NBA: Issues statement warning cap will drop between 50.4-53.6 million in '10-11

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

laugh.gif
at posting a knicks picture. this is just as bad for the cavs and all the other teams gambling on the 2010 sweepstakes.
Word. that means if they offer Bron a max deal they're going to have even LESS to offer to another player (ala Bosh, Amare, etc.)

This doesn't help the Cavs at all. The Knicks still only have 18 mil on the books for next year and if they move Eddy, that's 11 more off the books, soOC don't throw a parade in CLE yet.

The Cavs have a core around LeBron already.

The Knicks are planning on producing a quick fix.

Mamba, the Cavs aren't CLOSE to where the Knicks are in terms of gambling for 2010.

And in regards to me "expecting" him to stay, that is in reference LeBron wanting to win and having the best shot here. Not the terms of "hebetter or else"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Mamba, the Cavs aren't CLOSE to where the Knicks are in terms of gambling for 2010.

And in regards to me "expecting" him to stay, that is in reference LeBron wanting to win and having the best shot here. Not the terms of "he better or else"
laugh.gif
What "core"?

Mo Williams
laugh.gif
? Delonte is cool. Keyshia Cole
laugh.gif
? JJ Hickson? Really?

Since Shaq and Z have 2 years left max..

you're lookin at; Mo Williams, Delonte West, Andy Varajeo and Boobie Gibson..

Some core.

Cavs have been forced to win now due to the chance of Bron not being around past this season. They have a lot of questions marks going foward and will only beraised more if they don't win a title this season.

And in regards to me "expecting" him to stay, that is in reference LeBron wanting to win and having the best shot here. Not the terms of "he better or else"
laugh.gif
yeah, an pretty damn bad core. if anything, cavs are the ones trying to do produce an quick fix.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cmon oc, you better then that.
knicks are developing young prospects gallo and chandler, and hope to lure ricky here, as well as trying to resign nate/lee, or trade them if they'reasking too much.
and
roll.gif
roll.gif
at that dust chip. %!%@* OD
smh.gif
smh.gif

what core do you speak of?

honestly if lebron and the cavs organization didn't moan and cry then you don't even have an all star in this fantasy "core" you speak of.Look at the lakers, magic last year and the celts. THOSE are cores.

The Knicks paid $45 million one year in luxury tax alone for a team that went 33-49 with no superstars, you think your cap is gonna stop them?

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

The Knicks paid $45 million one year in luxury tax alone for a team that went 33-49 with no superstars, you think your cap is gonna stop them?
laugh.gif

and
roll.gif
@ the Cavs core. Even though I don't think Lebron will leave, Iwant him to leave. I'm ready to see some of these top teams suffer for a while.

Am I the only one who feels like this happened because of the whole Lebron and NY situation
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roll.gif

you make it WAY to easy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You didn't know Mo Williams, Delonte, and JJ Hickson is a damn good core..?

laugh.gif

Actually this helps the Knicks more then any other team. If your not able to get a max contract because NBA lowers the cap where would you go to make up thedifference? A big city like New York. Endorsements will more then make up the difference. this hurts small city teams more then anything.

I'm not sure if this will affect the number of big moves that teams make. Guys like LeBron, Wade and probably Bosh will get the max regardless of the capnumber. The next level of guys will probably see a small drop in what they could've potentially made if the economy wasn't so bad.

So while teams will have less money to spend, contracts will be less as well (except for the top tier players).

It probably does mean that teams will be unable to give out 2-near max. level deals though.

Edit: I also think that a decreasing cap means less players will opt out of their deals next summer. Players are more likely to get bigger contracts in thesummer of 2011 when the cap will probably go up again (depending on the economy).

Originally Posted by xblker47

Am I the only one who feels like this happened because of the whole Lebron and NY situation
eyes.gif

I'm with you as well. Something isn't right about the cap going down one million now yet they are projecting 8-10 mil next season. The economy has beenbad for a year and a half already. It's extremely fishy. But why would stern want the knicks to fail?

I dunno... he also screwed us with a legal matter concerning money with mobley last year. Maybe stern would rather have a small market team make money when heknows the knicks will sell tickets regardless.

yeah, I REALLY feel that this was done to calm down this LeBron to NY thing, and to lessen the chances of NY scoring 2 top players.

SMH

Originally Posted by throwback1718

yeah, I REALLY feel that this was done to calm down this LeBron to NY thing, and to lessen the chances of NY scoring 2 top players.

SMH

C'mon b. Not everything done by the league is a conspiracy. After all, it coincides with the economy.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

SMH

C'mon b. Not everything done by the league is a conspiracy. After all, it coincides with the economy.
did you not read the post right above him?

explain to me how the economy has been bad for one to two years ALREADY and the cap went down about a million this year, yet stern is projecting 8-10 millionnext year? Which just happens to be the year of all the big market signings? He doesn't want two superstars on one team. That's really what I see withthis.

If the economy gets better I still see the cap being lowered much more than it should be. There are never coincidences in the NBA.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

SMH

did you not read the post right above him?

explain to me how the economy has been bad for one to two years ALREADY and the cap went down about a million this year, yet stern is projecting 8-10 million next year? Which just happens to be the year of all the big market signings? He doesn't want two superstars on one team. That's really what I see with this.

If the economy gets better I still see the cap being lowered much more than it should be. There are never coincidences in the NBA.

Actually, I didn't. Oh well though. How long the economy has been bad is irrelevant to me. Pro sports had to readjust at some point.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom