• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But if the MRI just showed a calf strain...and he came back and the calf couldn't really get worse it was just playing through pain...and the achilles was a freak injury that was really against the odds...are we blaming GS medical staff?

I understand other areas of the body need to compensate more when there is an injury so maybe there was undo stress on the achilles but if he just sprained his ankle and had to miss the rest of the series are we even having the same conversation?

Everyone just jumping out and saying its negligence but i find that hard to believe they let him out there with a partially torn achilles and just said whelp hopefully he doesn't completely blow it
Dude wasn’t even walking correctly and couldn’t fully practice. There is no “what if” to any of that

He's a grown *** man who knows the extent of how he was feeling. He took the risk. Nobody is to blame.
Lol what? The doctors job at that point is to tell him if he’s good or not. That’s there ONE job at that moment. You drive your car off the lot after getting it fixed and blame yourself if they didn’t do **** and it break down the exact same way? “Well you had a choice, you know your car, you ah man” is a respectable comment? Stop

Last edited:
Dude wasn’t even walking correctly and couldn’t fully practice. There is no “what if” to any of that

I can see the staff saying "the calf strain isn't going to get worse" and KD saying...ok give me a cortisone shot and let me go i will give you what i can. They say ok he goes out there and has a freak injury that no one saw coming.

But that is all assuming that the achilles was fine and it really was just a bad calf strain the whole time

Why would he refuse to play if his doctors tell him he’s good?
He's a grown *** man who knows the extent of how he was feeling. He took the risk. Nobody is to blame.
Truth is none of us know how those conversations went, so I don't think we can know either way. KD could have felt pressured, or he could have felt confident with the diagnosis from the team doctors. We don't know what the doctors told him.

It's above all our heads. None of us can say absolutely. Just a ****ty situation all around.

The thing that makes me skeptical about the whole thing was the calf diagnosis and all the secrecy around an injury that people pretty much identified as some sort of Achilles issue.

Lol what? The doctors job at that point is to tell him if he’s good or not. That’s there ONE job at that moment. You drive your car off the lot after getting if fixed and blame yourself if they didn’t do **** and it break down the exact same way? “Well you had a choice, you know your car, you ah man” is a respectable comment? Stop
Comparing driving a car to a man in his body knowing how he's feeling on a leg that he iced before the game. Great analogy.

This ain't on nobody man it's unfortunately a part of the game, Ya'll are talking about the Org "saving him from himself" it doesn't work like that. They pay these doctors & officials the money they do for a reason, so if they cleared KD to play i genuinely believe that Warriors Management/KD's Management thought he was good to go. On top of that what ya'll fail to realize in these cases is that outside of the money & narratives... these are grown men who LOVE what they do, it's their entire lives & they have a limited time to perform there.

You can't have KD medically cleared and just look him in the face & be like nah your not playing, it's not that simple man.

Comparing driving a car to a man in his body knowing how he's feeling on a leg that he iced before the game. Great analogy.
Great critical thinking....... here’s the reality, the medical staffs # 1 job is to protect the players. They didn’t. That easy enough to grasp or will pictures and coloring be needed?

Kd should not have played. His agent should not have let him if he felt even the slightest rushed.

It was just way too shady. One day he’s not ready with no timetable. Next day he’s ready without minutes restriction. Jalen rose said he saw him practice 3 days ago and said he’d be SHOCKED if KD played

Truth is none of us know how those conversations went, so I don't think we can know either way. KD could have felt pressured, or he could have felt confident with the diagnosis from the team doctors. We don't know what the doctors told him.

It's above all our heads. None of us can say absolutely. Just a ****ty situation all around.

The thing that makes me skeptical about the whole thing was the calf diagnosis and all the secrecy around an injury that people pretty much identified as some sort of Achilles issue.

Of course he felt pressured. His team was down 3-1 and he knows he's the star. If they would've lost he would've blamed himself for not playing. Yeah that's pressure. At the end of the day, he made the decision to go. Does the medical staff deserve to he accountability? Yes. But *****" here acting like the Dubs just threw him on the court with no choice in the matter and acting like he didn't know how hurt he was. He's not dumb.

I can see the staff saying "the calf strain isn't going to get worse" and KD saying...ok give me a cortisone shot and let me go i will give you what i can. They say ok he goes out there and has a freak injury that no one saw coming.

But that is all assuming that the achilles was fine and it really was just a bad calf strain the whole time
Nobody saw coming? Freak injury?....... ok..... I see where this is going and I’m good on al that

Nobody saw coming? Freak injury?....... ok..... I see where this is going and I’m good on al that
I am not picking a side im asking a legit question as to the medical facts behind all this

Anyone who has ever played competitive sports has had the "i think i can play" moment. I just wonder what the real story behind all of this is. Whether the staff knew that with a calf strain that bad that there is a higher chance he injures his achilles or if his achilles was injured this whole time. I just want to know how much of the blame the medical staff deserves here is all. Like did they tell KD you are good knowing he was at a high risk? Did KD know the risk and still went out there?

Of course he felt pressured. His team was down 3-1 and he knows he's the star. If they would've lost he would've blamed himself for not playing. Yeah that's pressure. At the end of the day, he made the decision to go. Does the medical staff deserve to he accountability? Yes. But *****" here acting like the Dubs just threw him on the court with no choice in the matter and acting like he didn't know how hurt he was. He's not dumb.
I don't disagree, but you can't fault a player for playing through discomfort if he has the assurance of the teams medical staff that he'd be fine.

You're right about KD having the final say. I'm not in the business of finding someone to blame, though. Just a tough situation all around.

Nobody knew for certain KD would 100% get reinjured...but they knew it was a possibility. He looked perfectly FINE for first 11mins. Maybe they shoulda sat him down after first 8-10 mins...but..hindsight is 20/20. KD coming back last night helped sparked Dubs...emotionally more than anything...it gave Warriors inspiration and new life...and im pretty sure..this series is goin 7 now

This ain't on nobody man it's unfortunately a part of the game, Ya'll are talking about the Org "saving him from himself" it doesn't work like that. They pay these doctors & officials the money they do for a reason, so if they cleared KD to play i genuinely believe that Warriors Management/KD's Management thought he was good to go. On top of that what ya'll fail to realize in these cases is that outside of the money & narratives... these are grown men who LOVE what they do, it's their entire lives & they have a limited time to perform there.

You can't have KD medically cleared and just look him in the face & be like nah your not playing, it's not that simple man.

This. KD was the same dude hooping on the streets during the lockout. He doesn’t care about anything but basketball. It couldn’t have been me but I see why he wanted to be out there.

Back
Top Bottom