[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lebron's fragility is crazy, but I totally get it. This is a dude that at the age of like 12 was crowned the Chosen One and King. And he's so used to everybody calling him the best in the world that when things go sideways he gets confused and lost. What's scary, is that he could be an even better player than he is today, I firmly believe it. He's the best we have today, but he could be better. If he was in a better system, with a couple of young shooters and a second fiddle that doesn't need the ball in his hands to get in rhythm, he could average a triple double.

Oh yay, the good old "the Winner of Game whatever wins this series this percentage of the time" stat.

It aint nothing but trivia. Doesnt help you predict who wins or loses a series, unless its like 3-1 or 3-0.

Miami won Game 1 and then Game 3 in 2011. That aint turn out well for them despite all the historical data. Lakers were down 3-2 in 2010. They won it all.

None of that garbage matters. Either the Spurs will outplay the Heat or vice versa.

Don't be in denial playa lol you know it's over. The 2010 lakers had homecourt advantage and the 2011 heat are the only team to prove that stat wrong and get embarrassed by Dirk and Co. The heat have a fork in em

[quote name="JAYFIEND"]The funny thing is Bron is probably just gonna attack the rim tonight. Which of course will probably cause a lot of whistles being blown.

Then it will be back to the " it's fixed" talks :lol:[/quote]That's the thing, when LeBron goes to the rack, he does get fouled almost every time. The problem I have is when I hear "Tweet!" and it's clear that it was just automatic, that the refs really didn't see what the foul was.

That's one problem people have.

Another problem people have is when the officiating is inconsistent. LeBron goes to the rack and gets a bunch of FTs, okay... but then you look on the other team's end, in this case the Spurs end, and people are driving and getting clearly bumped or hacked, and... nothing.

THAT'S the kind of thing that fuels the conspiracy talk, which has been dead for the most part this series, because... And I am one of the league's biggest critics on this topic... it has been very well officiated, in my opinion. My only gripe is that I do see a focus on Duncan, but that's it's. it makes my heart smile everytime I see Bosh and Wade on the ground looking up at the ref while the ref and everyone else is running the other way. Good times. :smokin

Lebron's fragility is crazy, but I totally get it. This is a dude that at the age of like 12 was crowned the Chosen One and King. And he's so used to everybody calling him the best in the world that when things go sideways he gets confused and lost. What's scary, is that he could be an even better player than he is today, I firmly believe it. He's the best we have today, but he could be better. If he was in a better system, with a couple of young shooters and a second fiddle that doesn't need the ball in his hands to get in rhythm, he could average a triple double.

If someone told him just to bang down low when he was on Cleveland dude would be literally unstoppable

Teams who win game 3 in the finals are 12 - 1 in the finals

Just like you stated lakers were down 3-2 but won game 3 and won the series

Yet the heat were the only team in history to choke the series away after winning game 3

So the winner of game 3 tied 1-1 is a better predictor than game 5 when tied 2-2?

Is that what you're gonna sit there and try and tell me? :lol:

hes 10 years in with multiple HUGE games under his belt and on his second team. how much longer are excuses going to be made for this man not playing to potential? why cant the guy who played in game 6 of last years ECF come out and play every night? i dont mean 45/15/5 everynight but that kind of passion. he just checks out of games. its a shame unfortunately.

LeBron is not a great jump shooter. Has he improved, yes he has. Their is no denying that he has. His game is still predicated on him getting to the basket though. If he is forced to shoot contested jumpers, he's going to look bad. He can't really shoot on the move or off the dribble. He's basically a stand still jump shooter. LeBron shot 43% outside the paint this season. You know why you don't hear about that? It's because he shot 78% in the paint. If the Spurs clog the paint, he's going to continue to struggle.

Bron seems like the guy that tries to do too much to please everybody and I really have a feeling that's why he's playing so lousy and looks lost at times. Dwyane should've never made those comments. You don't tell the best player in the league that's a freaking tank to shoot less, you simply tell him, hey, get out there and do your thing and when your tank is low, I'll help push you uphill. I don't care how much of a rhythm player Dwyane Wade is, the best players in the world find a way to score and contribute in a myriad of ways.

If he had Melo's range and stroke, Bron would put up 30+ a game easily. And if Melo had Bron's shot selection (when he's feeling right) Melo would be right up there with him.

Last edited:
Ska, not that there's anything wrong with liking/respecting LeBron because there's not, he's the best in the world i know that... But you're more passionate about defending LeBron and the Heat than you are about the Lakers. You might as well be a Heat fan :lol: :tongue:

Last edited:
This quote is dedicated to Scot Brooks and Big J 33
LeBron is shooting 52/211 (24.6%) outside the restricted area through 18 career NBA Finals games
Imagine Lebron playing on a team with no Ray Allen, Mike, Miller, Shane Battier, James Jones, etc at age 30. What will happen to this dude when Bosh starts declining?

The Darvin Hamm dream is still alive
Damn thats nuts. Its too small of a sample size though IMO. He could easily turn it around if he gets like 9 more finals games under his belt. I've also never been one to buy into the whole "The team that wins X game wins the series ___% of the time" Its a cool stat to look at and all and it has a lot of history behind it, but thats as far as it goes. It doesnt have any relation to stats that have to do with the actual gameplay so I dont really trust it all that much.

Bron seems like the guy that tries to do too much to please everybody and I really have a feeling that's why he's playing so lousy and looks lost at times. Dwyane should've never made those comments. You don't tell the best player in the league that's a freaking tank to shoot less, you simply tell him, hey, get out there and do your thing and when your tank is low, I'll help push you uphill. I don't care how much of a rhythm player Dwyane Wade is, the best players in the world find a way to score and contribute in a myriad of ways.

If he had Melo's range and stroke, Bron would put up 30+ a game easily. And if Melo had Bron's shot selection (when he's feeling right) Melo would be right up there with him.
Wade's comments are not the reason why LeBron is struggling. This is a just an excuse in a long line of other excuses that people have come up with to rationalize the man's horrific play. He's struggling because he's being forced to shoot jumpers.

There are no excuses for his play thus far, barring some sort of unknown injury.

He's playing like ****, and that's all there is to it.

He gotta own that ****, and deal with it. And his fans need to do the same.

Last edited:
That's the thing, when LeBron goes to the rack, he does get fouled almost every time. The problem I have is when I hear "Tweet!" and it's clear that it was just automatic, that the refs really didn't see what the foul was.

That's one problem people have.

Another problem people have is when the officiating is inconsistent. LeBron goes to the rack and gets a bunch of FTs, okay... but then you look on the other team's end, in this case the Spurs end, and people are driving and getting clearly bumped or hacked, and... nothing.

THAT'S the kind of thing that fuels the conspiracy talk, which has been dead for the most part this series, because... And I am one of the league's biggest critics on this topic... it has been very well officiated, in my opinion. My only gripe is that I do see a focus on Duncan, but that's it's. it makes my heart smile everytime I see Bosh and Wade on the ground looking up at the ref while the ref and everyone else is running the other way. Good times. :smokin

Lebron fouls when driving to the basket a lot as well. He charges a lot and rarely gets called for it. Then you have to consider how his traveling allows him to get even better momentum to get to the basket and it is also rarely called.

[quote name="L2B"]Ska, not that there's anything wrong with liking/respecting LeBron because there's not, he's the best in the world i know that... But you're more passionate about defending LeBron and the Heat than you are about the Lakers. You might as well be a Heat fan :lol: :tongue:[/quote] you are one of literary millions of people who have yet to learn that presumptions are mostly inaccurate. that's why it's best to just go by what the person said, and if you have a presumption based on what they said, ask. Don't just move forward with the presumption.

"Defending Lebron"? True. I'm a fan. but anyone who would make the presumption that I think he is infallible would be grossly inaccurate. He's a mental ******.

"Defending the Heat"? Man, **** the Heat, straight up. I would be openly cheering against them, but... **** the Spurs, too. :\

'More passionate about defending them than the Lakers'? Ummmm, nobody's talking crap about how the Lakers are playing right now. should I get some folks riled up, so I can defend my beloved team and people who make presumptions can also see me passionately defending the Lakers along with talking about whatever players and teams are actually in the finals?

Last edited:
Damn Ska, why you gotta ether me like that?

You're words are burning my soul... * Runs away while listening to Kanye's 'Runaway' *

unless lebron hits his perimeter shots, the only way he's putting up big scoring numbers is when the heat play small ball and post him up as a power forward. if there's too many bigs on the court, it allows the spurs to pack the paint and clearly lebron hasn't been hitting. i'd like to see a bosh/haslem, chalmers, miller, wade/allen lineup and see if lebron can create from the post. however this makes a lot of sense, and therefore spoelstra won't do it.

Last edited:
unless lebron hits his perimeter shots, the only way he's putting up big scoring numbers is when the heat play small ball and post him up as a power forward. if there's too many bigs on the court, it allows the spurs to pack the paint and clearly lebron hasn't been hitting. i'd like to see a bosh/haslem, chalmers, miller, wade/allen lineup and see if lebron can create from the post. however this makes a lot of sense, and therefore spoelstra won't do it.

spurs downsize with kawhi at 4
manu/neal, parker, green, timmy

the others aint hitting for mia (aside from miller), in my opinion, playing lbj at the 4 will kill them on the other end

Back
Top Bottom