NBA: Issues statement warning cap will drop between 50.4-53.6 million in '10-11

My dude Valentino
laugh.gif

Of course this dude makes these threads, I don't expect anything less from you.

laugh.gif
@ the Cavs' core.

With the signing of Parker and re-signing of Varejao, the Cavs might not have enough room for another max contract caliber player
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by xblker47

Am I the only one who feels like this happened because of the whole Lebron and NY situation
eyes.gif

I'm with you as well. Something isn't right about the cap going down one million now yet they are projecting 8-10 mil next season. The economy has been bad for a year and a half already. It's extremely fishy. But why would stern want the knicks to fail?

I dunno... he also screwed us with a legal matter concerning money with mobley last year. Maybe stern would rather have a small market team make money when he knows the knicks will sell tickets regardless.
How would the cap going down more affect the Knicks? If anything it helps teams like the Knicks who are willing to pay the luxury tax.

I'm all for conspiracies in sports, but this has nothing to do with Stern trying to screw over the Knicks. It's not good for the NBA to have a majormarket team do poorly, so why would he try to hurt the Knicks chances of becoming better, that doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by xblker47

Am I the only one who feels like this happened because of the whole Lebron and NY situation
eyes.gif

I'm with you as well. Something isn't right about the cap going down one million now yet they are projecting 8-10 mil next season. The economy has been bad for a year and a half already. It's extremely fishy. But why would stern want the knicks to fail?

I dunno... he also screwed us with a legal matter concerning money with mobley last year. Maybe stern would rather have a small market team make money when he knows the knicks will sell tickets regardless.
How would the cap going down more affect the Knicks? If anything it helps teams like the Knicks who are willing to pay the luxury tax.

because then the knicks can't sign two max contracts.

Knicks only have like $20M committed to 2010 and beyond as of now.

Depending on what they do with Lee, Robinson, Curry and Jeffries, they have a decent shot at acquiring two max contracts.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Knicks only have like $20M committed to 2010 and beyond as of now.

Depending on what they do with Lee, Robinson, Curry and Jeffries, they have a decent shot at acquiring two max contracts.

Exactly.

And regardless, I'm sure the Knicks would "settle" for just getting LeBron. Meanwhile, other teams who are unwilling to pay the luxury tax areless active, similar to this season's trade deadline, making the Knicks even more competitive.

Back
Top Bottom