NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

I might not be able to moderate since I'm about to start school in a week. It just depends on what you really need help with, but I'll definitely beactive.

JA, we keepin it in this thread, or startin a new one?

Cuz you know some smuck (prolly me) will wander into page one and see all these updates of LeBron was just traded to the Knicks for an Isiah Autograph and getvery confused with all the real deals.
laugh.gif

If you need help with anything, let me know, I'll do what I can, just remember, I'm dumb.
happy.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Are there roster limitations? Like max number is x for PG's or x for C's for example.
I don't know why anyone would want five or six point guards anyway...

I'm interested. Hold a spot for me.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by franchise3

Are there roster limitations? Like max number is x for PG's or x for C's for example.
I don't know why anyone would want five or six point guards anyway...

I'm interested. Hold a spot for me.

Villanova offense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Apparently Mo Pete is coming back home, for Marcus Banks.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

who else would be in that trade from the Raps? Maybe Douby or a trade exception

I read that it's Matt Carroll

[h1]Raptors Discussing Banks For Carroll Swap With Dallas
[/h1]

Aug 19, 2009 1:39 PM EST

Carroll_Matt_cha.jpg
The Toronto Raptors are considering a trade of Marcus Banks to the Dallas Mavericks for Matt Carroll, according to league sources.

The discussions are currently in their preliminary stage.

Carroll has four years left on his contract, he'll make $4.7 million this season, $4.3 million in 2010-11, $3.9 million in 2011-12 and $3.5 million in 2012-13.

Banks has $4.53 million this year and $4.8 million in 2010-11 remaining on his current contract.

Via Toronto Sunhttp://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...iscussing_banks_for_carroll_swap_with_dallas/

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...iscussing_banks_for_carroll_swap_with_dallas/Toronto Raptors, Dallas Mavericks

I'd be down to draft and help moderate. I'm not in this thread everday but I'm in S&T every day posting. I'd say start a new thread too.Less people will check into this thread as the season gets closer. That's if you decide to do it of course.

couple of things

-why the hell would you need 30 people for a fantasy mock draft? hell 10-15 is just fine

-if its a fantasy mock draft why would you need to pick a NBA team? just make your own damn team name and pick players

-new thread would be the best

-no school and job for now so im down to help you out JA

You guys are putting a lot of trust in the Thunder. Their frontcourt is one of the weakest in the West and they have no bench
laugh.gif
o ok thats fine, but why do you put memphis and houston infront of them then? memphis has no bench and houston has no bench or frontcourt

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

You guys are putting a lot of trust in the Thunder. Their frontcourt is one of the weakest in the West and they have no bench
laugh.gif
o ok thats fine, but why do you put memphis and houston infront of them then? memphis has no bench and houston has no bench or frontcourt
I would take Houston frontcourt over the OKC though. Scola is better than any frontcourt player on the Thunder. Houston also have their toughnessto more than likely overpower OKC's frontcourt. Hell, I should've put Houston over Memphis in the standings too, but not sure yet.

Memphis bench isn't the best, but last season they had Jaric, Buckner, Ross, Warrick and Darko. Now, they have Williams, Young, Carroll, Arthur andThabeet. It's an improvement.

I'm just saying, OKC will improve next season but I think people are putting alot of pressure on them being a top 9 team in the West meaning they would beat the 40-win plateau. That's hard to do in the West without a frontcourt and any type of depth. If they would've added somebody like Lee or Millsapthen yea probably. But, they got a chance to add someone next off-season still, but this isn't going to that big of a jump for them. That's just methough.

If AI goes to Houston, that would be nice for them. A Brooks/Iverson frontcourt would get murdered defensively though.
laugh.gif
AI would be able to put up as many shots as he would like though.

Glad JWill is going to get another chance back in the L.

Nate arrested (unpaid parking ticket) -

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08192009/news/regionalnews/knick_is_whistled_for_a_foul_185280.htm

KNICK IS WHISTLED FOR A FOUL

Pint-sized New York Knicks player Nate Robinson came up short last night in The Bronx, where cops busted the slam-dunk expert for driving with a suspendedlicense, authorities said.

Knicks Frowning At Nate's Arrest

Knicks Blog

The arrest was the latest in a long list of motor-vehicle-related troubles for the 25-year-old Robinson.

And it could imperil his efforts to sign a new contract with the Knicks -- who already were only mildly interested in re-signing the restricted free-agentguard for a one-year deal.

Robinson -- whose license was suspended in June for the fifth time -- was driving himself and newly drafted New Jersey Nets player Terrence Williams when copsstopped him in The Bronx in the late afternoon.

According to a Twitter posting by Williams several hours before the stop, he was "on the way to my bro @nate_robinson camp to talk, I was a beast in thecity today gotta have that aggressiveness to your whipping game."

Robinson runs a basketball camp at a boys' and girls' club in Mount Kisco, NY.

Soon, Robinson was posting his own Tweet: "Cops pulled me over cuz my windows were 2 dark (but my windows were down) lol how funny is that."

Williams then also Tweeted: "being pulled over is so funnnnny now I got to go get him mannnnnnnnn.

Robinson followed up with another Twitter posting: "Iam still pulled over and its been 35 min they have me sit in my truck like I dnt have s#*+2 dolol."

"To All My Tweeps: I was irresponsible earlier when I tweeted about being pulled over," Robinson wrote afterwards. "I thought it was for tintedwindows but turns out I had an unpaid ticket and I wasn't aware the ticket had been mailed to my Seattle address ... I apologize to the Knicks, my familyand fans."

At about 6 p.m., Robinson was arrested and charged with unlicensed operator of a motor vehicle and taken into custody.

He was booked last night at the 52nd Precinct, and he was released within several hours. In a Twitter post afterward, Robinson wrote, "I also want tothank the NYPD especially the arresting officer. He was fair and helped process me quickly."

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Soon, Robinson was posting his own Tweet: "Cops pulled me over cuz my windows were 2 dark (but my windows were down) lol how funny is that."

i see what he did there
nerd.gif

I repeat, the only thing could hold Orlando back from a championship run is the coaching....and thats likely, smh.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

I repeat, the only thing could hold Orlando back from a championship run is the coaching....and thats likely, smh.
Oh?

Boston and LA would like a word with you......

J-Will and VC
pimp.gif

If only this had happened back in 2000.
laugh.gif

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...SPORTS/Magic+sign+former+Gator+Jason+Williams
Magic sign former Gator Jason Williams

ORLANDO MAGIC NEWS RELEASE • August 19, 2009

The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

"Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt," said Smith. "He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team."
Williams (6-foot-1, 190 pounds) did not play during the 2008-09 season after announcing his retirement on Sept. 26, 2008. He last played in 67 games during the 2007-08 campaign with Miami, averaging 8.8 ppg., 4.6 apg., 1.9 rpg. and 1.24 stlpg. in 28.1 minpg.

Originally selected in the first round (seventh overall) of the 1998 NBA Draft, Williams has played in 679 career NBA regular season games with Sacramento, Memphis and Miami, averaging 11.4 ppg., 6.3 apg., 2.4 rpg. and 1.28 stlpg. in 31.2 minpg. He has also played in 53 career playoff contests, averaging 9.8 ppg., 3.7 apg. and 2.2 rpg. in 29.1 minpg. Williams was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1998-99, currently stands as Memphis' all-time leader in assists (2,041) and helped Miami capture the 2005-06 NBA Championship.

I'd say Orlando is the deepest team in the league now. They have a lot of new pieces though, so it'll be interesting to see how chemistry and playingtime will play out.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

J-Will and VC
pimp.gif

If only this had happened back in 2000.
laugh.gif

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...SPORTS/Magic+sign+former+Gator+Jason+Williams
Magic sign former Gator Jason Williams

ORLANDO MAGIC NEWS RELEASE • August 19, 2009

The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

"Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt," said Smith. "He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team."
Williams (6-foot-1, 190 pounds) did not play during the 2008-09 season after announcing his retirement on Sept. 26, 2008. He last played in 67 games during the 2007-08 campaign with Miami, averaging 8.8 ppg., 4.6 apg., 1.9 rpg. and 1.24 stlpg. in 28.1 minpg.

Originally selected in the first round (seventh overall) of the 1998 NBA Draft, Williams has played in 679 career NBA regular season games with Sacramento, Memphis and Miami, averaging 11.4 ppg., 6.3 apg., 2.4 rpg. and 1.28 stlpg. in 31.2 minpg. He has also played in 53 career playoff contests, averaging 9.8 ppg., 3.7 apg. and 2.2 rpg. in 29.1 minpg. Williams was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1998-99, currently stands as Memphis' all-time leader in assists (2,041) and helped Miami capture the 2005-06 NBA Championship.

nice pickup though. Who will start at PF? They going to do the same thing they did last year with Rashard at PF or will they start Bass? There lineup isgoing to be crazy though:

PG - Jameer nelson
SG - VC
SF - Rashard
PF - Bass
C - Dwight

with a bench of Pietrus, Barnes, Gorat, Redick, Williams, and Ryan Anderson. That team is deep as hell

Good luck Dwight tryna get those rebounds from 30 footers when you haven't even crossed half court.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom