NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Is Powe expected to start playing by the All star break?
He'll def be out for a while, but it would still be another solid signing nonetheless...

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

As long as Powe's knees hold up...

ohwell.gif
ya im with OC on this one and i thought they told him he wouldn't be ready till midseason?

I'm pulling for Powe, even though he was a Celtic. All those knee surgeries, there's gotta be a major toll off the court.

I don't know, maybe at 23 I am showing that I am a bit older than I actually am but, this reminds me of the 80's with the teams involved.

Boston, Cleveland, Lakers, etc etc.

Cleveland always getting their heart broken in the playoffs, Lakers/Celtics are always in the NBA finals either against each other or against another team.

The 90's team had one or two stars that made those teams while the rest were excellent role players.

Jordan/Pippen - Fillers, Ewing - Fillers, Reggie Miller - Fillers, Shaq and Penny - Fillers.

Yes teams had the Nick Andersons, Mark Jacksons, Rodman, Starks, etc etc but these teams were not as stacked with players than today.

Boston has three hall of famers possibly playing together with a multiple All-star game player coming off the bench.

Shaq starting with Big Z coming off the bench after he started for a 66 win team.

Lakers - enough said.

The 80's teams resembled this more than those 90's teams IMO. Not trying to knock anyone, just saying.

With Shaq, Z and now Powe, that front line is BRITTLE.

They could lose all 3 of them dudes at once if they not careful. Certainly on paper they are better, but they are paper thin in terms of resistance to injury.

Gasol hurting his finger is good for LA. I didn't want that dude playin ball all damn summer anyways. Sit the hell down and rest for next season Pau. And don't bust up no more fingers, tryna be like Kobe.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Speaking of Kobe and his finger(s), what's up w/it?

Has he gotten surgery? I'm probably dumb late if he did, but i don't remember hearing anything about it

o_O

laugh.gif
@ Mateen Cleaves saying the Cavs suck...we know you like the Pistons. Still on 'Ignore,' it's just that about 4 people quoted him.

VC3FAN: I think the same could be said about the '90s teams. Even if you look at all the teams the Bulls beat in the Finals, they had 1 or 2 stars and goodrole guys around them, minus the Lakers.

This is true, I wish we had the man of steel, Andrew Bynum
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

And LA fans, ya'll better get use to those Gasol injuries, especially in the summertime. It happened on several occasions in Memphis.

JDB1523 -

I was talking about the teams in the 90's and said exactly what you just said
laugh.gif

I was saying that they relate to teams in the 80's teams today, not the 90's.

In the 80's, you had like 4 or 5 teams that could all be in the finals from each conference.

Man, I @#$%^* flat out LOVE how Cavs fans ain't learn their lesson from last year.
laugh.gif

Just gives me a whoooooole nother year to teach ya'll before that franchise falls off the face of the Earth, at which point I'm going to piss onya'll's graves.
pimp.gif

Know how Gasol hurt his finger? Sizing it up for that ring baby, sizin it up for that ring. But ya'll wouldn't know nothin bout that.
wink.gif

Bynum, he gonna be alright. Cuz even with that injury history he put together, at 21, life keeps movin. When you in your 30's, things don't heal sowell ya know?

Brace yourselves kiddies, long year ahead of ya. Long year. Your last year.
nerd.gif

roll.gif

The Celtics are making moves for this year and next year. Everything is based aroung the "Big 3". I wonder what they are gonna do when they allleave.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

And LA fans, ya'll better get use to those Gasol injuries, especially in the summertime. It happened on several occasions in Memphis.

yeah because I really care if the dude gets hurt in the summer
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

your starting front line is old enough to collect social security checks.

Also, I wish we could have had an all-star like Mo Williams that puts up 20 and 10 in the playoffs..............wait more like 8 and 2

CP: What 'lesson' do Cavs 'fans' need to learn? And if you're talking about OC specifically, then say so. Everyone in here knows damn wellthere are 'fans' who simply are so because of LeBron, then there's about 4-5 of us who have supported the Cavs through everything, and to the 4-5of us real fans I really don't consider it a 'lesson to be learned' just because we were excited about a 66-win regular season and an MVP award.You wouldn't be ecstatic if it were the Lakers? We all know it's the Finals and the ensuing rings that matter, so if someone says otherwise they'rebeing blatantly asinine (gabeGramZ or whatever the hell it is is all about LeBron and his accolades). I just don't get this 'lesson' thatyou're supposedly going to enlighten us with.

scottsauce: Who do you even support? Throughout the year all you do is nitpick what other people say and then bounce (ala, Carmelo at MSG).

Back
Top Bottom