NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

Who is the next player with the potential to be top 10?

Durant and Curry don't have games that are complete enough for them to be that high.

The only one I can see having a chance way down the line is KAT. But he has a long way to go and his career could go in all sorts of directions. I'm not sure if Anthony Davis can be written off entirely yet. His team is going nowhere though. Simmons will have a career resembling Blake Griffin IMO.

Who is the next player with the potential to be top 10?

Durant and Curry don't have games that are complete enough for them to be that high.

The only one I can see having a chance way down the line is KAT. But he has a long way to go and his career could go in all sorts of directions. I'm not sure if Anthony Davis can be written off entirely yet. His team is going nowhere though. Simmons will have a career resembling Blake Griffin IMO.

KD has a complete game. TF you talking about :lol:. Curry does too.

Both those dudes have the best chances. KD has a chance at finishing in the top 5 in scoring all time. They both got MVPS.

Say they win a few rings together....and a few finals MVPS...they have a case for being in that discussion.

**** is funny.

Dudes still holding on to that 1a, 1b nonsense.

Acting like Shaq wasn't averaging 33, 16 and 5 in the 2001 Finals.

Acting like Shaq wasn't averaging 36, 12 and 4 in the 2002 Finals.

1A and 1B.

:rofl:

Oh and let's not bring up the 2000 Finals. Oh wait, you already decided not to. How convenient.

CP, you sound blatantly biased. Get over your love affair with Bryant, he's not in the same category as LeBron, Duncan and Shaq. Ol' "how come one can't make an argument for Bryant as the GOAT" ***...

"Duncan wasn't as dominant as the other guys because he only averaged 24 points once..."

STOP putting Bryant in the same category as Timmy, Shaq and LeBron. The only people you are fooling are your fellow KobeTards.

TAKE THE REP MAN JUST TAKE IT!

KD has a complete game. TF you talking about
laugh.gif
. Curry does too.

Both those dudes have the best chances. KD has a chance at finishing in the top 5 in scoring all time. They both got MVPS.

Say they win a few rings together....and a few finals MVPS...they have a case for being in that discussion.
Yet they both have zero all-NBA defensive teams combined. They're closer to the "great scorer" than "great player", as in complete player category.

The only consensus top 10 with no all-defensive teams is Magic Johnson. And even though he wasn't known as a great defender, he was definitely known as a triple-double machine. Plus he could play any position as the 1980 finals proved. And Curry and Durant have a long way to get to his 5 rings, 3 MVPs and 3 Finals MVPs. I can't see them winning any more MVPs as long as they're playing together, unless one of them gets injured throughout the entire season and the other carries the team to a 65+ win season. And they can only win one Finals MVP each at a time and both have zero at the moment.

KD has a complete game. TF you talking about :lol:. Curry does too.

Sorry to say, but with both playing together, I doubt either can crack the top 5 OF ALL TIME. The legacy stigma will go against them for numerous reasons. Playing together, KD leaving OKC and going to a super team, and quite honestly I dont know if either will make an all defensive team in their lifetime :rofl:

Sorry to say, but with both playing together, I doubt either can crack the top 5 OF ALL TIME. The legacy stigma will go against them for numerous reasons. Playing together, KD leaving OKC and going to a super team, and quite honestly I dont know if either will make an all defensive team in their lifetime :rofl:

Dog, LeBron left to go play with D Wade...who ALREADY had a finals MVP before Bron got there.

Miss me with that hurting legacy talk. When you win chips...all that is forgotten.

Last edited:
Dog, LeBron left to go play with D Wade...who ALREADY had a finals MVP before Bron got there.

Miss me with that hurting legacy talk. When you win chips...all that is forgotten.

the difference is, Lebron went and took over another mans whole team, and won 2 finals MVP's on HIM!

I dont think Durant will do that

Last edited:

To a certain extent you are right. That's why Lebron to me is not a TOP 5 PLAYER YET.

the difference is, Lebron went and took over another mans whole team, and won 2 finals MVP's on HIM!

I dont think Durant will do that

Based on Steph's history so far in the finals I think it's a much more likely thing to happen actually. Especially if the reports of him willing to take a step back ala Wade to accommodate KD are true.

As for Bean during the 3 peat years specifically 2001 and 2002 playoff runs:

28 ppg, 6.5rpg, 5.5 apg. Those are not sidekick numbers.

Last edited:
I held on to kobe >LeBron as long as I could as a laker fan , roughly until 2012 . It's LeBron by a mile

still take bean over duncan , the 2014 championship helped narrow it though
Wow.  That's a big statement coming from a Laker fan.  Doesn't stuff like that get you ran out of town??? Lol.  I used to hate Kobe and I mean despise him but he's cool in my book.  I still have him ahead of LBJ though.  He's the closest thing we have to MJ.  You gotta respect the fact that the man either put the team on his shoulders or shot them out of the game lol...go down fighting!

O'Neal averaged 29.7 points and 13.6 rebounds in the regular season and was league MVP, while the 21-year-old Bryant chipped in with 22.5 points ;  15.6 points; 4.6 rebounds; 4.2 assists in the finals.................... he was 21 yrs old 

O'Neal led the team in scoring at 28.7 points a game, closely followed by Bryant's 28.5. (kobe up's his season average by 12 pts)  24.6 ppg; 7.8 rpg; 5.8 apg in the finals

O'Neal and Bryant combined to average 52.4 points before the 15-4 playoff run. O'Neal won his third straight Finals MVP award.  26.8 ppg; 5.8 rpg; 5.3 apg; in the finals 

Kobe haters act like he had a Derek Fisher or Robert Horry  role and wasnt putting in work....  even Shaq said him and kobe was equal alphas... foh

Shaq can say that but between the two, one feels replaceable and one doesn't :lol:

(Not saying it's necessarily true)

Last edited:
**** is funny. Dudes still holding on to that. Acting like Kobe wasn't averaging 26+, 5, 5 for those last 2 rings.

**** is funny.

Dudes still holding on to that 1a, 1b nonsense.

Acting like Shaq wasn't averaging 33, 16 and 5 in the 2001 Finals.

Acting like Shaq wasn't averaging 36, 12 and 4 in the 2002 Finals.

1A and 1B.

:rofl:

Oh and let's not bring up the 2000 Finals. Oh wait, you already decided not to. How convenient.

CP, you sound blatantly biased. Get over your love affair with Bryant, he's not in the same category as LeBron, Duncan and Shaq. Ol' "how come one can't make an argument for Bryant as the GOAT" ***...

"Duncan wasn't as dominant as the other guys because he only averaged 24 points once..."

STOP putting Bryant in the same category as Timmy, Shaq and LeBron. The only people you are fooling are your fellow KobeTards.

Can you read dawg? Didn't I clearly say Shaq deserved to the MVP's. Nobody is acting like Shaq wasn't dominate. But y'all dudes that go above and beyond to discredit Kobe sound crazy. If you don't think Kobe is that catergory it ain't even worth discussing. You clearly don't know ****. :lol:

And 6 people repped that nonsense. :lol:

Last edited:
O'Neal averaged 29.7 points and 13.6 rebounds in the regular season and was league MVP, while the 21-year-old Bryant chipped in with 22.5 points ; 15.6 points; 4.6 rebounds; 4.2 assists in the finals.................... he was 21 yrs old 

O'Neal led the team in scoring at 28.7 points a game, closely followed by Bryant's 28.5. (kobe up's his season average by 12 pts)  24.6 ppg; 7.8 rpg; 5.8 apg in the finals

O'Neal and Bryant combined to average 52.4 points before the 15-4 playoff run. O'Neal won his third straight Finals MVP award. 26.8 ppg; 5.8 rpg; 5.3 apg; in the finals 

Kobe haters act like he had a Derek Fisher or Robert Horry  role and wasnt putting in work....  even Shaq said him and kobe was equal alphas... foh

I dont discredit KOBE because he had great years as well. But Shaq was in his prime and unstoppable. He was the Alpha Dog. KOBE was the second option. KB8 was the main guy in the lakers two ships later in his career though.

Kazzaam can say what ever he wants, but everyone knows what's was what's. Hell I am big laker as well.

Last edited:
LeBron is a better talent and has more ability than even Michael. But career? Kobe is more accomplished than LeBron. If LeBron wins another for Cleveland then i think LeBron might have surpassed Kobe. I currently have LeBron in my top 7 all time.

When is this silly narrative going to stop?  Kobe and Shaq were 1A and 1B.  Not 1 and 2.  The Lakers wouldnt have won a single title without either one of them.  Just astonishes me that people still cant understand this.
The exact same thing can be said about Jordan and Pippen and those 6 titles Bulls won in the 1990s. And just because it's true, does that mean that Jordan and Pippen were "1A" and "1B"?

Come on, man. One of them was the most unstoppable force in the history of the NBA for which no other team had an answer. Not only was he widely recognized as the best player in the league, he was also the only pure center who was a top 20 player during that period which should tell you how unique he was. He wasn't only the #1 center in the league, he was #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 center in the league.

