• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a lot of this post reads like a trump tweet.

"ACL and achilles are just career killers." man stop it blud. ACLs are no longer career ending. kyle lowry, baron davis, DSJ all tore their ACLs prior to joining the league and look at the bounce that baron and DSJ had/have. dominique tore his achilles and averaged like 28+ in his return season. and comparing Kobe's achilles tear to KD's is a terrible comparison. kobe was in his 17th or 18th year in the league? KD aint young but relative to kobe, he's "only" in his 12th season. that's still a big difference in terms of wear and tear playing at a high level.

This is by no means a Trump tweet. I am super mad at the Warriors medical staff and the organization that is all. I am not a fan of the Warriors, everybody here knows that and the KD situation just further underlines that. He will be out for most of next season, if not all and we will not get to watch him play and thus the competition level will be not as enjoyable, at least in my opinion, since competition is what I enjoy most when watching the NBA. When I saw him play last night I just could not believe it. Someone in this thread posted that he was at the game and saw KD "run" or at least trying to, so he even had a better of view of all things.

I still think ACL and achilles are career killers. The regular ACL recovery time is 24 months nowadays, every athlete that returns before hand is increasing the probability of reinjuring by a lot. Achilles is 12 months minimum. I know that Kobe was already older and played more seasons, Kobe just like KD carried their times and pushed and pushed their limitis and ultimately suffered a gruesome injury. KD already had this Jones fracture desaster in his foot, remember? I am no doctor, but my wife repairs ACLs and Achilles of atheletes across all sports and so I would consider myself well informed when it comes to recovery times and potential setbacks.

Bodies are like cars for example: once an original part is replaced or repaired they do not run as well as they did before.

Does anybody have a stat of ACL and Achilles injury occurence in the NBA in the 90s, 00s and 10s? Would love to see that. I have a feeling that the 10s will have the most, due to shifting the limits as much as possible.

Get well soon KD!

If Kd didn’t play, Toronto would be hoisting the Trophy right now.

It certainly needs to be mentioned that even in the short amount of time he played, he scored more points than:

Looney
Livingston
Jerebko
Cook
Bogut
Bell
McKinnie

scored in any game this series. And they needed every one of them. The Warriors bench/role players have been straight trash this series. Someone will need to step up. If Boogie has another relapse after his stellar game 2 performance again, them = done. Dude had like 3 turnovers in a span of one minute in game 3. He needs to screw his head on correctly for game 6.

All I’m saying is the Warriors better win this series, when Kevin just reinjured himself to a greater length to give y’all some type of hope.

Shiiiiid they better give KD the MVP if they win too.

tenor.gif

I was rooting for the Raptors to win but not like this.
:smh:
Best case scenario he'll stay working his way back by mid-January, which isn't as bad as I thought. Get well soon KD!

Last edited:
I’m upset for KD. I still don’t understand the mindset of players and organizations wanting to rush back from serious injuries. The blame falls on both parties. Just yesterday my coworker and I were discussing Grant and Penny and how we never got to see them possibly reach their full potential. Nobody learned apparently

So do people think the achilles was partially torn this whole time and he fully tore it last night? Or was it a calf injury and with the other muscles having to compensate and such he tore his achilles due to imbalance?

Is there a narrative here for what actually happened?

I’m upset for KD. I still don’t understand the mindset of players and organizations wanting to rush back from serious injuries. The blame falls on both parties. Just yesterday my coworker and I were discussing Grant and Penny and how we never got to see them possibly reach their full potential. Nobody learned apparently

Don't forget about IT3, he's barley in the league after not getting his hip surgery ASAP. The list goes on...

So do people think the achilles was partially torn this whole time and he fully tore it last night? Or was it a calf injury and with the other muscles having to compensate and such he tore his achilles due to imbalance?

I think the Achilles was partially torn those ice packs were dumb low for a calf injury

KD will be back next year playoffs

He will be back. This is nothing like Kobe or Cousins. But he must take the full recovery time.

His skill, weight and play style will help him post injury. Rudy Gay took 12 months off also and said he just started feeling like his old self again after a year.

Dominique dominated the year after his

**** ruined my night and day today though

Could be either. We’ll probably never know for sure now. Should not have played either way.

KD will be back next year playoffs

He will be back. This is nothing like Kobe or Cousins. But he must take the full recovery time.

His skill, weight and play style will help him post injury. Rudy Gay took 12 months off also and said he just started feeling like his old self again after a year.

Dominique dominated the year after his

This is worse than all those guys

Achilles and possibly ACL? Either of those are over a year recovery time for a high level athlete

Who said Both?

Looks like a ruptured Achilles that’s it.

If so, those others guys are worse off than KD will be. Will wait for diagnosis but no way he can’t come back off it with medicine today and advances.

Any major Injury there will be issues. But he’s got the game to comeback

Back
Top Bottom