"NBA is the worst league" ......one persons view

NBA is better like that, the league was much better when there was less parity in the 80's and 90's, dude is a %%++*%! mornon.

NBA should be like European soccer where only a few teams really have a legit chance of winning it all.

The NBA is a joke really

You're best shot to win anything would be to get lucky in the draft

Teams have been reduced to trading contracts not players

First, this guy is from Detroit. of course he's going to be mad.
but the NBA is too predictable. by the AS break, you can pick out the 4 teams that will be in the CF..
Where in the MLB and NFL it's usually surprising

Just like in 2004 when the Lakers, who had won three straight championships, were able to get Karl Malone and Gary Payton, giving them four potential Hall of Famers. Thank goodness the Pistons stopped that by upsetting L.A. in the championship.
and this is why the rest of the article is rubbish.

everytime i see superstars get traded to join other stars, i dont get too excited cuz them Lakers had all those people and they still lost.

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

i dont get too excited cuz them Lakers had all those people and they still lost.

The 2004 Pistons caught those Lakers at the right time and won that title

everytime i see superstars get traded to join other stars, i dont get too excited cuz them Lakers had all those people and they still lost.
Lakers of 03-04 were a joke-Malone was 40 and Payton 35, a little past their prime. They weren't winning shiite.

Parity is good for sports, that's why baseball is so much more enjoyable because of teams like the Rays last year the Rockies the year before that.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

both times he tried to bring up an example of the NBA being contrived, he contradicted himself.

he brought up the threepeat Lakers adding HOFers to their roster. guess what, that team didn't win a championship even though everyone expected them to. they were beaten by a squad with no HOFers but with great team chemistry.

then he brought up how everyone expected Lebron vs Kobe this year... guess what, that didn't happen. Lebron's hopes were snuffed out by a hot Magic team that nobody expected to make the Finals.

Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing should be upset. If they only knew the game was going to go this route, they should have never put up epic battles to beat the best player this planet has seen in an attempt to win a title.

They should have simply called up their friend, Michael Jordan, and asked to play for the Bulls.Crazy. You bet.So is this current thing called the NBA, a mere shell of what once was a competitive league.It stinks. You can have it and its player-contrived championships.

what? Barkley only faced the Bulls once.
and the MJ-led Bulls typically closed out the Knicks in 5 or 6 games.

how are you going to bring up the 90s NBA, when there was even less parity then than there is now?

Barkley played for the Sixers from 85-92. He's faced the Bulls in the playoffs before numerous times.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

nba is the worst...agreed...but for other reasons
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
NO

what are the other reasons?cause 95% of the NBA players are not on roids?

Originally Posted by zwchris

Lakers of 03-04 were a joke-Malone was 40 and Payton 35, a little past their prime.
yeah i know, but in principal.

unless they get the 2008 olympic team together on one franchise
nerd.gif

but forreal, that would be some terrible/entertaining #!%@ tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DublBagn

[h1]NBA: The Worst[/h1]
Rob Parker

POSTED: Monday, July 6, 2009

UPDATED: 3:26 pm EDT July 6, 2009

• Just like in 2004 when the Lakers, who had won three straight championships, were able to get Karl Malone and Gary Payton, giving them four potential Hall of Famers. Thank goodness the Pistons stopped that by upsetting L.A. in the championship.
    Copyright 2009 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ this salty author Pistons fan

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

both times he tried to bring up an example of the NBA being contrived, he contradicted himself.

he brought up the threepeat Lakers adding HOFers to their roster. guess what, that team didn't win a championship even though everyone expected them to. they were beaten by a squad with no HOFers but with great team chemistry.

then he brought up how everyone expected Lebron vs Kobe this year... guess what, that didn't happen. Lebron's hopes were snuffed out by a hot Magic team that nobody expected to make the Finals.

Charles Barkley and Patrick Ewing should be upset. If they only knew the game was going to go this route, they should have never put up epic battles to beat the best player this planet has seen in an attempt to win a title.

They should have simply called up their friend, Michael Jordan, and asked to play for the Bulls.Crazy. You bet.So is this current thing called the NBA, a mere shell of what once was a competitive league.It stinks. You can have it and its player-contrived championships.

what? Barkley only faced the Bulls once.
and the MJ-led Bulls typically closed out the Knicks in 5 or 6 games.

how are you going to bring up the 90s NBA, when there was even less parity then than there is now?

Barkley played for the Sixers from 85-92. He's faced the Bulls in the playoffs before numerous times.

i meant to say the championship Bulls teams.

this past season was one of the best ive seen, and next year will only be better with all the shakeups throughout the league

dominance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>parity

BTW is Rob Parker the same dude that routinely gets roasted by SKIP BAYLESS every time hes on 1st and 10..if so this thread shouldnt have even been made dudeis a joke.

its not the nba's fault that certain teams spend more on players than others. its the same way in soccer. big teams stay big teams cuz they always win& have strong fan bases.

Back
Top Bottom