NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by BangDak

nice. lakers finding a way to counter magics and vc.
nice, i like.

laugh.gif
...L.A. ain't countering ORL...They already beat them in 5 & the Magic are so much worse now.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
i dont get how the magics are "much worse" the only reasoning i could find is them losing gortat and lee.
i really dont like the fact of sheed going anywhere. he has the ability to bring any contender over the top.
It's not the Magics for crying out loud.

sick.gif
That is VERY annoying!!!
laugh.gif

just got the message

ESPN NBA - Marc Stein: Free-agent F Trevor Ariza will leave Lakers, makes verbal commitment with Rockets

Cleveland takes another L
laugh.gif

no hating at all do you guys think the rumors of bron leaving will scare people from signing a long term deal with the cavs?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

no hating at all do you guys think the rumors of bron leaving will scare people from signing a long term deal with the cavs?

that's probably what happened with CV and Ariza. They only got Shaq because his playing days are almost over.

laugh.gif
The city of Houston > Cleveland.

I wish TA well. I think he'll be a very good player down there. I do think he's capable of being a 2nd or 3rd option.

Damn Cleveland gonna still try to make a move. When is Hedo gonna agree to the Portland contract?

Originally Posted by franchise3

5 years 33M
Wait...

Dude took just above the MLE to go with the Rockets?

He better hope the Lakers DITCHED him for Artest and not that he left for Houston for an extra couple bucks..
smh.gif

Wow, so Ariza just took the same money he took from the Lakers....

Ariza, you're an idiot. Should have taken that offer...

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

dang it, Even with Lebron and Shaq, nobody wants to come to Cleveland, Artest signs with L.A. Ariza signs with Houston......

agreed. man we had CV as ours, then Ron was a sure thing. both gone to other teams. we'd settle for sheed since he gives D12 matchup probs, too bad hesin boston now. man an aged shaq is better than ben and sasha but hes not the only piece we needed.

indifferent.gif

man i'm a cavs fan but their management sucks. can't land one good prospect with that MLE. If they go ahead and sign Linas Kleiza or some scrubs withfull MLE i'm going to be pissed.

^Yep.

Unless we sign Anthony Parker I don't see anything else happening for us. And you know damn well Varejao is outta here...
laugh.gif

Maybe the Lakers didn't want to lock him up for 5 years?

I think it's a good deal.

He'll be 29-30 by the time his number is up

Originally Posted by JDB1523

^Yep.

Unless we sign Anthony Parker I don't see anything else happening for us. And you know damn well Varejao is outta here...
laugh.gif
Anthony Parker won't help much. Cavs need a long athletic guy who can defend and shoot 3s. I haven't seen much of Parker playing but idoubt he fits into that mold. I think Varejao can be replaced though. Like you suggested before, Frye will be a decent replacement for Varejao.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Maybe the Lakers didn't want to lock him up for 5 years?

I think it's a good deal.

He'll be 29-30 by the time his number is up
That's the whole thing, he was wanting MORE than the MLE from the Lakers upwards of 8 to 10 mil a year which is why LA let him walk. Nowtruthfully he is in a no win situation Houston is in shambles with Yao being out and the health of T-Mac always in question. Oh well maybe he'll become anAll-Star caliber player, but I doubt it.

i mean do we resign AV now? I would have said no a week ago if we had CV or ron but now who do we have as bigs? shaq and Z? thats gotta be the slowest combo inthe nba. FML

I don't get why we are not interested in Marion, out of all the free agents left, he is the best possibility for us

My best bet now is that we get Parker and Frye...not huge but considering we just got spit in the face twice (arguably three times) it's the only option.

Originally Posted by belle155

i mean do we resign AV now? I would have said no a week ago if we had CV or ron but now who do we have as bigs? shaq and Z? thats gotta be the slowest combo in the nba. FML

if AV asks for some ridiculous number like 8~9 mil then cavs can just move on and sign cheaper free agents. his flopping will be missed though.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I don't get why we are not interested in Marion, out of all the free agents left, he is the best possibility for us

That's what I already said...he could be a REALLY nice 6th man for us.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

it could be he got a 3 year offer like Ron did and wanted a 5 year
If that's the case, even more reason to fire his agent.

The idiot is 24 years old, his career won't be over when he's 27.

Back
Top Bottom