NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

I usually like the school girl, Annie, but I'm diggin' her look in the episode. 
pimp.gif

Funniest parts (that I can remember):

- Expression on Annie's face when Abed said "did you see how big his guns were?"

- Pierce's "heart attack"

- "I'm outta here, I have Coldplay tickets"

- Cheerleaders attempted "execution" of Chang

- Fort Pierce

- "The keys are in my shorts... I can get it out, I guess."

- "She's pretty awesome today."

eek.gif
 @ the Luis Guzmán statue being taken down in the preview in the next episode. [Martin]%!+! just got real[/Martin]

Spoiler [+]
2q1b6uq.jpg
21loaae.jpg

Originally Posted by daheadbanda

dont give me credit, found it on another site but, this looked awesome
good find haha. loved tonights episode. now waiting for parks and rec. 

Office at it's worst>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this show.

Gave it chance tonight, I can't see what's so funny about it.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I usually like the school girl, Annie, but I'm diggin' her look in the episode. 
pimp.gif

Funniest parts (that I can remember):

- Expression on Annie's face when Abed said "did you see how big his guns were?"

- Pierce's "heart attack"

- "I'm outta here, I have Coldplay tickets"

- Cheerleaders attempted "execution" of Chang

- Fort Pierce

- "The keys are in my shorts... I can get it out, I guess."

- "She's pretty awesome today."
roll.gif
roll.gif

when annie said "christina reachy"
when will the dean learn! (hopefully never)
loved this ep!

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

You can't just jump into this show and watch it, you have to watch it from the beginning because the show has so many past references that keep coming up.

roll.gif
@ the worst of the Office being better than Community

Get real.. One incredibly over the top concept episode can't be a judge of a series. Not to mention when the Office was bad it was embarrassingly bad.

Episode was awesome, can't wait for next week.. Then I'll give my full judgment.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

You can't just jump into this show and watch it, you have to watch it from the beginning because the show has so many past references that keep coming up.
actually i did, the first ep i ever watched was last seasons pb ep. i'm so happy i did it too
smokin.gif
but before that, i never knew this show existed

Originally Posted by Big J 33

roll.gif
@ the worst of the Office being better than Community

Get real.. One incredibly over the top concept episode can't be a judge of a series. Not to mention when the Office was bad it was embarrassingly bad.

Episode was awesome, can't wait for next week.. Then I'll give my full judgment.
Well, be that as it may, it's still an episode of the show so therefore I can rightfully judge it as a reflection of the series. Outlandishly quirky moments, unique/memorable characters & unorthodox humor>One-liners and over-the-top scenes. 

Definitely enjoyed this episode tonight. My brother even sat in and enjoyed the show very much. Storyline was there and I was surprised that the dude from Lost lasted only that long in the episode...Definitely reminded me of Red Dead Redemption. Hahaha.

I hope part two is much better.
this paintball episode was so much better then last years.
The Office in the other hand, I can't seeing it getting past season 8.
they should've ended it when Pam and Jim got married... that's what the main storyline of the office was anyways.

Annie, my god. Perfection
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Loved tonights episode, I hope there's more Josh Holloway next episode.. he left too quick.

Originally Posted by daheadbanda

dont give me credit, found it on another site but, this looked awesome

I just lost a minute to this gif.
devil.gif

She killed it. She killed every part of it.

Some parts that got me:
"Don't shoot me, shoot him. He's white and out of ammo."

I thought you were dead. (Troy's face)

Ok, Black Rider, now let's see who's attractive.

You have a problem.

He's faking it. Last week he did it to get out of giving me a stick of gum.

The fire behind Abed.
smokin.gif

I'm mad that Troy's dude from Blazing Saddles.
laugh.gif

Anybody notice Anthony Michael Hall from Dead Zone and the Breakfast Club in the open?
eek.gif

Every time I see Garrett and Vicky, ever since the election.
sick.gif
Vicky dancing for twinkies.
roll.gif

And Sawyer. The !*@@ has he been? My dude gave out a nickname and said SoaB. So much Lost swag it's stupid.

Get him on Sons of Anarchy or something.

I think this was better than Modern Warfare, 'buenos dias, children' and all.
nerd.gif

I mean, they manage to squeeze so much into most episodes, that I'm happy they finally got to pace themselves. Makes me wish this show was an hour long. But I know I'm not the only one who went through instant withdrawal when I found out we gotta wait.
mad.gif
Man, !*@@ TV.

Originally Posted by young lad

paintball episode was awesome

tons of good laughs and epic scenes

eek.gif
laugh.gif
when chang got shot down

i was really shocked that Chang was shot down!
i expected him to do something this ep.
mad.gif

Well, be that as it may, it's still an episode of the show so therefore I can rightfully judge it as a reflection of the series. Outlandishly quirky moments, unique/memorable characters & unorthodox humor>One-liners and over-the-top scenes. 

You really can't, though, one episode doesn't represent the entire series especially when this episode is only one example of the type of humor and comedy the show uses. Community has those same things, even if this one episode didn't feature all of that to your liking. Quirky moments? The show was an homage to spaghetti westerns... unique/memorable characters? The Dean, Starburns, Pierce, Abed/Troy, etc.... unorthodox humor? pop culture and meta-references, theme and homage episodes, unique takes on Christmas claymation, a Goodfellas themed episode, a clip show featuring clips that the audience never originally saw, etc.... ALL of those things Community does. Watching one part of the 2nd season finale won't give a newcomer the same impression as starting from the beginning... at least not in this show.

Like what you like, I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.. but to say the worst of the Office is better is absurd
laugh.gif
The Office was beyond awful at it's low points and the writers completely exaggerated all of their characters and the stories were insulting to the audience. 

Damn Magnitude is gonna get shot!

They had Chang go out weak though...especially after last season where he was a beast
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom