NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Show is beyond corny now. I've officially given up, I haven't laughed since early season 2.
Haven't given up yet, but I was pretty disappointed. What were they thinking returning with a Shirley centered episode?

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Show is beyond corny now. I've officially given up, I haven't laughed since early season 2.
Haven't given up yet, but I was pretty disappointed. What were they thinking returning with a Shirley centered episode?

They probably aired the episodes in order of production. They also probably don't dislike Shirley as much as a lot of fans do.

They probably aired the episodes in order of production. They also probably don't dislike Shirley as much as a lot of fans do.

I always miss the first couple minutes
30t6p3b.gif

Blake. 
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

The dean playing "Not Moby" on another show.
laugh.gif

Edit: Meh. Need to come out of the gate a little stronger than these first two episodes back after being sorta cancelled.

This episode is pretty awesome so far.. if only for Britta playing white Michael Jackson.

Great episode. If everyone who was disappointed with the last one and wanted some "blow me away" episode didn't get that feeling from this one then IDK what to say.
Too many hilarious things to mention but obviously Jeffs rampage is #1. Too funny
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Didn't find this ep that funny compared to last weeks. Just didn't laugh a lot although I enjoyed the ep.

I wish we could have seen more of the group as their characters, but we got a funny episode with a good amount of story and future implications.

Troy and Abed's friendship changing, for one. Troy having to look out for Abed and Abed letting Troy make some decisions.. but they didn't do their handshake afterwards. Then the return of the dark timeline Abed
pimp.gif
I love the meta-commentary "this may be too dark and inaccessible... maybe for them" as bizarro Abed looked at the camera. If it doesn't happen next week, I think we should expect Evil Abed to enter into the "real world" which just sounds so ridiculously funny even typing it.

Seeing Jeff at his maximum confidence was hilarious. The women of the group loved it and the Dean was paralyzed at the sight
roll.gif
Plus, Jeff putting on the aviators and saying "Final boarding call for Beefcake Airlines" was the line of the night. Then, turning into the Hulk (with the theme music at the end) was pretty ridiculous, but it worked. Chang also gets his army which will obviously play a role in later episodes... as well as Britta studying Jeff for her class.

i liked this episode! that brief workaholics/community crossover 
pimp.gif

would have liked to see more annie though. 

Enjoyed the episode...Yes, it isn't as funny, but I still think these two episodes have been solid.

I laughed pretty good when Dean became paralyzed at Jeff and also the theme song of the Hulk TV show. Hahaha.

Just discovered this show during the weekend. and I already caught up to tonights episode.
This show is hilarious.

-when the dean saw Jeff for the first time and collapsed...i lost it
-i loved the Hulk Sad song being played when Jeff was on the side of the street in ripped pants

there are some crazy theories that Abed has been using the group as his puppets the whole time

that when he took that personality test he aced it right on purpose.

basically that he is faking it to use the group for his own benefit. like maybe making a movie.

pretty crazy stuff and not far fetched. just very dark

Originally Posted by DubA169

there are some crazy theories that Abed has been using the group as his puppets the whole time

basically that he is faking it to use the group for his own benefit. like maybe making a movie.

I hate theories like this. He's just a delusional, obsessed guy that's obsessed with pop culture and has Asperger's Syndrome . The show isn't that deep, it's just a smart clever (sometimes) comedy with unique characters and that's why I like it. The KoTH theories were the worst.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by DubA169

I hate theories like this. He's just a delusional, obsessed guy that's obsessed with pop culture and has Asperger's Syndrome . The show isn't that deep, it's just a smart clever (sometimes) comedy with unique characters and that's why I like it. The KoTH theories were the worst.
KoTH as in King of The Hill? Explain.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I used to really like this show, but the past couple episodes have done nothing for me. Hopefully that changes in the upcoming episodes
frown.gif

I wouldnt necessarily say they've done 'nothing' for me but if its the extra dose of quirk that you're referring to, I can see your point.

It seems that the writers have really dived into a more whacky (for lack of a better word) formula than in the past where clever dialogue was more of the backbone of the show, with the occasional quirk thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom