NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Iverson, Curry, Tyreke, Jennings, McGrady, hrm.

Ty ALL DAY
That's who I ended up picking, I can still get Iverson if I want, and Curry and Jennings I'm not too convinced on yet.

But I think I'll be picking Chris Andersen in the 6th round.

Or DJ Augustin.

In an attempt to try and make things fair, I'd probably have to do priority first, if people with 2000+ posts ask, they may be given teams.

And for people battling for teams, you'll have to guess the #.

I'll probably just draft a list of guys who are interested.

Anyone interested in helping me moderate the thread? (Keep things up to date, get on me if I'm slacking, update the thread with up-to-date/upcoming picks).

CP? Mafia? Osh Kosh? Blazers? Franchise?

I don't know what you guys are even talking about but I want in
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

How's this work JA? How is this different than a regular fantasy basketball league? Is it just a regular leaguewith 30 people?
nerd.gif

Yeah, except instead of drafting for stats, you draft to build the best possible team.

This doesn't go on through the season, it's just a mock draft to pass time.

i would join but i know my dude osh wants the raps
pimp.gif

plus i dont think i would be that reliable throughout the season
laugh.gif

edit - oh nvm i never even read the rules or nothing
laugh.gif
. i might be down

These are the rules we have set up on our board.

Basics

We will be drafting a 12 man active roster. You will be trying to assemble the best possible squad for THIS YEAR. This is not a Fantasy Draft. You are anarmchair GM trying to build a real NBA team.

Rules and Expectations

1) DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU CAN CHECK IN REGULARLY! If you will leaving town for a long period of time and won't have internet access do not sign up. Ifyou can't access this site at work or think you may leave town for a day or two you will be expected to forward your picks to someone involved in the draftso they can make your selections. Do not pre-post them in this thread.

1b) I have the right to exclude anyone who signs up. If you signed up for the other draft and disappeared I probably won't let you do this one. If you area newbie I may want to see how active you have been before giving an okay.

2) There will be a 4 hour clock. If your pick is nearing and you won't be able to check in for several hours you must forward your picks to someone thatcan make your pick. If you fail to do so your pick will be made automatically. This will be done by taking the highest available player based on 08/09 scoringaverage. http://sports.yahoo.com/n...ce=NBA&year=season_2008. That player may or may not fill a position need for you but it's the fairest way to keep thedraft moving in the event you don't make a timely pick. Once your time has expired the next person drafting will take the highest player off this list foryou and then make their selection. Rookies can be drafted. Please note: Anyone who fails to make their first round pick within the allotted time (live post orvia PM) will be considered AWOL and dropped from the draft. Everyone else will bump up a spot in the draft. The "default" selection will go intoeffect beginning round 2 if you have not made your pick. If you are not checking in during Round 1 I'm just going to assume you are not going to bechecking in enough to be depended on.

3) The Clock will be on from 10AM to Midnight Central Standard Time. The clock is off from Midnight to 10AM. If you go on the clock at 10PM you will have untilnoon the next day to make your selection. However if it's your turn feel free to make a selection between Midnight and 10AM. The next drafter will go onthe clock at 10AM.

4) No pre-posting your picks on the draft thread and please do not discuss players that have yet to be selected.

5) Trades can be made during the draft. They can be draft pick for draft pick, drafted player for future draft pick or a combination of both. However they mustbe evenly distributed so you don't end up with more (or less) than 12 players. All trades must be approved by the Commissioner.

6) At the end of the draft you may "waive" an unwanted player and replace him with someone who didn't get drafted. The commissioner must approveany drop.

7) The draft order will be determined by a randomizer. Whoever has the first pick in Round 1 will have the last pick in Round 2. Please copy and paste eachpick )ongoing draft list) for easier viewing. Please feel free to add a team name as the draft progresses.

glasses.gif
Rules will be tweaked if necessary.

With these rules/safeguards in place I see no reason this draft can't be completed in 2-3 weeks. People will know beforehand that they need to check in orforward their pick and if not that pick will automatically be made for them. No one drifts away, everyone is happy! Once the draft is over we can have someneutral non-participants analyze and rank our teams. At the end of the season we can come back and evaluate based on statistics, offensive ratings, defensiveratings, win shares, , PERs, etc.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

We will be drafting a 12 man active roster.
That should take about three months.
We're through 5 rounds in about 9 days.

A month isn't that long, it's rather casual.

Anything to pass the time while there's no Basketball.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Are there roster limitations? Like max number is x for PG's or x for C's for example.
No, but that could be made a rule if majority rules on it.

JA, how many ppl have signed up and how many did you say we needed to start? Can we have asst gms?

Anyone interested in helping me moderate the thread? (Keep things up to date, get on me if I'm slacking, update the thread with up-to-date/upcoming picks).

I should have the time to do so, and I have the ability to edit the original thread you make with updates.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I should have the time to do so, and I have the ability to edit the original thread you make with updates.
Well aren't you mister fancy pants.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Well aren't you mister fancy pants.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
... just jealous of my thread locking/post editing abilities.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom