[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"If the general dont panic, the troops dont panic." Yall think theyre coming out beat, na them boys coming out fired up on Thursday.
It's great to see you show Bron some respect shows you actually appreciate watching the game and you don't just watch it to watch the heat lose

I love basketball, and I appreciate greatness, its just hard to appreciate when the outcome doesnt work out in your favor, just like it was hard for you to watch game 1 lol

Wouldn't be surprised if the NBA retconned that to make it seem as if the Spurs had an extra timeout. :rolleyes And If they took a timeout there they would have advanced the ball.

They were out. Breen and Van Gundy even mentioned it when they went to replay because it gave the Spurs an opportunity to talk about the inbounds play they were gonna run even though they didn't have any timeouts left.

Imagine them awarding the Heat a technical free throw to Allen and he hits it to win the game at the end of the 4th? The madness that would have ensued. :lol:

I love basketball, and I appreciate greatness, its just hard to appreciate when the outcome doesnt work out in your favor, just like it was hard for you to watch game 1 lol
Lol exactly but this is the reason I don't rub **** in people's faces I know how that **** feels losing a close game.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130618/SASMIA/gameinfo.html#nbaGIlive

Play by play claims the Spurs called a timeout, but I thought they were out (otherwise they would have advanced the ball) and it was just a stoppage to review. FFWD the recap video here to 5:12. Duncan definitely came in the game during that stoppage though

Ill need to rewatch because i thought they were out of timeouts also.

If Bron was a better shooter I think itd be easier for him. Jordan and Kobe are much better shooters than LeBron. Bron might be able to get a little better with it though.

Also think that Wade should have sat more during that run. My favorite player but he doesnt spread the floor making it harder for Bron to operate. Also theres that "stepping on each others toes" thing

Wouldn't be surprised if the NBA retconned that to make it seem as if the Spurs had an extra timeout. :rolleyes And If they took a timeout there they would have advanced the ball.

They were out. Breen and Van Gundy even mentioned it when they went to replay because it gave the Spurs an opportunity to talk about the inbounds play they were gonna run even though they didn't have any timeouts left.

Imagine them awarding the Heat a technical free throw to Allen and he hits it to win the game at the end of the 4th? The madness that would have ensued. :lol:
I was thinking of that to all I could remember was the Chris webber play where he called a timeout when they didn't have one

Can someone post that ginobli drive at the end of the game? People are swearing up and down that it was a travel.

Son took like 10 steps. :lol:

I just watched it from two angles in slo-mo, his foot right foot was off the ground before he picked up his dribble so that step does not count. It was very close, but referees give players the benefit of the doubt on that type of play 100% of the time.

Green didnt get invovle offensively wise and if them shooters come out next game then the spurs will win easily.

But it would have been the right call. Imagine the ****storm once everybody noticed it tomorrow morning.
j. No substitutes may enter the game after a successful field goal by either team, unless the ball is dead due to a personal foul, technical foul, timeout, infection control or violation.

k. No substitutes are allowed to enter the game during an official’s suspension-of-play for (1) a delay-of-game warning, (2) retrieving an errant ball, (3) an inadvertent whistle or (4) any other unusual circumstance.

EXCEPTIONS:
(1) Suspension of play for a player bleeding. See Comments on the Rules—N.
(2) Seriously-injured player. Player must be removed and opponent is permitted one substitution.

I legit thought they had called a time out when they had none, I was :wow: and :lol: at the same time

Bosh gets a lot of credit for those key plays he made, but it's pretty awesome for his final play of the game he actually backed up his "Danny Green won't be open" talk :lol: I wouldn't have predicted that

View media item 459957

So any clarification on that "illegal" substitution with Timmy?

You can not sub someone in on a review. Timeouts only or deadball situations that do not involve the refs.

No matter what anyone says, you can NOT sub someone because the refs stopped the game to check a replay. That's like extra timeouts for coaches, and that ain't happenin.

The refs completely blew that call, even the Heat didn't realize it, if they had, Spo would have murdered everyone if the Spurs would have scored. That could have been a colossal screw up by the NBA.

It's crazy they're not even talking about it in post game talk. Maybe when everything calms down.

Speaking of the Spurs not being ready, did anyone see how Bosh fell on Duncan's knee? Duncan is probably gonna be hobbled for game 7.

It is gonna be interesting to see how Pop adjusts to having Bron and Bosh guard Parker 1 on 1. That was a great adjustment by Spoelstra and it helped with not letting green being open all game.

Pop is gonna have to run some plays specifically for Green just like the Heat to with Allen.

The 3 pointer differential was huge today. Miami has 3 deadly shooters in the regular rotation and 2 in the dog house This is without even mentioning Chalmers, Norris, and Bosh who can hit 3s as well. I can't remember a better outside shooting team than this one.:smh:

If you remember, Pop was FURIOUS they were going to call for a replay. I think, and I could be wrong, I THINK he just wanted the team to take the ball out and run down the court with Parker and no chance for the Heat defense to get set.

Cuz why would he be mad IF he had a timeout?

And I watched the replay, you can see the ABC graphics have NO timeouts for either side and Duncan was out of the game, then he inbounds the ball and runs down court with his hand up.

Another HUGE tactical error in my opinion on Pop, when Mike Miller hit that three without his shoe, he has no shoe on, HE HAS NO SHOE ON, he would have had ZERO chance to play D, they would have had to foul, or give up a bucket, and then call a timeout, instead Pop wasted one of his timeouts. HE called TO to yell at Neal when one of the Heat players was playing with one damn shoe on. Why? Why give the Heat that chance, fair play? Good sportsmanship? **** man, you fight tooth and nail for 9 months to give the other team a break like that? Screw that, you go RIGHT AT DUDE, no matter what.

Lol the heat roster isn't ready for a game 7. Lmao I'm. Not saying it's a guaranteed win but Duncan played so many minutes tonight and this was the game they were suppose to win it on a game like that from Duncan. He's gonna be gassed next game as he was in the second half tonight

That game was yanked under there feet. I see the spurs running off of pure redemption. Ginobli for the screw ups, Leonard for the missed free throw, green for being locked down the majority of the game, tony...well because Tony Parker is crazy every game and Timmy will be Timmy. The heat playing a finals game 7 at home, that type of pressure is insane. And the way the heat have been playing....it's not looking good

Another big takeaway.

That lineup that Bron feasted with early in the 4th quarter, was it not the exact same one where they went on that 33-5 run with in Game 2?

Take note Spo...........................

One of the greatest finals games in league history,

And my pops came over to watch it. First time I saw him in 4 years. Was anxious and nervous as hell at first, but everything went better than I could have imagined. I guess this is part of why we love sports so much. Took so much of the inevitable anxiety and awkwardness from the situation.

Shout out Game 6, for multiple reasons I'll remember this forever. Thanks NBA.
This brought a smile to my face b.

If you remember, Pop was FURIOUS they were going to call for a replay. I think, and I could be wrong, I THINK he just wanted the team to take the ball out and run down the court with Parker and no chance for the Heat defense to get set.

Cuz why would he be mad IF he had a timeout?

And I watched the replay, you can see the ABC graphics have NO timeouts for either side and Duncan was out of the game, then he inbounds the ball and runs down court with his hand up.

Another HUGE tactical error in my opinion on Pop, when Mike Miller hit that three without his shoe, he has no shoe on, HE HAS NO SHOE ON, he would have had ZERO chance to play D, they would have had to foul, or give up a bucket, and then call a timeout, instead Pop wasted one of his timeouts. HE called TO to yell at Neal when one of the Heat players was playing with one damn shoe on. Why? Why give the Heat that chance, fair play? Good sportsmanship? **** man, you fight tooth and nail for 9 months to give the other team a break like that? Screw that, you go RIGHT AT DUDE, no matter what.
I think i remeber JVG saying somethin about it but but not sure..

But I wonder if anyone will bring it up. Doesnt matter though because nothing they can do about it n

Big game 7 here of course but I can't see spurs losing again after this loss. Both teams will be fatigued though due to lack of sleep.

I feel like this needs to be said. Prior to Wade coming back in late in the 4th quarter the Heat's offense was rolling and LeBron was putting on his Video Game James show on. Once Wade came in son wasn't passing the ball and started jacking up terrible shots, eventually letting the Spurs take the lead and almost letting them take the trophy. If it wasn't for Spo subbing Wade back in I think the Heat would've taken Game 6 with no OT.

I'm shocked that spurs sent no help when lebron had it in the post. Also, they shouldve been ready for a lot of those lebron driving layups, he got to the goal with no hassle too many times in the fourth.

Green had time to pump fake :smh:

Another big takeaway.

That lineup that Bron feasted with early in the 4th quarter, was it not the exact same one where they went on that 33-5 run with in Game 2?

Should use that line up. Particulalry when TD on the bench.

Another big takeaway.

I think it is Chalmers, Allen, Miller, Bron, and Bosh right?

Popovich should test out Bosh and see if he can win game 7 himself. Can't leave the other shooters open. Two point baskets by Bosh will not hurt as much.

I feel they went away from Duncan in the 2nd half as well. He was out of gas but so was Parker. Better chance at shooting from close. Those parker bricks led to a lot of fast and semi fast breaks by the Spurs.

It will be interesting how the 2 squads come to play on Thursday. Will the Spurs be deflated or come out strong? Will the Heat be overconfident?

Heat should know that they can not let their guard down against the Spurs.

I feel like this needs to be said. Prior to Wade coming back in late in the 4th quarter the Heat's offense was rolling and LeBron was putting on his Video Game James show on. Once Wade came in son wasn't passing the ball and started jacking up terrible shots, eventually letting the Spurs take the lead and almost letting them take the trophy. If it wasn't for Spo subbing Wade back in I think the Heat would've taken Game 6 with no OT.

3 in the paint shots in 33 minutes with Wade was in the game

7 in the paint shots in 16 minutes with Wade out of the game

Clearly he kills their spacing and it impacts LeBron's drives

Back
Top Bottom