NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I think he's more talented than Bassy
to me only as an athlete.

he was right with Mullens, Monroe, Aminu, Evans, Holiday, DeRozan for tops in his class.

then He pulls out the bozo the clown show at the McD AA game and everyone got enamored with him and the hype ensued.

to be fair Bassy was a douche in that game, too. But he was always more of a natural point to me...passing was instinctive...with Jennings he only wants tomake highlight passes and get assists, not run a team.

Menacin Methods wrote:
i had a vision about the lakers off season
Trade Bynum and there 1st round pick to thunder for there 3rd pick and draft Rubio
Thunder want the kid from uconn but he's a project, i'm sure they wouldn't mind Bynum, plus thunder already got a solid pg in Westbrook.
With the money Lakers save by trading Bynum they can sign both Ariza and Odom.
And bring Shaq back!!! of course he will need to take a paycut if he wants to play for the Lakers again.

before i get hated on just know i've been smoking all day so forgive me
pimp.gif

I will forgive you but you got some powerful stuff.

I don't think a team on the brink of a chip needs to make any moves.

Only thing we need to do is get Ariza, Odom and Brown back. I don't think we will have a problem.

Lamar will take a paycut and Ariza might give us a home town discount. I think he will take the MLE or more then the MLE.

Dr. Buss said he will pay the luxury tax so we don't have any problems.

( I hope)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by dreClark

I think he's more talented than Bassy
to me only as an athlete.

he was right with Mullens, Monroe, Aminu, Evans, Holiday, DeRozan for tops in his class.

then He pulls out the bozo the clown show at the McD AA game and everyone got enamored with him and the hype ensued.

to be fair Bassy was a douche in that game, too. But he was always more of a natural point to me...passing was instinctive...with Jennings he only wants to make highlight passes and get assists, not run a team.
QFT!! Finally someone understands.

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

grin.gif

shooting in an individual workout means next to nothing.

I've seen Tay Fisher seemingly not miss for an hour straight and he can't get an overseas gig.

You should tell the NBA people that, save them the time they waste having players shoot in workouts.
my point was, you put ANY highly skilled player in a gym by themselves, they're not missing many.

Sorry but the large majority of the time, the better workout shooters, will also be better in-game shooters.

The only thing you have to do is google search most of Rubio's games. They're on the internet and I'm not just judging my opinions of him offyoutube videos and Olympic play. It is what it is, but Rubio's work ethic and desire to win will put him over Jennings anyday. He don't have to beflashy to be more effective.

How much does it pay being the head of NT's international scouting department? I imagine it must be hard traveling all the time and watching Ricky play.

Obviously I haven't seen much outside of the Olympics and his highlight reels online. Still not sold on the kid and I don't think he'll be a starin the league. Isn't a discussion board for opinions?

Cavs and Suns talking deal for Shaq Daddy

The Cavaliers and Suns are reportedly discussing a trade involving Shaquille O'Neal once again.
The rumor involves O'Neal, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic, but another source close to the situation said that "there's nothing going on"between the two clubs.

Multiple sources confirmed back in February that Cleveland and Phoenix had discussed a deal involving O'Neal.

Tom Thibodeau to remain with C's.

Assistant coach Tom Thibodeau is about to sign a new contract with the Celtics, according to a league source.

Thibodeau was considered a head coaching candidate.

He has worked on one-year contracts in each of the last two seasons, and the length of the new deal is unknown.

Via Boston Herald

If no Shaq, LAC big-man an option for Cavs?

It's no secret the Cavaliers want to rebuild their sagging front line during the offseason. One source said they might findthat big man on the Los Angeles Clippers' roster. Morning Journal

Turkoglu almost a guaruntee to opt out of contract?

Turkoglu has a player option for the 2009-10 season for $7.36 million, but sources have told ESPN.com that Orlando's 30-year-old starting small forward is 100 percent certain to exercise his right to terminate hiscontract, which will make him an unrestricted free agent as of July 1. ESPN.com

Pistons have a lot of options for the upcoming year (Boozer, Turkoglu,Odom).

Signing with Detroit, or going to the Pistons in a sign-and-trade: Detroit has Allen Iverson ($21.9 million) and Rasheed Wallace ($13.7) coming off the cap,and would like to get as far as $23 million under the cap, which would give the Pistons the ability to acquire two high-level free agents. Impacting theirfinancial equation will be Kwame Brown's decision this month on whether to pick up his player option of $4.1 million for next season, and Joe Dumars'efforts to move Amir Johnson's expiring $3.6 million deal without taking back an equal contract in return. If the Pistons find themselves stuck with both of those players, their best option to make a pair of impact acquisitions would probably involve movingTayshaun Prince (owed $21.5 million over the next two seasons) as part of a sign-and-trade deal for an unrestricted free agent, whether it is Turkoglu, CarlosBoozer, Lamar Odom or someone else. ESPN.com

Gortat will field multiple-year full MLE contract offers?

League sources say one or more teams will likely be willing to give Gortat a multiyear offer sheet for at least the midlevel exception, which was $5.6million per season in 2008-09. ESPN.com

Could see Pargo, Childress back in the NBA this season?

Don't besurprised if Childress tries to return to the NBA next season, along with other ex-NBA players such as Earl Boykins, Jannero Pargo, and PrimozBrezec. Nenad Krstic left Triumph Moscow last December to sign a three-year, $15.8 million deal with Oklahoma City after "havingissues." Boston Globe

[h2]Hawks Looking To Trade JoshSmith[/h2]
Jun 15, 2009 4:05 PM EST

atl_40.gif
The Hawks have reportedly been working hard to find a taker for forward Josh Smith in recent weeks.

