NBA Planning to Purchase the New Orleans Hornets

Originally Posted by blakmn89

still neva understand y da hornets franchise moved 2 New Orleans???

Owner did several things that the people of Charlotte didn't like, including him getting caught having an affair.

He lost his high standing from the fans and they stopped showing up to games even when the team was winning. Shinn stayed away from the fans and even went as far as not attending games.

This was all after Charlotte led the league in attendance for several years. After all the events with Shinn Charlotte was towards the bottom of the league in attendance for the last few years even when the team was making the playoffs year in and year out, so of course it was easy for him to get the owners to vote in his favor to relocate the team.

Owner did several things that the people of Charlotte didn't like, including him getting caught having an affair.

He lost his high standing from the fans and they stopped showing up to games even when the team was winning. Shinn stayed away from the fans and even went as far as not attending games.

This was all after Charlotte led the league in attendance for several years. After all the events with Shinn Charlotte was towards the bottom of the league in attendance for the last few years even when the team was making the playoffs year in and year out, so of course it was easy for him to get the owners to vote in his favor to relocate the team.

Originally Posted by woody2626

As if an owner's dirty laundry is a valid reason to stop supporting your team.
eyes.gif

I'm more interested in the other things he did to piss off the fanbase. Anybody want to give details?

eyes.gif

I'm more interested in the other things he did to piss off the fanbase. Anybody want to give details?

Originally Posted by Law3001

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

So steal a team from New Orleans and take em back to Seattle? How does anyone win here? $$%$ Seattle, everyone talking like they miss something about seattle. They were garbage for years and they never did anything relevant besides draft Durant. If it means taking a team from a city that was struck with hard times and negligence 5 years ago, THAN NO. The NBA is finally doing a good job. Keep that team in NO.

indifferent.gif

No wonder your father left...

eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Law3001

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

So steal a team from New Orleans and take em back to Seattle? How does anyone win here? $$%$ Seattle, everyone talking like they miss something about seattle. They were garbage for years and they never did anything relevant besides draft Durant. If it means taking a team from a city that was struck with hard times and negligence 5 years ago, THAN NO. The NBA is finally doing a good job. Keep that team in NO.

indifferent.gif

No wonder your father left...

eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

eyes.gif

True, as i was only 12 when the team left.

This was taken from the Charlotte Observer from George Shinn, aside from his affairs he was on trial for sexual assault

Now, Shinn says the team would likely still be in Charlotte had he acted differently when his personal life became the center of a controversy that engulfed the once-beloved team, leading to a move to New Orleans in 2002.

“If you embrace the city, the city will embrace you,

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

eyes.gif

True, as i was only 12 when the team left.

This was taken from the Charlotte Observer from George Shinn, aside from his affairs he was on trial for sexual assault

Now, Shinn says the team would likely still be in Charlotte had he acted differently when his personal life became the center of a controversy that engulfed the once-beloved team, leading to a move to New Orleans in 2002.

“If you embrace the city, the city will embrace you,

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by E3LAL

In an article I read about this, the point was for them to keep them in NOLA.

Edit:

It's believed that the NBA's intent would be to try to secure a buyer willing and able to keep the franchise in New Orleans now that Shinn's anticipated sale to minority partner Gary Chouest has apparently collapsed.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...onsidering_purchase_of_hornets/#ixzz17G2pEOSv

But they don't see that
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by E3LAL

In an article I read about this, the point was for them to keep them in NOLA.

Edit:

It's believed that the NBA's intent would be to try to secure a buyer willing and able to keep the franchise in New Orleans now that Shinn's anticipated sale to minority partner Gary Chouest has apparently collapsed.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...onsidering_purchase_of_hornets/#ixzz17G2pEOSv

But they don't see that
eyes.gif

New Orleans isn't big enough to support a basketball team nor is it a basketball city...Move that team to Seattle.

New Orleans isn't big enough to support a basketball team nor is it a basketball city...Move that team to Seattle.

George Shinn committed those indecent acts in the Bible belt South. Charlotte fans loved the Hornets, but Shinn alienated them, plus he didn't make much of an effort to stabilize those great Hornet teams, by penny pinching when the salary boom of the mid 90's came to fruition. Only Larry Johnson got/earned a big pay day during the Shinn Regime in Charlotte (12 yrs 84 million dollars)

George Shinn committed those indecent acts in the Bible belt South. Charlotte fans loved the Hornets, but Shinn alienated them, plus he didn't make much of an effort to stabilize those great Hornet teams, by penny pinching when the salary boom of the mid 90's came to fruition. Only Larry Johnson got/earned a big pay day during the Shinn Regime in Charlotte (12 yrs 84 million dollars)

Seattle Attendance Record From 2001 up until they relocated:

2001 - 17th
2002 - 21st
2003 - 20th
2004 - 23rd
2005 - 21st
2006 - 23rd
2007 - 25th
2008 - 28th

Now please tell me why Seattle so overwhelmingly deserves another bball team oppose to N.O.

Seattle Attendance Record From 2001 up until they relocated:

2001 - 17th
2002 - 21st
2003 - 20th
2004 - 23rd
2005 - 21st
2006 - 23rd
2007 - 25th
2008 - 28th

Now please tell me why Seattle so overwhelmingly deserves another bball team oppose to N.O.

Originally Posted by 951guero

Send them to San Diego

it'll ease the sting from losing the Chargers...i think we could do alright with an MLB and NBA team...the Hornets almost came here instead of OKC that one year...

but I would really like them to go to Seattle...

Originally Posted by 951guero

Send them to San Diego

it'll ease the sting from losing the Chargers...i think we could do alright with an MLB and NBA team...the Hornets almost came here instead of OKC that one year...

but I would really like them to go to Seattle...

Back
Top Bottom