NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

To me, isn't Josh a little like Lamar Odom?

When he's on, he's great, but he tends to go away for long stetches.

I've never seen Josh at the end of games, just clear the floor, gimme the damn ball, get the hell out the way, let's go.

Whereas, I seen Manu do that plenty of times.

Now I know Josh got Dirk in the way of his glory, but Manu got Tim. And Manu still gets things done. He can create off the dribble, get to the hole, get thefoul, or step back and knock down a 3, or even break a guy down and make the pass to lead to a bucket.
Josh isn't breaking anybody down like Manu. He isn't making the pass that leads to the bucket. He isn't gettting a ton of fouls and shootin lategame free throws.

Josh hits a lotta 20 footers, and some pick and roll stuff and can finish around the cup and what not, but Manu can do anything on the floor at a given time. I don't see Josh with that kinda game.

indifferent.gif
howard is not every bit as good as manu.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

indifferent.gif
howard is not every bit as good as manu.

For the same reasons CP basically posted. I mean Manu's game is just fluent. Howard does most of his damage inside the 3-point circle. I'm knocking theguy and think he's a good player, but I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Manu.

didnt ginobli win a gold medal, as the best player on his team, and win an NBA championship? oh right he did, in the same year

and Josh? disappeared whenever he played a meaningful game in the post-season? oh right

Josh and Manu have a similar skill set, but Manu makes much better use of his than Josh, Manu has eliminated playoff contenders, he avg 20-5-5 off the bench,Josh earned a big contract by playing well, thats it, thats all hes ever done

Let's just settle this argument. Josh Howard and Manu have similar skill sets, but what separates them are intangibles. Plus Manu is more elusive whenattacking the rim.

By no means do I mean to knock Josh like he can't play, I'm just sayin he ain't on Manu's level.

Josh is a great #3 guy, but he is not going help a team if he is the second best player on the roster. (of course, if not for Salvatore, this might be a mootpoint)

Manu is a guy that can be the second best player, and the team still does well.

Look at it this way, if you were offered Manu for Josh with even salaries, everybody would make that deal. But if you had Manu, would you trade him straightup for Josh Howard?

No way.

The Magic, meanwhile, were motivated to join in the trade because their participation, as opposed to merely letting Turkoglu walk, will create a valuable tradeexception they can use in future deals worth around $7 million.

eek.gif

Imagine if they use that midseason to get a valuable chip to deepen their bench

So the Blazers wont please Roy w/5th year but Riles would give his left __ to sign Wade to an extention this offseason
smh.gif

When has Manu ever been the second best player on the Spurs... Be serious...

I don't know that'd I'd trade Josh for Manu, honestly... Manu is three years older, is coming off basically the same kinda ankle issues Josh is,and he's got way more miles on his legs... Just don't know that I trust him to be healthy and/or carry a big load...

I've said all along Josh is a great #3 and a sub-par #2 (Mavs have two of those in Terry and Josh, maybe three now with Marion), but acting like if wetraded Josh and Manu the past would be much different for the Spurs and Mavs... I just don't see it...

You's my dude, but as stated, Mavs fans know this better than anybody, Josh Howard gets ghost in the big games, crunch time. Dude puts up the quieteststats. Manu impacts the game, with his attacking the rack, something Josh doesn't do, and even if he flops, Manu does work on the defensive end, anotherthing Josh doesn't really do.

When Manu plays, nobody smh's at his effort/play. With Josh, there's a lot of smh'ing, as, he should be better than he is. He has the skillset, butdoesn't utilize it to its full potential.

Originally Posted by franchise3

You's my dude, but as stated, Mavs fans know this better than anybody, Josh Howard gets ghost in the big games, crunch time. Dude puts up the quietest stats. Manu impacts the game, with his attacking the rack, something Josh doesn't do, and even if he flops, Manu does work on the defensive end, another thing Josh doesn't really do.

When Manu plays, nobody smh's at his effort/play. With Josh, there's a lot of smh'ing, as, he should be better than he is. He has the skillset, but doesn't utilize it to its full potential.
co sign.... as much as i hate manu... i gotta give the dude his props for the effort he puts in....

I still can't believe they gave Vareajo all that money.

