• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did think the timeout was poorly timed, but I also think we're all putting too much weight on it.

Nick Nurse is a rookie coach. He's bound to overthink in these situations. It's a miracle he's seemed to get out of the way for most of this series.

Lesson learned. I think he's displayed that he's a decent coach getting all these pieces to gel so quickly.

Sports fans are such prisoners of the moment, man. The tone in this thread has drastically changed like 7 times since game 1.:lol:

Kawhi didn't even know what to say when he was asked about the timeout situation

He didn't wanna throw his coach under the bus, he knew he ****ed up though, you could see Kawhi's reaction in real time he was about to put the dagger in them. Even worse NN inexplicably gave GS time to rest when they were reeling. All time gaff.

Man, being robbed of a year of KD in his prime and probably of seeing the same player that we saw before is disheartening.

Of course there will be varying opinions on whether he should've played or not, but most people in this thread thought that we was done for the series already. Then by all accounts his Friday practice went terribly and then it became clear on Sunday that he was going to try and play. I just don't get how it changed so fast. Jalen Rose on Friday said that he would be shocked if we saw KD again. Things just aren't adding up, but of course KD is a competitor and wanted to be out there. But for Kerr to say that the Doctors said that he couldn't have made this injury worse makes zero sense. Calf and the achilles are connected, so there is obviously risk there. Just doesn't make sense to hear a statement like that.

When I think of rehab I think of the amount of time it'll take for him to be somewhat back to normal.

If he has successful surgery, he should be back on the court in some capacity by February or March but even then, he'll be working his way back into things. For him to be anywhere near the Kevin Durant we know it'll be about a year from now.

He will be 100% by April.

Man, being robbed of a year of KD in his prime and probably of seeing the same player that we saw before is disheartening.

Of course there will be varying opinions on whether he should've played or not, but most people in this thread thought that we was done for the series already. Then by all accounts his Friday practice went terribly and then it became clear on Sunday that he was going to try and play. I just don't get how it changed so fast. Jalen Rose on Friday said that he would be shocked if we saw KD again. Things just aren't adding up, but of course KD is a competitor and wanted to be out there. But for Kerr to say that the Doctors said that he couldn't have made this injury worse makes zero sense. Calf and the achilles are connected, so there is obviously risk there. Just doesn't make sense to hear a statement like that.

He may be even better. He may make adjustments that increase his efficiency. His ability to shoot at that height is unparalleled.

have they come out and said it was a full tear?

could be partial

it LOOKED like a full tear. you can see the support in his leg snap like a cable. his leg was dead before he took the next step tbh. its really crazy yall dont think kd can come back from this yall talking about him like he got sniped last night. he about to take hella time off, get paid a ridiculous amount to watch the games from his couch, and live his life. he'll be back for sure

Just heard Nick Nurse’s explanation in the post-game presser for why he took that TO late in the 4th - “We would have lost the time outs at the 2 minute mark, so I figured we should use them and get a little extra rest for one last push.” WTF?

Classic example of a coach overthinking and outsmarting himself. When your team has the momentum and your best player is cooking, THEY DO NOT NEED THE GAME STOPPED FOR REST.
The Warriors affect. They do that to teams, unfortunately.

When I think of rehab I think of the amount of time it'll take for him to be somewhat back to normal.

If he has successful surgery, he should be back on the court in some capacity by February or March but even then, he'll be working his way back into things. For him to be anywhere near the Kevin Durant we know it'll be about a year from now.

This is why it makes the most sense for KD to opt in, get a 1 year bag, come back late in the season for a few games, remind everyone who he is and that he still has it, and dip. Makes no sense to test free agency now. I don’t know if the Knicks or anyone is desperate enough to throw the full max at him right now, but hey, it’s the Knicks so I could see it

yep, all of the players listed with the achilles tear was 100% in a year. :rofl:

Riiiiiiight.

Ya'll are trippin. Nobody came back 100%. 100% to me is being their normal self.

Take the fandom out of it.

KD, sit this one out. No need to show your character. Rehab on the teams dime and come back and sign a big deal. Get that money. Target Oct 2020. F everything else. You ain't got **** to prove, even though I know you feel like you do because thats how you are.

This is why it makes the most sense for KD to opt in, get a 1 year bag, come back late in the season for a few games, remind everyone who he is and that he still has it, and dip. Makes no sense to test free agency now. I don’t know if the Knicks or anyone is desperate enough to throw the full max at him right now, but hey, it’s the Knicks so I could see it

I assure you the Knicks may still offer him that contract

He's made great adjustments throughout the playoffs that have kept them alive. This is dumb.

Nobody is going to care about that if they lose this series, plus the ripple affect of Kawhi then leaving. Maasai will tear everything down.

yep, all of the players listed with the achilles tear was 100% in a year. :rofl:

Riiiiiiight.

Ya'll are trippin. Nobody came back 100%. 100% to me is being their normal self.

Take the fandom out of it.

KD, sit this one out. No need to show your character. Rehab on the teams dime and come back and sign a big deal. Get that money. Target Oct 2020. F everything else. You ain't got **** to prove, even though I know you feel like you do because thats how you are.

The thing is, he’s thinking the complete opposite of what youre saying lol. He is an extremely high level competitor. He will work his *** off to get back as soon as he can. That doesn’t mean he rushes it... it means he does it the right way.

Back
Top Bottom