• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yall see how long KD legs are? His Achilles is wayyyyy low on his leg...his calf is about 2 full feet higher than that lmfao...it shouldn’t be that hard to distinguish between the two

The fact didn’t let Klay play but did let KD play tells me everything I need to know about this situation.

They were either negligent or incompetent, there is no “stuff happens, he wanted to play” I don’t see how someone could buy that when they didn’t let Klay last week
Another great point. Owner did say he wanted to keep klay with GS “forever”. Never mentioned KD

I don’t know much about free agency or how NBA contracts works... but I read that Durant can just exercise his player option rights and opt in? And he would still get paid $32 million next season while in rehab? Damn. If so, KD needs to do it!

This ain't on nobody man it's unfortunately a part of the game, Ya'll are talking about the Org "saving him from himself" it doesn't work like that. They pay these doctors & officials the money they do for a reason, so if they cleared KD to play i genuinely believe that Warriors Management/KD's Management thought he was good to go. On top of that what ya'll fail to realize in these cases is that outside of the money & narratives... these are grown men who LOVE what they do, it's their entire lives & they have a limited time to perform there.

You can't have KD medically cleared and just look him in the face & be like nah your not playing, it's not that simple man.

This LITERALLY happened with Kawhi Leonard. We've seen it in other instances. These team doctors work for the organization first ultimately. There's no doubt KD was feeling the pressure. Cause the events of what happened to him magically being cleared after walking out of a 10 minute practice 48 hours early is too fishy.

I'm pretty sure it was killing him not to be out there for his team while they were getting washed but it doesn't supersede what's in the best interest of his heath. If anything the organization played on his competitiveness. Clearing him put the ball back in his court. There was literally a tweet before the game that he could move laterally but may be limited in back and forth moment and when did his Achilles snap? When he tried to plant and go forward.

And the entire way it was handled from jump was reckless, you got Lacob saying he expects him to play after the Portland series but mans was limping everywhere and not practicing. Then at the very least you got confusion and angst among the other players cause they believe he's coming back cause of what the coach and front office has put out there. Then you got the players sneak dissing as well. They're all culpable.

I'm not putting the onus on the competitor that KD is, that's unquestionable but in this instance I 100% believe the Warriors were selfish. He was going to leave the Dubs if they lost and he didn't play or if they won w/o him and didn't play everything that's been reported said the organization knew that. This is literally the only scenario that would almost force him to stay.

Last edited:
This LITERALLY happened with Kawhi Leonard. We've seen it in other instances. These team doctors work for the organization first ultimately. There's no doubt KD was feeling the pressure. Cause the events of what happened to him magically being cleared after walking out of a 10 minute practice 48 hours early is too fishy.

I'm pretty sure it was killing him not to be out there for his team while they were getting washed but it doesn't supersede what's in the best interest of his heath. If anything the organization played on his competitiveness. Clearing him put the ball back in his court. There was literally a tweet before the game that he could move laterally but may be limited in back and forth moment and when did his Achilles snap? When he tried to plant and go forward.

And the entire way it was handled from jump was reckless, you got Lacob saying he expects him to play after the Portland series but mans ward limping everywhere and not practicing. Then at the very least you got confusion and angst among the other players cause they believe he's coming back cause of what the coach and front office has put out there. Then you got the players sneak dissing as well. They're all culpable.

I'm not putting the onus on the competitor that KD is, that's unquestionable but in this instance I 100% believe the Warriors were selfish.
This x1000

I never thought KD was a good fit for this team and we saw that earlier in the season
I blame KD because he should have played smarter knowing he wasn't 100% healed
He got caught up in the HERO crap and it might cost him a half season and possibly a full season of basketball

But again dude is financially good and will now have lots of time to find the perfect place in LA for his new house

Just read the news about it being KD's achilles. Heart broken for that man thats a rough one to deal with

I never thought KD was a good fit for this team and we saw that earlier in the season
I blame KD because he should have played smarter knowing he wasn't 100% healed
He got caught up in the HERO crap and it might cost him a half season and possibly a full season of basketball

But again dude is financially good and will now have lots of time to find the perfect place in LA for his new house

Not a good fit? Wut

I'm not putting the onus on the competitor that KD is, that's unquestionable but in this instance I 100% believe the Warriors were selfish.

Respect the "we believe" Oakland Dubs fans ...hate this SF soulless organization..

I'm not buying this if he was signed to the warriors long term they wouldn't have let him play. The Warriors are capped out & even if they lost KD for nothing would still be in the same situation. After just seeing what this team was looking like vs the Raptors.... you think Management was willing to risk the future of arguably the best player in the league when they clearly needed him back next season? especially knowing that he could also choose to opt in to his current contract? it makes no sense.

Some of y’all sound crazy blaming KD...

Of course he wanted to get out there and help his guys, but it’s the organization’s responsibility to save him from himself no matter what he thinks.

He should’ve never been cleared to play. If he’s not cleared, he doesn’t play. Simple as that. This is on the Warriors.

In the end, Kevin Durant is not a remotely controlled robot and controls his own body. He could've pulled a 2017-18 Kawhi and said **** this I ain't playing, whether you clear me or not.
But if he does that and the Warriors lose, then he would be getting the heat that the Warriors organization is getting now instead. The only way he could've ended up looking right is if he tore his achilles during the off-season practices or start of the next season instead. Then he could say "See, I wasn't fit to play in the finals." Otherwise, if he ended up being healthy all next season it would've been like "This fool cost his team a championship by not willing to play." Haters and fans will spin this however they want, depending on who they hate or like. Having the luxury of a 20/20 hindsight as they do so, of course.

I'll tell you who bears the MOST responsibility for this: The culture of celebrating players playing through injuries and making them look like heroes and boosting their legacy for doing so.

42cd16227a1773b4afa5519ec2da3bc3.jpg
michael-jordans-flu-game-vulnerability-of-superstars-1.jpg
AIFinals.jpg

If no player was ever criticized for sitting out a game and no player was celebrated for not sitting out a game, then it wouldn't have come to this. The same reason the culture of celebrating titles ends up getting you **** like a team that has a starting 5 entirely consisting of all-stars, because winning a title is all that counts.

I'm not buying this if he was signed to the warriors long term they wouldn't have let him play. The Warriors are capped out & even if they lost KD for nothing would still be in the same situation. After just seeing what this team was looking like vs the Raptors.... you think Management was willing to risk the future of arguably the best player in the league when they clearly needed him back next season? especially knowing that he could also choose to opt in to his current contract? it makes no sense.

All we've heard since that Draymond incident early in the season is that the Warriors organization believed he was leaving after this season. They thought he 'had one foot out the door". All we have to do is look at how they handled Klay who's definitely resigning with a less severe injury not 3 days ago vs how KD (the biggest free agent ever maybe given the power and leverage he was going to have going into this summer) with clearly a more severe injury.

I don’t know much about free agency or how NBA contracts works... but I read that Durant can just exercise his player option rights and opt in? And he would still get paid $32 million next season while in rehab? Damn. If so, KD needs to do it!

How does it work?????

Back
Top Bottom