NBA Western Conference Playoffs - Nuggets vs. Jazz (Jazz Lead 3-2) Game 6 -ESPN- 10:30pm FRIDAY

melo is the only one putting work for his team, this playoffs is just unwatchable for me too much flopping, the thing that got me was game 2 of the series back to back flops by nene and korver

smh.gif

Originally Posted by shaqtus92

laugh.gif
 Anyone else hear that dude yelling?

i heard some guy yelling stuff at Smith.
laugh.gif

the nuggets took too many forced shots. plus, boozer ate nene.
eyes.gif

Nobody wants to admit it, but Chauncey is a big part of the problem too. This man's shot selection is horrible, and he's been straight up NEGLECTING Carmelo at times throughout the season.

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Nobody wants to admit it, but Chauncey is a big part of the problem too. This man's shot selection is horrible, and he's been straight up NEGLECTING Carmelo at times throughout the season.
Agreed.

Everyone thought Chauncey was such a great addition over Iverson. And yet, Denver hasn't even been able to get much further with Chauncey there instead of AI. (I admit, Chauncey helped get them to the WCF. Can't hate on him too hard).

Someone said it earlier in the thread that Melo probably regrets signing that extension. And I definitely agree with that. Cuz he could have had some leverage to try and force Denver to make some moves.

Melo in Miami with Wade would be nice.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

Agreed.

Everyone thought Chauncey was such a great addition over Iverson. And yet, Denver hasn't even been able to get any further with Chauncey there instead of AI.

Someone said it earlier in the thread that Melo probably regrets signing that extension. And I definitely agree with that. Cuz he could have had some leverage to try and force Denver to make some moves.

Melo in Miami with Wade would be nice.
Weren't they in the West finals last year?

Originally Posted by hellomarco

and mr.big shot is also aging
indifferent.gif
That's one of his biggest problems...I swear that has to be the worst nickname ever, dude hasn't hit a clutch shot in since 2003
laugh.gif
.  He still thinks he is their go to guy in the final seconds, I believe in game 2 of the series, dude took an awful pull-up 3 with about about a minute left and plenty of time on the shot clock.

a shame melo not getting any love and earl is an idiot calling melo out like that
eyes.gif

the west is crazy stacked and its about match ups

i almost forgot k-mart choked in the 4th quarter. he attempted a one-handed put back dunk but ended up throwing the ball outside
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

dude took an awful pull-up 3
He always does that.

This series is on everybody, can't pick out players to blame

THE WHOLE TEAM. Yes, Melo too.

Agreed...While I think it is unfair to put 'Melo in the headcase category, he is never a guy who I would want as the "leader," of my team.  He can be the best player definitly, but I don't think he has the type of personality where he was meant to direct and control his teammates.

Melo seems like he is on track to become the Bernard King of this generation if the comparison makes any sense.

That being said I wouldn't mind seeing him in Orange and Blue in a couple years
nerd.gif

A few months ago Chauncey Billups on an ABC feature said his all around game makes him the best point guard in the league. The Jazz just pulled a 3-1 lead on Denver last night. A lot of the success of the Jazz is attributed to their starting point guard. It is obvious who the better point guard is in this series.

the jazz seems to have no problems with okur injured. i thought it was going to be a major problem for them.
laugh.gif

Im a Jazz fan, but the nuggets would probably be my second favorite team. Its ridiculous that Melo is getting all of these foul calls. He is doing everything he can out there and hes getting screwed every time. I expected a lot more from JR Smith this series. Nene too, especially after Memo went down. I think the nuggets really miss a guy like Dahntay Jones, he would guard deron last year and be physical with him and get him off track.

To be fair, Anthony doesn't do much to help his own cause. When Kobe Bryantgets bumped too hard, he reacts demonstratively to get the referees'attention. Often, it works. Anthony said he is not interested in thattype of tactic.

"I don't know how to do that," he said."It's not in my nature. I don't know how to play like that. I don'treally know what Kobe does out there."

Anthony has donelittle to cultivate relationships with officials, either. The Nuggetshave a well-earned reputation for physical play, but they also rankamong the league's biggest complainers. Opposing coaches say diplomacyis a foreign concept to most Nuggets players, Anthony included, andwhile a civil relationship with officials isn't a requirement -- "Afoul is a foul," Billups said -- the human factor can't be overlooked.

"You just can't yell at [referees] all the time and expect to get calls," a Western Conference assistant coach said. "You think Rasheed Wallace gets the same calls as Jason Kidd?"

Added Denver interim coach Adrian Dantley:"Maybe he should 'play the game' [with officials]. I don't know. If youwant to get a lot of calls, you have to do it. When I played, I mighthave gotten hammered, but I didn't say anything to the refs. You arenot going to win the battle with the refs."

Anthony said hehas tried to have more constructive discussions with officials. DuringGame 2, Anthony sought out more explanations for the lack of callsrather than complain about them. But the more he gets whacked and theless the whistle blows, the more irritated he becomes.

"Itgets frustrating sometimes," Anthony said. "Some officials I talk to,they tell me I'm a difficult guy to officiate. But a foul is a foul."

tired.gif

Here is the full article for those who are interested:

http://sportsillustrated....hony.referees/index.html

Originally Posted by SHUGES

To be fair, Anthony doesn't do much to help his own cause. When Kobe Bryantgets bumped too hard, he reacts demonstratively to get the referees'attention. Often, it works. Anthony said he is not interested in thattype of tactic.

"I don't know how to do that," he said."It's not in my nature. I don't know how to play like that. I don'treally know what Kobe does out there."

Anthony has donelittle to cultivate relationships with officials, either. The Nuggetshave a well-earned reputation for physical play, but they also rankamong the league's biggest complainers. Opposing coaches say diplomacyis a foreign concept to most Nuggets players, Anthony included, andwhile a civil relationship with officials isn't a requirement -- "Afoul is a foul," Billups said -- the human factor can't be overlooked.

"You just can't yell at [referees] all the time and expect to get calls," a Western Conference assistant coach said. "You think Rasheed Wallace gets the same calls as Jason Kidd?"

Added Denver interim coach Adrian Dantley:"Maybe he should 'play the game' [with officials]. I don't know. If youwant to get a lot of calls, you have to do it. When I played, I mighthave gotten hammered, but I didn't say anything to the refs. You arenot going to win the battle with the refs."

Anthony said hehas tried to have more constructive discussions with officials. DuringGame 2, Anthony sought out more explanations for the lack of callsrather than complain about them. But the more he gets whacked and theless the whistle blows, the more irritated he becomes.

"Itgets frustrating sometimes," Anthony said. "Some officials I talk to,they tell me I'm a difficult guy to officiate. But a foul is a foul."
tired.gif

Here is the full article for those who are interested:

http://sportsillustrated....hony.referees/index.html

Not a surprise there.  Dude gets hammered all the time.  Too bad the refs don't see the contact against Melo but yet they always see it with LeBron and Wade.

TrueHoop's Kevin Arnovitz

Nuggets not running plays to get others involved

"According to Synergy Sports, the Nuggets have choreographed a pick-and-roll -- then hit the roll man -- 17 times in this series. The results: nine made baskets, six trips to the free throw line and two missed shot attempts. That's an 88.2 percent success rate. Those 17 possessions in sequence is an impressive reel of video. Ball-handlers/passers include Chauncey Billups, Carmelo Anthony, Ty Lawson and J.R. Smith. All the Nuggets bigs are represented among the roll men. Whatever the scenario, the Nuggets score on 15 of the 17 opportunities, which leaves you with one question: Why are the Nuggets running this action only four times per game?"

Back
Top Bottom