Atlanta is in a tough situation financially, as both Mike Bibby and Marvin Williams are free agents.

Smith has a history of disagreements with coach Mike Woodson, and would likely be coveted on the trade market.

However, there is a $6 million trade kicker attached to his contract, which could scare some teams off.

"You are going to see very few owners willing to do things like that anymore," one GM said. "I'm not sayinghe's impossible to trade. There are a few owners like Paul Allen, James Dolan, Mark Cuban and maybe Daniel Gilbert who would pay the money. But therearen't many."

Via ESPN

Atlanta Hawks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]
Suns Interested In Luol Deng
[/h2]
Jun 15, 2009 4:19 PM EST

phx_40.gif
Another scenario that would see Shaquille O'Neal leaving Phoenix would be a trade with Chicago involving Luol Deng.

The Arizona Republic wrote late Sunday of a rumor that involved the Suns getting Deng, Tim Thomas and another player for O'Neal.

The Bulls would be able to make a little noise in the East with O'Neal in the paint, while also freeing up cap room for 2010. That would allow them to make a play for Chicago native Dwyane Wade or another member of the class.

Phoenix originally selected Deng in the 2004 NBA Draft as part of a trade with Chicago.

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns, Chicago Bulls

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Source: Suns Won't JustGive Shaq Away[/h2]
Jun 15, 2009 3:57 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The Suns aren't willing to give Shaquille O'Neal away in a trade to simply save money, according to sources.

Phoenix could save roughly $10 million in cap space by trading O'Neal to Cleveland in the rumored Sasha Pavlovic/Ben Wallacescenario.

Wallace is considering retirement.

The Suns were interested in Delonte West when the two clubs discussed a deal this past winter, but the Cavaliers weren't willingto part with the guard.

Via ESPN

Phoenix Suns

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Kobe May Opt Out[/h2]
Bryant_Kobe_lal_090609b.jpg

Jun 15, 2009 11:30 AM EST

lal_40.gif
A report from the Los Angeles Times indicated that Kobe Bryant could opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent July1st.

Bryant conceivably could depart the Lakers for another team, but that scenario appears highly unlikely.

The club's long term outlook as a perennial title contender will affect his decision, according to sources that spoke with the LosAngeles Times.

The report from the Los Angeles Times indicated that a maximum 'extension' would be for five years and $135million.

Bryant is not eligible for a full extension because of the Over-36 rule. The cutoff date is October 1st and Bryant's birthday isAugust 23rd, meaning Bryant could potentially miss out on more than $30 million by just under 40 days.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Los Angeles Lakers

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback BuyTickets

I don't know why these news sites report stuff like 24 possibly opting out.

We all know DAMN WELL he's not going anywhere.
laugh.gif

Part of it is because the thing he SAID he would do was opt out and take less money to help us with Odom and Ariza.

Laker fans waitin to see if that does indeed happen.

It better.

As a 2nd option of course TURKOGLU would fit well alongside LEBRON ....IMO

Hes big, clutch, and can create his own shot...

I'm not familiar with the CAV's financial situation, but could they afford to pay him....???

JUST CURIOS.......

Sheed with the Magic is not a good fit, and honestly I can't think of a team off the top of my head where he WOULD be a good fit.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Part of it is because the thing he SAID he would do was opt out and take less money to help us with Odom and Ariza.

Laker fans waitin to see if that does indeed happen.

It better.

Kobe said that?

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

sports talk around here say the sheed would be a nice fit for orlando and the magic should try..whats your thoughts?
Another perimeter big men?.. Nice
laugh.gif

They need someone who can create shots or attracts double team other than D12..

Originally Posted by MJsaver

I'm not familiar with the CAV's financial situation, but could they afford to pay him....???

JUST CURIOS.......
I don't think we can, but forget going after Shaq, put all the money we can together to get this guy

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Sheed with the Magic is not a good fit, and honestly I can't think of a team off the top of my head where he WOULD be a good fit.
I'd take him in Boston in a heartbeat but that's not going to work out financially.

Suns Interested In Luol Deng
Jun 15, 2009 4:19 PM EST

phx_40.gif
Another scenario that would see Shaquille O'Neal leaving Phoenix would be a trade with Chicago involving Luol Deng.

The Arizona Republic wrote late Sunday of a rumor that involved the Suns getting Deng, Tim Thomas and another player for O'Neal.

The Bulls would be able to make a little noise in the East with O'Neal in the paint, while also freeing up cap room for 2010. That would allow them to make a play for Chicago native Dwyane Wade or another member of the class.

Phoenix originally selected Deng in the 2004 NBA Draft as part of a trade with Chicago.

GET THAT #@@$!$$ TRADE DOWN NOW

sheed doesnt work for the magic

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Originally Posted by MJsaver

JUST CURIOS.......
I don't think we can, but forget going after Shaq, put all the money we can together to get this guy

I agree too. he'll help lebron immensely. hedo and bron can play 2 and 3 interchangeably and that will be a matchup nightmare for any team.

What would be more fun to see?

Sheed and D12 fooling around before games or Sheed and SVG getting into it in an important situation/game?
roll.gif

the suns need new uniforms

everytime i see a rumor about somebody goin to the Suns i be like " they'd look horrible in a suns uniform"

them things are horrible

Hedo would be a good fit, I think that's undeniable. Still, I would be surprised if Hedo goes anywhere, especially the Cavs.

Josh Smith now on the trade block? This summer and next are going to be very, very interesting gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom