NBA Players Back @ School...Thoughts?

kl9

Durant_Kevin_ncaa.jpg
NBA players like Kevin Durant, JeffGreen and Russell Westbrook enrolled in college classes this off-season to advance their education. The union reports that about 45 players went back toschool.

The players' decision is an encouraging sign that athletes are taking their post-playing careers seriously.

It's also created excitement on campus.

"One kid started yelling my name, and it felt weird because I was sitting down trying to pay attention and everyone else in the classroom startedlooking at me like, 'What's going on?' " Green said. "My teacher handled it well. He just went and closed the door and went about hislesson."
nd went about his lesson."

http://realgm.com/src_wir...rs_going_back_to_school/

Kinda cool imo.

Good for them...the NBA will come and go...a college degree will be with you forever.

I too think it is smart.

Not only is it good for themselves, but I think it sends out quite a positive message to the younger generation.

these are the dudes who will hopefully be smart with their money and be just as successful off the court. good on them for believing in education and followingthrough with their goals.

Props,

because i know if i was talented as Durant, making millions, college would be in my past.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

these are the dudes who will hopefully be smart with their money and be just as successful off the court. good on them for believing in education and following through with their goals.

Good decision because we see how many of these dudes lose there money right after they are done. Hopefully by getting that education they will learn how tospend money more wisely and realize they can't live the balling lifestyle forever.

Good for them to back to school.

If I was in the NBA making millions, I probably go back to school too to learn about business, etc.

If I went to Georgetown, UCLA, Stanford, UCONN, etc. I'd want to get a degree from there too...Really is a great sense of accomplishment.

Edit: like dude above i'd probably major in like business management or advertising to protect their earnings and advertising for that tv analyst after theplaying career is done.

good for them

I'll be honest if I was a player of Durant's caliber(making millions/year), I would not even think of going back to school(besides taking some moneymangement type classes)

i wonder if their former schools actually accepted them back being that they only got in because of scholorships... well not everyone but majority...

good idea
"One kid started yelling my name, and it felt weird because I was sitting down trying to pay attention and everyone else in the classroom started looking at me like, 'What's going on?' " Green said.
laugh.gif
in class though?

Originally Posted by HighRep87

they going back for the chicks

damn same thing I was thinking. Wonder how long it'll take em to graduate conisering they're prob only taking 6-9 credits a summer. Dudes need to findonline classes asap.

Nice.

They're bringing in the big bucks right now, but all of these players have to know that they are just a career-threatening injury away from everythingbeing flushed down the toilet. I'm glad that some of them are stepping forward and pursuing this.

Originally Posted by I LOVE my Jordans

i wonder if their former schools actually accepted them back being that they only got in because of scholorships... well not everyone but majority...

when you can pay for you classes in one check, they wont turn you away
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom