NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by woody2626

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I would take the "bum" vince over any duke player playing now.
You're fired.

Signed,
A notorious Duke hater
If you judge Vinces whole career, who is better than him playing now? Boozer? Deng? Not even close. Vince was a top 10 player in the league.

You're comparing vince's career to booz who is just now entering his prime. Of course you're going to take vince because he already has achievements. That's like comparing steve nash and deron williams right now.

Kenny smith and brad daughtery really better than elton or booz? Really?

In all honesty vince hasn't done %%%# since he left toronto, half man half amazing died in canada

Boozer is 29. Entering his prime?
30t6p3b.gif

You know who else was "untradeable?" Gilbert Arenas.

I still have hope that some GM will be intrigued with Blatche and make a deal for him before the Feb deadline.  I honestly think he'd do better as a 6th man on a winning team. 

OK...moving on to McGee. DEFENSIVELY his potential is Tyson Chandler. As an overall player, he's going to be 100000x better. Do any of you all remember how clueless Chandler was at defense when he was 22-23 years old? As a matter of fact, McGee at the same age is MUCH further along than Chandler. He's had his ups/downs, but why move McGee this year with NO plan to fill the void at the 5?  If he can build off of what he did in March/April and put in some good work over the summer, I think a lot of people are expecting him to take HUGE steps in his development. 

There is no dominant center prospect in this year's draft or in 2012 for the moment to make anyone feel good about moving McGee. Also, move McGee for what? Derrick Williams??? No thank you. I think Williams is going to be a good player, but if the Wizards are reeeeeally trying to target a a SF, the 2012 draft is the place to nab one....not give up the farm in this year's draft for a 4 who's adamant about playing the 3. Wizards can get equal or BETTER value next year when they should have a top-10 selection. Let's be real...this team is most likely going to win between 25-30 games (hopefully). That's a step in the right direction. Leonsis & Co. have constantly preached about hanging on to the young core and building around them. Bullets/Wizards have a ridiculous history of giving up young talent way too early and have to watch them blossom in other cities. If this was Abe/EG running the show, I'd say McGee would be as good as gone. Now that it's Ted/EG, there's an actual plan. I'm glad McGee is off the table right now because trading him for the #2 makes NO sense (especially if the 6/18 can net the 3).

Let's look ahead to 2012 (and I'm going to assume that Blatche is gone...and was traded for bench depth...let's also say N.Young was resigned to a modest deal)...

Would you rather have a lineup of

McGee
Kanter
Barnes/Miller/Gilchrist/Thomas/T.Jones
Young
Wall

Or

?
?
Williams
Young
Wall

Is it worth it? No.

I still have hope that some GM will be intrigued with Blatche and make a deal for him before the Feb deadline.  I honestly think he'd do better as a 6th man on a winning team. 

OK...moving on to McGee. DEFENSIVELY his potential is Tyson Chandler. As an overall player, he's going to be 100000x better. Do any of you all remember how clueless Chandler was at defense when he was 22-23 years old? As a matter of fact, McGee at the same age is MUCH further along than Chandler. He's had his ups/downs, but why move McGee this year with NO plan to fill the void at the 5?  If he can build off of what he did in March/April and put in some good work over the summer, I think a lot of people are expecting him to take HUGE steps in his development. 

There is no dominant center prospect in this year's draft or in 2012 for the moment to make anyone feel good about moving McGee. Also, move McGee for what? Derrick Williams??? No thank you. I think Williams is going to be a good player, but if the Wizards are reeeeeally trying to target a a SF, the 2012 draft is the place to nab one....not give up the farm in this year's draft for a 4 who's adamant about playing the 3. Wizards can get equal or BETTER value next year when they should have a top-10 selection. Let's be real...this team is most likely going to win between 25-30 games (hopefully). That's a step in the right direction. Leonsis & Co. have constantly preached about hanging on to the young core and building around them. Bullets/Wizards have a ridiculous history of giving up young talent way too early and have to watch them blossom in other cities. If this was Abe/EG running the show, I'd say McGee would be as good as gone. Now that it's Ted/EG, there's an actual plan. I'm glad McGee is off the table right now because trading him for the #2 makes NO sense (especially if the 6/18 can net the 3).

Let's look ahead to 2012 (and I'm going to assume that Blatche is gone...and was traded for bench depth...let's also say N.Young was resigned to a modest deal)...

Would you rather have a lineup of

McGee
Kanter
Barnes/Miller/Gilchrist/Thomas/T.Jones
Young
Wall

Or

?
?
Williams
Young
Wall

Is it worth it? No.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You traded 1a worst contract in basketball for 1b worst contract in basketball, you keep saying that but Gil was untradeable unless your talking about the world of awful, awful, overpaid guys.  Blatche is untradeable unless he is a part of a piece for someone like Brandon Roy for instance or another horrid contract.

You traded 1a worst contract in basketball for 1b worst contract in basketball, you keep saying that but Gil was untradeable unless your talking about the world of awful, awful, overpaid guys.  Blatche is untradeable unless he is a part of a piece for someone like Brandon Roy for instance or another horrid contract.

washington will have to take another horrible contract for Blatche

wait.... J's you saying that Kanter and/or McGee are gonna play the 4?
eek.gif
eek.gif

washington will have to take another horrible contract for Blatche

eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If the Wizards have to take on a bad contract (not Roy...c'mon son...he's making 18 mil per year
laugh.gif
), but get a good locker room/character guy, then so be it.  I don't think anyone would complain about the return for Blatche.  He's toxic to this team and needs to go.  His contract is reasonable and should be much easier to move than Gil's.  I fully expect him to be gone by Feb at the latest.  I brought up Arenas because the general consensus (here on NT) was that he'd be a Wizard until his deal expired.  All it takes is one GM to see something and make a move. 

Yes, Kanter can play the 4. 

*Out of curiosity, what bad contracts are out there for guys making between 6-10 mil per year?  Yall are on crack if you think the Wizards would take on an additional 10+ mil JUST to get rid of Blatche who has a very reasonable deal to trade. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If the Wizards have to take on a bad contract (not Roy...c'mon son...he's making 18 mil per year
laugh.gif
), but get a good locker room/character guy, then so be it.  I don't think anyone would complain about the return for Blatche.  He's toxic to this team and needs to go.  His contract is reasonable and should be much easier to move than Gil's.  I fully expect him to be gone by Feb at the latest.  I brought up Arenas because the general consensus (here on NT) was that he'd be a Wizard until his deal expired.  All it takes is one GM to see something and make a move. 

Yes, Kanter can play the 4. 

*Out of curiosity, what bad contracts are out there for guys making between 6-10 mil per year?  Yall are on crack if you think the Wizards would take on an additional 10+ mil JUST to get rid of Blatche who has a very reasonable deal to trade. 

Now that San Antonio AND my boy Sam Presti are trying to get Jonas Valuncissfaha'psdgj'k you KNOW he's gonna be great!

Eric Maynor for a lotto pick i dont know if that is a go... throw in that bum Cole Aldrich

"Yes, Kanter can play the 4.  

*Out of curiosity, what bad contracts are out there for guys making between 6-10 mil per year?  Yall are on crack if you think the Wizards would take on an additional 10+ mil JUST to get rid of Blatche who has a very reasonable deal to trade. "

I just think everyone in the league knows that Blatche is a cancer (talented albeit) so in order to get rid of him other GMs might try to stick you because theyre in the riskier position. 

For example... would you take Josh Childress's/Channing Frye terrible contract ... both who are SIGNIFICANTLY less talented and got the same years

Now that San Antonio AND my boy Sam Presti are trying to get Jonas Valuncissfaha'psdgj'k you KNOW he's gonna be great!

Eric Maynor for a lotto pick i dont know if that is a go... throw in that bum Cole Aldrich

"Yes, Kanter can play the 4.  

*Out of curiosity, what bad contracts are out there for guys making between 6-10 mil per year?  Yall are on crack if you think the Wizards would take on an additional 10+ mil JUST to get rid of Blatche who has a very reasonable deal to trade. "

I just think everyone in the league knows that Blatche is a cancer (talented albeit) so in order to get rid of him other GMs might try to stick you because theyre in the riskier position. 

For example... would you take Josh Childress's/Channing Frye terrible contract ... both who are SIGNIFICANTLY less talented and got the same years

I read the Spurs are after Klay Thompson. He had a secret workout with them before leaving for New York.

I read the Spurs are after Klay Thompson. He had a secret workout with them before leaving for New York.

I'm a Vince Carter fan, but I've come to terms that he's done now.

Sean May, Rashad McCants, Joe Forte, Branden Wright, and Jerry Stackhouse all played really well this season though
grin.gif

I'm a Vince Carter fan, but I've come to terms that he's done now.

Sean May, Rashad McCants, Joe Forte, Branden Wright, and Jerry Stackhouse all played really well this season though
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

In a heartbeat.  Like I said...as long as the return is a good locker room or character guy, I think folks would be happy.  Obviously it's not going to be a ridiculous scenario where the Wizards dump Blatche to take on Brandon Roy's 17 mil+ per year deal or anything along those lines....but if it's something like getting Childress or Frye, I don't think EG would hesitate.  IMO, the plan is to start Blatche until the Feb deadline.  You gotta showcase him and x your fingers that he'll put his best foot forward.  If so, there should be a GM out there willing to take the risk of bringing him on.  I can see him being a productive 6th man on a winning team with a HEAVY veteran presence that won't tolerate his %@$#. 

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

In a heartbeat.  Like I said...as long as the return is a good locker room or character guy, I think folks would be happy.  Obviously it's not going to be a ridiculous scenario where the Wizards dump Blatche to take on Brandon Roy's 17 mil+ per year deal or anything along those lines....but if it's something like getting Childress or Frye, I don't think EG would hesitate.  IMO, the plan is to start Blatche until the Feb deadline.  You gotta showcase him and x your fingers that he'll put his best foot forward.  If so, there should be a GM out there willing to take the risk of bringing him on.  I can see him being a productive 6th man on a winning team with a HEAVY veteran presence that won't tolerate his %@$#. 

Back
Top Bottom