I see atleast 6 PFs on that free agent list I'd take over Carlito, most of which won't cost nearly as much as him.
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by heat23

So the Blazers wont please Roy w/5th year but Riles would give his left __ to sign Wade to an extention this offseason
smh.gif
Blazers never let me down. They always screw themselves one way or another.
pimp.gif

They'll get the deals done, trust that, the public pressure and outrage over the two most precious young Blazers will force their hands and they'll getit worked out eventually. This joint would riot if they lose their hero in Roy.

i dont see what is wrong with offering Roy a 4 year deal you can always change it to 5 if he says no, its not big deal at all

In that article about the Grizz-Mavs-Raps deal, they were talking about OKC just holding on to their cap space to give extensions to their current players. Now, I hope that doesn't mean Presti is a cheap GM right?
eyes.gif

who is out there for him to sign? OKC has said many of times they will not spend money just to spend it, this is not memphis where ever other daythere is a rumor of them signing someone, OCK has said since day 1 they will not throw away money just to say they signed someone

Knowing that Memphis has a chance to back out of the Randolph deal, I would rather continue to weigh my options.

Clippers need us, we don't need them. If we were to wait it out the rest of the off-season, they would still be willing to trade us Z-Bo. The value of guys like Lee and Millsap are lowering due to the fact that no one is really offering them anything. They want too much money. I would like to see Memphis go after Odom and they can definitely offer him what he wants as long as its short-term. Maybe a 4-year deal with the last year being a team/player option.
there you go again thinking like a homer
You's my dude, but as stated, Mavs fans know this better than anybody, Josh Howard gets ghost in the big games, crunch time. Dude puts up the quietest stats. Manu impacts the game, with his attacking the rack, something Josh doesn't do, and even if he flops, Manu does work on the defensive end, another thing Josh doesn't really do.

When Manu plays, nobody smh's at his effort/play. With Josh, there's a lot of smh'ing, as, he should be better than he is. He has the skillset, but doesn't utilize it to its full potential.
and THIS

for like the last 2 years all i have seen is mavs fans bash the hell out of howard and say he needs to go, now he is better then manu?

Think big picture though Mike, they have said from day one that they would take care of Roy and LA when their extensions came up, they have known for over ayear now that Roy especially would be a max deal. Everybody knows that, hell Pritch has even talked openly about it. He said they would do it when the timecame.

Now he's out here throwin 50 mil at Turk, tryna get Milsap, flirtin with Odom or Bass, talkin about Lee, or Andre Miller and on and on and on, and whileRoy sits and waits for his MAX deal, Pritch tries to come in with a lower year offer? With all the money he's tryna toss around, he wants to lowball theirbest player? To Roy Mike, thas a big deal, that's a decent sized slight don'tcha think?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and THIS

for like the last 2 years all i have seen is mavs fans bash the hell out of howard and say he needs to go, now he is better then manu?

You need to read...

Ain't anybody said a damn thing about him being better than Manu... Only that there's not any substantial gap between the two...

Originally Posted by CP1708

Think big picture though Mike, they have said from day one that they would take care of Roy and LA when their extensions came up, they have known for over a year now that Roy especially would be a max deal. Everybody knows that, hell Pritch has even talked openly about it. He said they would do it when the time came.

Now he's out here throwin 50 mil at Turk, tryna get Milsap, flirtin with Odom or Bass, talkin about Lee, or Andre Miller and on and on and on, and while Roy sits and waits for his MAX deal, Pritch tries to come in with a lower year offer? With all the money he's tryna toss around, he wants to lowball their best player? To Roy Mike, thas a big deal, that's a decent sized slight don'tcha think?

i get your point agree with u for the most part, its just at the end of the day we all know that deal will be at 5 wont hurt to offer a 4 year and see if hetakes it

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by CP1708

Think big picture though Mike, they have said from day one that they would take care of Roy and LA when their extensions came up, they have known for over a year now that Roy especially would be a max deal. Everybody knows that, hell Pritch has even talked openly about it. He said they would do it when the time came.

Now he's out here throwin 50 mil at Turk, tryna get Milsap, flirtin with Odom or Bass, talkin about Lee, or Andre Miller and on and on and on, and while Roy sits and waits for his MAX deal, Pritch tries to come in with a lower year offer? With all the money he's tryna toss around, he wants to lowball their best player? To Roy Mike, thas a big deal, that's a decent sized slight don'tcha think?

i get your point agree with u for the most part, its just at the end of the day we all know that deal will be at 5 wont hurt to offer a 4 year and see if he takes it

Do you know without the shadow of a doubt that it wont hurt? Roy's camp could say eff it........let's let the deal expire and become a free agent. Thatwhen the riots come in when he signs w/another team.

When Josh is healthy he is really good but he aint no Manu. However its not leaps and bounds like yall are trying to make it.

Back
Top Bottom