NBA Rookie Watch

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Rose more athletic than Nate Baron?
indifferent.gif
IMO of course
I'm not talking about Baron now, of course. I'm talking Early UCLA-Hornet pre other knee injury BD.
Baron was more so "quick" than fast. Rose is a damn gazelle.
True. I guess.

Baron was explosive though.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Rose more athletic than Nate Baron?
indifferent.gif
IMO of course
I'm not talking about Baron now, of course. I'm talking Early UCLA-Hornet pre other knee injury BD.

I know, and Baron was NEVER on DRose level when it comes to athleticism/explosiveness....Never

Warriors rookies last night ( 3/17)
Morrow- 20 pts- 8-12fg, 4-7 3pt fg, 3 rebounds 2 assist
Randolph- 14 pts- 6-9 fg, 6 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal ( in 25 minutes )

Originally Posted by Chris Paul 3

Originally Posted by CasperJr

pooh stat line tonight

12-14, 25 Pts
6 Rebs, 3 Assists

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
yep, he was feeling it

I don't really follow him or the bulls but 3 assists?

Is he still a point guard for this team?

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by Chris Paul 3

Originally Posted by CasperJr

pooh stat line tonight

12-14, 25 Pts
6 Rebs, 3 Assists

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
yep, he was feeling it

I don't really follow him or the bulls but 3 assists?

Is he still a point guard for this team?
I think a big reason for his lack of assists is that two of his teammates that shoot a lot like to get their own shots off the dribble (Salmonsand BG). He's still averaging 6 assists per game though. Not bad for a rookie... or for any point guard for that matter. But yeah, Derrick Rose gets up. Dude got springs off of two feet or one foot.

beasley...21 points... 7 rebounds.... 2 assist... 31min.. 10-18...
chalmers.... 19 points... 4 rebounds.... 9 assist... 2 steals....

Stats from tonight

J. Thompson 12-11-2 3stls

D. Greene 5-6-3

D.J. 9-3-3

Chalmers 19-4-9 2stls

Beasley 21-7-2

Rudy 13-3-1

Westbrook 15-2-6

Rose 25-6-3

Quick side note. Game between top two ROY contenders in many eyes. Rose was feelin nice and his jumper was wet. Only negative for rose was twice as manyturnovers as assists which is rare for him. Only shot two free throws as well but he did not need to assert himself at the rim with the way he was shooting.

C. Lee 13-1-2

J. Alexander 8-4-1

O.J. 16-3-2 2stls

Gasol 9-8-3

D. Arthur 10-7-1 4stls 5blks

Love 23-11

McGee 13-4-2 2blks

Gordon 26-1-6 3stls

My Rookie of the Night goes to

Brook Lopez 23-5-8 3stls 3blks

Originally Posted by JaFlash

also forgot to add

CDR who had 14-2-7-3-1

Thanks for posting this. Glad to see my man is finally showing some production.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

beasley...21 points... 7 rebounds.... 2 assist... 31min.. 10-18...
chalmers.... 19 points... 4 rebounds.... 9 assist... 2 steals....
Mike Beasley woulda had damn near 40 if his teammates woulda just gave him the ball every trip

Rose pretty much locked up ROY with that game. Both guys went into it knowing that they were 1-2 in the rookie rankings and that people would be watching.

Rose came out on top

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Westbrook 15-2-6

Rose 25-6-3

Quick side note. Game between top two ROY contenders in many eyes. Rose was feelin nice and his jumper was wet. Only negative for rose was twice as many turnovers as assists which is rare for him. Only shot two free throws as well but he did not need to assert himself at the rim with the way he was shooting.

The thing thats bothering me about Pooh of late is that he's been one sided... either he's scoring or he's assisting, when in the beginning of theyr he was able to do both. I'm not sure whether I should attest that to his team not finishing (because thats definitely been known to happen even thoughhe puts them in perfect position to score) thus him feeling that he has to score in order for them to have a chance or him trying to find a balance with thisnew squad.

Either way I'm sure he'll put them both together by next season and will be even better. His mid range game has looked very good over the course ofthee entire season, minus a few bumps and dry spells. Can't wait until he improves his range, that's going to be scary
pimp.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Beasley Kisses, (A-Rod Style)[/h3]
Figured that headline might draw you into the blog.

Not that we're sensationalizing anything. Heat rookie forward Michael Beasley did pucker up quite a few times after the team's practice Thursday at the New Jersey Nets training facility.

While A-Rod is making headlines for a magazine photo that caught him standing in front of a floor-to-ceiling mirror appearing to kiss the image of himself, Beasley found another target: The rim.

Yes, the rim.

Showing off the athleticism many skeptics questioned he had, Beasley went berserk Thursday, throwing down monster dunks after practice for no reason in particular. At one point, Beasley jumped, switched the ball from his left to his right hand between his legs, and flushed it as his teammates looked on.

Then, he got the idea that he needed to really show his hops. So he started going around to all of the courts, attempting several times to jump into the air and kiss the rim - proving that he could get his head at rim level. Freakish athletic stuff, right?

A few months ago, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra prompted Beasley to use that jumping ability to pull down a few more rebounds in games. Let's just say Beasley was in a jumpy mood Thursday.

I kept trying to tell them little yentas that he was a ridiculous athlete but doesn't show it all time. Every time I read something on hereabout him "not being that athletic" I just shake my head. I've seen him do some RIDICULOUS +!$# in high school. I myself...wonders why hedoesn't always show it but that's been the story of his life. He picks and chooses when to show +!$#.

Nobody can deny the boy has talent, and loads of it... Its just been exhibited sparringly, largely to his minutes.

The Chicago Bulls have announced the launch of a new web site, www.DRoseROY.com, to promote point guard Derrick Rose for 2008-09 NBA Rookie of the Year honors.

The web site, which includes Rose's accomplishments and accolades, quotations from players and coaches across the league, video and extensive photo galleries, makes the case for the Chicago native as the NBA's best first-year player.

In conjunction with those efforts, approximately 120 media members who will vote on the NBA Rookie of the Year will receive a mailing in early April that further illustrates that life with Derrick Rose gives the Bulls a better outlook for the future-one that is "Rosy," some might say.

"We are extremely fortunate to have Derrick Rose as a part of our organization," said Bulls Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations John Paxson. "He's obviously an integral part of our future, and the sky is the limit for a player of his ability and character. In an impressive class of rookies, it's clear that Derrick has established himself as the cream of the crop, and he'd be very deserving of Rookie of the Year honors."

Rose, averaging 16.5 ppg, 6.2 apg and 3.7 rpg in 36.8 mpg (games played through March 18), was selected with the first overall pick in the NBA Draft 2008. The 6-3, 190-pound guard has also started in all of Chicago's 67 games this season.

Chris Paul on Derrick Rose:
"I think he's a lot faster than me and a lot more explosive than me and he's a lot more athletic. I should be asking what I see myself in him. I think he's adjusted to the game very well."
Straight from the horses mouth.

This dude EG has been playing tremendously well for the Clippers
pimp.gif

Mind the sig but I also root for the Clippers
laugh.gif

Has anyone else but me looking at EG I mean I been watching him play and I seen such Improvements as for as Leading the Clippers and
making good plays he was on fire in the 4th quarter against the Pistons earlier today
pimp.gif

Eric is definitely in my Favorites List of 08-09
pimp.gif

Here are some stats from tonight

B. Rush 11-6-3

Chalmers 10-3-5

Beasley 17-4-2

B. Lopez 15-7-0 2blks

CDR 18-4-2

J. Thompson 18-12-2

Gordon 22-2-1

Westbrook 22-3-4