Nba Jam Screenshots. Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, Magic, Hawks, Wolves, Thunder, Mavs Updated 1/16

NBA jam WAS an unbelievable game. Pretty sad there gonna try and revive it. Itll be fun for a few weeks then be done. Proof it has no chance is its on the wii.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Megatron187em

NBA Street Vol. 2 > NBA Jam TE > *

11aac12.gif

laugh.gif

It's amazing how overrated NBA Street Vol. 2 is just because it has 3 different Jordans.

NBA Street Vol. 2 was good flashy visual experience, but the gameplay is so flat. Gamebreakers here and flashy dribbles there. I don't know what the bigdeal is with those gamebreakers and dribbles, you just press a button and you get a couple of seconds of animation. The sense of accomplishment after you scoreis so weak. NBA Street 1 is way more fun than Vol. 2. In NBA Street 1 you feel that you at least have some control over the gameplay, certainly to a greaterextent than Vol. 2 where the computer decides all.

It's amazing how overrated NBA Street Vol. 2 is just because it has 3 different Jordans.

NBA Street Vol. 2 was good flashy visual experience, but the gameplay is so flat. Gamebreakers here and flashy dribbles there. I don't know what the big deal is with those gamebreakers and dribbles, you just press a button and you get a couple of seconds of animation. The sense of accomplishment after you score is so weak. NBA Street 1 is way more fun than Vol. 2. In NBA Street 1 you feel that you at least have some control over the gameplay, certainly to a greater extent than Vol. 2 where the computer decides all.
I totally agree with that about street vol 1 being better. I had it on Gamecube and it had Jordan on the 1st one cause he was on the Wizards atthe time. The gameplay was better and felt like you actually had some control of your players. But after Midway made Showtime on the Dreamcast. The only othergame I really enjoyed was the 1st Nba Ballers cause the tv tournament was crazy on the xbox.

Here is some more info I got from pastapadre's website about the detail of the game.

Earlier this week the resurrection of NBA Jam was confirmed and the first screenshot was discovered. Now details from the Nintendo Power preview have madetheir way out via Neogaf and that earlier screenshot has been confirmed as legitimate.

2 Modes, 1 is called Classic Campaign, plays pretty much identical to previous NBA Jams, 2v2, no rules other than shot clock and goaltending. The other mode iscalled Remix Tour, which is different, changing the core mechanics, rule tweaks, and camera tweaks etc. The devs didnt want to go into detail on the Remix Tourmode yet.

Theres tons of new dunks, a new spin move that can evade the shove move.

The faces are actual photograph captures, each character has multiple faces, 3 faces while running the court, 2 dunk faces, and a positive and negative face.(Looks hilarious. Basically its 3d bodies with 2d heads)

Option of motion controls or holding the wiimote sideways. Didnt see any mention of the Classic Controller

3 players to pick from like in TE
Fire
Shattering Backboard
Cheats
Flashing Shoes
Flashing ball
Big Head Mode
Legends
Playable Mascots
Secret Characters

NBA Street Vol. 2 was good flashy visual experience, but the gameplay is so flat. Gamebreakers here and flashy dribbles there. I don't know what the big deal is with those gamebreakers and dribbles, you just press a button and you get a couple of seconds of animation. The sense of accomplishment after you score is so weak. NBA Street 1 is way more fun than Vol. 2. In NBA Street 1 you feel that you at least have some control over the gameplay, certainly to a greater extent than Vol. 2 where the computer decides all.
One of the reasons its so popular is the Soundtrack. That soundtrack is absolutely incredible, seriously. That and at the time, It was the onlygood Street Ball game (possibly still is) on the market. Game came out around the time AND 1 Mixtape Tour was awesome.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Shattering Backboard
Finally! It was in the original Jam, and removed from T.E. because the NBA hated it. It was also suppose to be in Hangtime, and they nixed thattoo.
indifferent.gif

the developers can have a field day with facial expressions, animations etc....this *##+ could be comedy.

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

The gameplay was better and felt like you actually had some control of your players.

Yeah, this is exactly what I meant. NBA Street 1 feels more like a video game whereas NBA Street Vol. 2 almost feels like a cartoon with a bunch of flashyanimations, the feeling that you have control over the gameplay in that game is sooooo weak. I like the graphical style, but the gameplay is so cramped, verylittle freedom and so little space between the players.

it should definitely have more than three players per team
extra players need to be unlockable

and now i want them to bring back arch rivals

not really

Big daddy 8523:
Here is a new Screen of Pierce,KG,Shaq and King James. I'm not gonna lie I like the way this is going.
pimp.gif
2rfsh21.jpg

YES!!

That looks awesome!!
smokin.gif
x
laugh.gif

Smedroc:
the developers can have a field day with facial expressions, animations etc....this *##+ could be comedy.
I'm saying.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yeerp

it should definitely have more than three players per team
extra players need to be unlockable
From what I read it will be just like Tournament Edition in the classic mode. When u beat the 30 Nba teams you get an expanded roster with a fewextra players.

call me crazy, but I actually enjoy these games more than Live and 2K (and so as Fifa street to any soccer game and NFS compared to GT).

KG/Sheed possible facial expressions...
laugh.gif

OMG this just hit me as i'mtyping....

Tim Duncan stonefaces...
roll.gif

Here are some pages from the Nintendo Power Article. Enjoy!
2zgxav9.jpg

2ywd1g7.jpg
pimp.gif

For All You KB 8/24 Lovers

i76i4p.jpg

Super Man is now in the building.
smokin.gif

2n9dw7t.jpg

This game is going to be dope. I still remember my brother and I playing the first one on the SNES and writing down the long *+# passwords so that we couldcontinue or game from the last team we beat. We've probably still got dozens of notepads hidden away with passwords on them.

Back
Top Bottom