasley, Rose, Gordon. Nobody is passing up a PG (especially now with all the great ones we got in the L) that will be WAYmore athletic than any dude he faces.

OJ will be a lot better in the L than what he's showing right now in a bad situation that doesn't really suit him or show his strengths. His game ismade for the L.

Back
Top Bottom