NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

JJ Barea is still in the league?
Is this some sort of inside joke?
indifferent.gif
KLJ believes that JJ is the crappiest player in the NBA and is too short to be worth a damn.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

the goons over on db.com are mentioned, a Elton Brand trade...i dont like the length of that contract.
I'd take Elton Brand and run until the cows come home, but I'm a huge Brand homer, so take that into consideration.
laugh.gif

I don't like how he doesn't have much speed (at least I don't think he does), but I guess that's what the other three guys are for next toKidd.

I'd love me some Elton Brand though.

But I don't see much substance other than Mike Fisher mentioning it works in the ESPN trade machine.
laugh.gif

I am with JapanAir.

I think nothing happens on that front because it makes no sense for either teams.

Cuban talked to his agent. Big deal. His agent can't make us sign and trade him.

In other news, Lil Nate might be the next to hop over to Greece, he was offered a 2 year/10 million contract from the Olympisackljlakmerlkjaeroiaiomfoiawercos.

And Knicks thinking of going for 1-year full MLE for Andre Miller (I don't see the point, the Knicks ain't doing ANYTHING this year).

In other news, Lil Nate might be the next to hop over to Greece, he was offered a 2 year/10 million contract from the Olympisackljlakmerlkjaeroiaiomfoiawercos.

And Knicks thinking of going for 1-year full MLE for Andre Miller (I don't see the point, the Knicks ain't doing ANYTHING this year).

i hope nate doesnt leave! he was my favorite player on our roster
frown.gif

and you tripping JA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Is that the real full spelling of Olympicos?

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Coulda swore there were some k's and z's and ∂'s and ˆœ¨∑œ¨∑¨œ∑∆∂߃å¬˚∆∑¬∆œ∑´˚µ˚¬ƒ∆å∂¬˚∆å߬˚µ¬œ˚∆∑'s thrown in there too.

I guess I was wrong.

Forgive me for not knowing how to spell Olympiaco's.
laugh.gif

LAKERS

[h1]Lakers pull offer to Lamar Odom[/h1]
Jerry Buss reportedly is upset that the free-agent forward and his agent have not responded to Lakers' offer of $9 million a season.

By Broderick Turner
July 15, 2009

The Lakers have pulled their offer off the table to free-agent forward Lamar Odom, according to a team official who is not authorized to speak publicly about the negotiations.

Lakers owner Jerry Buss is upset that Odom and his representative, agent Jeff Schwartz, haven't made contact with the organization regarding its $9-million per season offer for three years, one source said Tuesday.

Odom and his agent have been seeking $10 million for five years.

Neither Schwartz nor Odom could be reached for comment. Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said, "I wouldn't comment on negotiations."

The source also said Buss was not happy that Odom and Schwartz have been having talks with the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat about a deal, but have refused to talk to the Lakers.
The Heat and Mavericks can offer Odom only the mid-level exception of $5.8 million, but can give him a five-year deal up to $34 million.

It was widely known that Odom, who will be 30 in November, would have to take a pay cut because of his age, the declining economy and the small number of teams that were far enough under the NBA salary cap to make a legitimate offer to him. He was on the Lakers' books for $14.1 million last season, the final year of a six-year, $63-million contract he signed with Miami in 2003.

He proved his worth during the Lakers' championship run in the playoffs by averaging 12.3 points, third-best on the team, and 9.1 rebounds, second-best on the team.

He averaged 32 minutes a game in the playoffs, a lot of it because center Andrew Bynum was either in foul trouble or ineffective. In those cases, Pau Gasol moved to center, Odom came off the bench to play power forward and the Lakers were often a better team.

Odom was solid against Orlando in the NBA Finals, helping the Lakers win their 15th championship by averaging 13.4 points and 7.8 rebounds. He had 17 points and 10 rebounds in Game 5 as the Lakers clinched the title with a 99-86 victory.

Odom was also impressive in the last two games of the Western Conference finals, helping the Lakers emerge from a 2-2 series tie with a physical Denver Nuggets team. Odom averaged 19.5 points and 11 rebounds in the two games.

Known as a friendly face among teammates and always available to talk to reporters, Odom represented an important part of the Lakers' team chemistry.

Odom wasn't thrilled before the season about the prospect of being a reserve, saying last October that Lakers Coach Phil Jackson "must have woke up and bumped his head."

But he grew accustomed to his backup role and helped keep the Lakers atop the West when Bynum went down with a knee injury.

He logged 31 games as a starter and saw a dramatic uptick in his statistics after Bynum's injury Jan. 31, averaging 13.9 points and 11.1 rebounds in 34 minutes a game. Before Bynum's injury, Odom was averaging 9.4 points and 6.2 rebounds in 26.4 minutes.

Staff writer Mike Bresnahan contributed to this story

[email protected]

you missed a letter.

man thats not good for odom or the lakers.man if they arent going to resign him they should trade him and someone for boozer and they would run over any andeverybody in the league.is that even possible for that trade to go down??

roll.gif
buss better get over been butt hurt cause lakers wont repeat with outodom since they have NO Bench without him

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

man thats not good for odom or the lakers.man if they arent going to resign him they should trade him and someone for boozer and they would run over any and everybody in the league.is that even possible for that trade to go down??

Its possible. I know the Jazz want to move Boozer but they don't want to take back salary.

So I really don't know.

I don't know what to believe. They may have pulled the offer but if Lamar calls to smooth things over I think Dr. Buss will put the deal back on the table.Dr. Buss and the front office might be talking tough since they hadn't heard anything since giving him the offer.

smh.gif
Stupid agents and stupid players man. I don't know what other options we have right now, but we can't just let LO walk for nothing...I hopethey're some sign and trade possibilities that we can explore, I don't know if Booz would come off the bench, but that would be the best case scenario_Otherwise the Lakeshow need to try and work something out with Dallas for Josh Howard or the Heat for Haslem & Beasley.

AHHHHHHHHH YOU STUPID ODUMB!!! Way to $%*% up something special.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

smh.gif
Stupid agents and stupid players man. I don't know what other options we have right now, but we can't just let LO walk for nothing...I hope they're some sign and trade possibilities that we can explore, I don't know if Booz would come off the bench, but that would be the best case scenario. Otherwise the Lakeshow need to try and work something out with Dallas for Josh Howard or the Heat for Haslem & Beasley.

AHHHHHHHHH YOU STUPID ODUMB!!! Way to %!+@ up something special.

lakers are NOT getting J.Howard.

Back
Top Bottom