NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Vesely appears to have received assurances from the Wizards that he’s indeed the pick, according to reports from NBA teams who have spoken with his camp. With the team’s other top options, Valanciunas and Kanter, off the board, this makes plenty of sense, even if Kawhi Leonard did draw some looks here as well.

If Valanciunas somehow slips past Utah, Cleveland and Toronto, the Wizards’ front office is high on his services. Still, it would be difficult for owner Ted Leonsis to sign off on having to wait on Valanciunas for another season, which is an edge for Vesely.

DX/Yahoo! Mock

So it's either trade up for Kanter or take Vesely....

Eh, I don't know how I feel about Vesely everyone is saying he's athletic but isn't necessarily good at ONE particular thing. Dammit I hope we could get Canter without giving up McGee  

Personally, I think it's a bluff by the Wizards.  EG usually keeps his picks close to the vest.  Very unlike him to show his cards this early....I'm sure they're going to do all they can to get up in that top-3. 

After initially seeing their reported offer for Tony Parker fall apart, the Portland Trail Blazers may have set their eyes on another point guard on a contending team. The latest NBA trade rumor, via Draft Express, has the Blazers sending Andre Miller and their No. 21 overall pick to the Orlando Magic for Jameer Nelson.

Link

*EDIT*  Just read Rambis is being fired AFTER the draft...meaning, he has to sit in tonight
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  This dude, Kahn....

Originally Posted by Buc Em

@+$* is annoying as hell. I never thought i'd be saying "Damn, i wish we didn't trade Dalembert, Reggie Evans and John Salmons".
Trading Reggie Evans for Kapono SIGNIFICANTLY @**%%% up the Sixers, and that Dalembert for Hawes deal was by far one of/if not the worst deal of last season. Brand is so small and unathletic compared to other 4's in the league now and Hawes just !+@+%%+ sucks, so we can never get a rebound. Seeing as how there's nobody on the team that can actually shoot the ball except Meeks, that's kind of a problem. If Biyombo is there we better draft him.

When is the earliest that Jonas Valancias* will probably come over to the NBA?

considering all the bad deals the 6ers had in place, one would think you keep a couple of the expiring contracts you have and understand their potential trade value to contending teams..

but that involves logic and the 6ers dont have that

Originally Posted by Buc Em

@+$* is annoying as hell. I never thought i'd be saying "Damn, i wish we didn't trade Dalembert, Reggie Evans and John Salmons".
Trading Reggie Evans for Kapono SIGNIFICANTLY @**%%% up the Sixers, and that Dalembert for Hawes deal was by far one of/if not the worst deal of last season. Brand is so small and unathletic compared to other 4's in the league now and Hawes just !+@+%%+ sucks, so we can never get a rebound. Seeing as how there's nobody on the team that can actually shoot the ball except Meeks, that's kind of a problem. If Biyombo is there we better draft him.

When is the earliest that Jonas Valancias* will probably come over to the NBA?

considering all the bad deals the 6ers had in place, one would think you keep a couple of the expiring contracts you have and understand their potential trade value to contending teams..

but that involves logic and the 6ers dont have that

Just a reminder:
@ESPNAndyKatz Trade deadline is at 2 p.m. for picks to be moved on the big board prior to the draft. Post 2 p.m. trades mean teams will select for another
@ESPNAndyKatz Had a question on post 2 p.m. trades. It means the board will still say team X makes pick, player wears that hat, but then traded to team Y.
Otherwise known on here as the "Let's Continue to Make Fun of David Kahn Without Knowing The Rules Rule"

Just a reminder:
@ESPNAndyKatz Trade deadline is at 2 p.m. for picks to be moved on the big board prior to the draft. Post 2 p.m. trades mean teams will select for another
@ESPNAndyKatz Had a question on post 2 p.m. trades. It means the board will still say team X makes pick, player wears that hat, but then traded to team Y.
Otherwise known on here as the "Let's Continue to Make Fun of David Kahn Without Knowing The Rules Rule"

Back
Top Bottom