The other was a 25+ ppg perimeter star, which there were about half a dozen more of.

Yeah, clearly they were 50-50 in those championship runs.

When is this silly narrative going to stop?  Kobe and Shaq were 1A and 1B.  Not 1 and 2.  The Lakers wouldnt have won a single title without either one of them.  Just astonishes me that people still cant understand this.

The exact same thing can be said about Jordan and Pippen and those 6 titles Bulls won in the 1990s. And just because it's true, does that mean that Jordan and Pippen were "1A" and "1B"?

Come on, man. One of them was the most unstoppable force in the history of the NBA for which no other team had an answer. Not only was he widely recognized as the best player in the league, he was also the only pure center who was a top 20 player during that period which should tell you how unique he was. He wasn't only the #1 center in the league, he was #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 center in the league.

The other was a 25+ ppg perimeter star, which there were about half a dozen more of.

Yeah, clearly they were 50-50 in those championship runs.

So are you saying he was by and the best center in the league because he was just that talented or is it because the rest of the centers were trash outside of a few. It seems like you're justifying Shaq's greatness based on his ascension when the 80s/90s golden era of centers was at an end.. While the amount of talent at the shooting guard position was building to its apex.

Last edited:
So are you saying he was by and the best center in the league because he was just that talented or is it because the rest of the centers were trash outside of a few. It seems like you're justifying Shaq's greatness based on his ascension when the 80s/90s golden era of centers was at an end.. While the amount of talent at the shooting guard position was building to its apex.

Shaq came in the league in 92....the era where some of the best big men in history were in their prime....and DONINATED from the jump.

David Robinson
Hakeem
Ewing
Zo
Mutumbo
Etc.

Shaq came in the league in 92....the era where some of the best big men in history were in their prime....and DONINATED from the jump.

David Robinson
Hakeem
Ewing
Zo
Mutumbo
Etc.

As far as I remember Shaq played well against them but was never seen as the top center until their decline... which leads into the whole top 1 2 3 4 5 ...... I'm not saying Shaq isnt one of the greatest centers ever but by the time he reached his peak the other generational centers were on their way out of the league. Outside of Motumbo, Ewing and Mourning who were all in the east. His only true competition out west was Yao Ming and maybe Vlade as far as I remember and the gap wasnt as large as you're reaching for.

Edit.
While off the top of head i can name at least 10 sgs who where just as tall and athletic as Kobe

Eddie Jones
Doug Christie
Brent Barry
John Starks
Kerry Kittles
Latrell Sprewell
Houston
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobilli
JR Smith
Nick Young

All of these guys were blueprint textbook prototypical SGs as far as height, speed, quickness, leaping ability, natural shooting ability and yet none are seen as a top 10 player of all time. This was Kobe's nightly competition

Last edited:

In the words of Roy Jones, "And they have the nerve to say I ain't fight nobody...i just make them LOOK like nobody...Y'all must've forgot!!" That's how good and dominant Shaq was.

LeBron is a better talent and has more ability than even Michael. But career? Kobe is more accomplished than LeBron. If LeBron wins another for Cleveland then i think LeBron might have surpassed Kobe. I currently have LeBron in my top 7 all time.
This.  There's a difference, I feel, than being better and greater. Is LBJ better than MJ, I don't think so, but you could argue it.  Is he greater? Hell no.  

As far as I remember Shaq played well against them but was never seen as the top center until their decline... which leads into the whole top 1 2 3 4 5 ...... I'm not saying Shaq isnt one of the greatest centers ever but by the time he reached his peak the other generational centers were on their way out of the league. Outside of Motumbo, Ewing and Mourning who were all in the east. His only true competition out west was Yao Ming and maybe Vlade as far as I remember and the gap wasnt as large as you're reaching for.

Edit.
While off the top of head i can name at least 10 sgs who where just as tall and athletic as Kobe

Eddie Jones
Doug Christie
Brent Barry
John Starks
Kerry Kittles
Latrell Sprewell
Houston
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobilli
JR Smith
Nick Young

All of these guys were blueprint textbook prototypical SGs as far as height, speed, quickness, leaping ability, natural shooting ability and yet none are seen as a top 10 player of all time. This was Kobe's nightly competition

Bruh [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] some of those guys aren't even close to Kobe physically and athletically

Edit.

Eddie Jones
Doug Christie
Brent Barry
John Starks
Kerry Kittles
Latrell Sprewell
Houston
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobilli
JR Smith
Nick Young

Bruh [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] some of those guys aren't even close to Kobe physically and athletically

Which ones? And would you also care to explain why

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom