NBA Jam creator rigged the game so the Bulls couldn't make last second shots

I always played as the creator Mark Trumell, anyways..... still remember the code MJT MAR 22.

i never played as the bulls, but i wonder what would happen if you played as mark on the bulls? hmm

The thing that makes it even funnier is that I'm pretty sure there was also a script that made it so that games more often than not came down to the wire. Blowouts were rare in NBA Jam. If you're down all of a sudden you can't miss. So Bulls fans probably were getting the gas face every other game lol.

It all makes sense now. I ALWAYS ran with PIP and BJ

Never had the option to play with MJ
Loved playing with BJ Armstrong.
nthat.gif
I was living in Chicago at the time, so I was salty that I could never play as MJ. C'est la vie, doe. Shrug.

For those that don’t know, NBA Jam is a basketball arcade game that was developed by Midway in 1993. 
This statement in the description stood out to me. If you don't know this, slap yaself. Fall down, then slap yaself again. 

roll.gif

Who ran with the Bulls anyway?
Scottie and Horace were solid
pimp.gif

Golden State, Seattle & Charlotte >>>
pimp.gif

This grimey as hell doe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I aint eem mad
Suns can't get no love? 
laugh.gif

What jam did you play with Jordan in it lol..Ive had nba jam for the genisis since it originally dropped and I've never seen Jordan on this game
This. Idk what he was talking about.

What about the dunks doe

There was some PS1 game I think it was a NBA Live that just had a guy named Player in place of Jordan. He wasnt in Live until 2000 I think.

Yup I knew I was right, it was Live 96. The thing about it is, "Player" was trash
laugh.gif
it made no sense
But MJ was in Live 96 though, if you knew what you were doing.....

The thing that makes it even funnier is that I'm pretty sure there was also a script that made it so that games more often than not came down to the wire. Blowouts were rare in NBA Jam. If you're down all of a sudden you can't miss. So Bulls fans probably were getting the gas face every other game lol.
 Noticed this in NFL Blitz too. If you went up big, chances were your passes would be picked off or you would fumble a lot easier. My friends never believed me.

Noticed this in NFL Blitz too. If you went up big, chances were your passes would be picked off or you would fumble a lot easier. My friends never believed me.

Thought I was the only one who noticed that with NFL Blitz :wow:.

What's the rumor we hear about NBA Jam being haunted?

We had already finished making NBA Jam when Drazen Petrovic died. The game had already shipped and he was on the Nets. So we had all of these coin-op machines around, and one night we were playing Mortal Kombat and there was a Jam machine next to it, and all of a sudden the game started calling out "Petrovic!" "Petrovic!" And this only happened after Petrovic had died. Everyone started freaking out. Something weird was going on with the software, and to this day, if you have an original NBA Jam machine every once in a while it will just yell out "Petrovic!" It's wild.

:wow:

Back
Top Bottom