NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Of course its not the same show, but that doesn't mean its automatically a worse show. Some people complained 2nd season "its not the same as before" and if it makes it to a 4th season, then people will say "season 4 just isn't the same as the first 3". Writers and directors change or develop, same with the characters and stories.

This show gives the audience a lot of different possibilities each week, I don't think they've done anything drastically worse this season than in the past. Considering how aware the creative team is, I'd say this show is most in tune with what the fans want/don't want and they're not just mailing it in by any means. Maybe people who are dissatisfied have been spoiled by what the show did season 1.. But I don't think there's a consensus disappoint like with the Office.

Very often I think Dan Harmon is a far too up his own *#+ and concerned with what people think about him or the show, but there are times when I approve of his awareness.
This is one of those times.
Via Warming Glow

"I do try many times a season to put Alison in a situation, wardrobe-wise, that I know is going to end up as an animated GIF file! I observe that stuff and the way people are consuming it, because I'm a nerd too and I love to obsess about my favorite TV shows."

finally
smokin.gif

This was a fun ep, not a lot of lulz but it brought those happy laughs.

roll.gif
@ that sexiest man alive vid.

Loved tonight's episode... I even liked Shirley and that's saying something.

Story wise, the only thing I disagreed with was making Troy and Abed too ridiculous. Considering how absurd they were, it was cleaned up quickly so it just seemed cheap to get the plot moving. But everything else I loved. Gillian Jacobs has been on fire as Britta this season, tonight was no exception. Her antagonizing Shirley was done well, and I loved how the hitchhiker backfired on both of them. Pierce was great even by himself, I love Pierce with his wig. And I'm shocked it took this long to pair up the Dean and Jeff and I was not disappointed.

My highlights:
The excessive lengths Jeff went to in order to lie about being sick
roll.gif

The Dean making Jeff order for him at the restaurant
laugh.gif
then singing Kiss From A Rose
I did love the return of the candy cigarettes
When Annie said the pillows weren't arranged properly then Abed said to Shirley, "What did I say?" had me dying

If it wasn't for "Remedial Chaos Theory," this would have been my favorite episode of the season. Too many notable and quotables.
When Jeff and Pelton started singing Seal's Kiss from a Rose I lost it. I remember actually liking that track because it was on the Batman Forever soundtrack (along with some U2 song I was also forced to like).

eek.gif
 @ the Dream-a-torium.

Solid episode. It had me laughing, but not in hysteria or anything.

-Jeff telling the sales rep he was going to try on boot cut jeans, and "later" maybe a blazer instead of going out with her sums his character up completely.
-Pierce losing it, trying to paint the floor
laugh.gif
-Jeff enjoying the karaoke.

How many more episodes are left this season?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Solid episode. It had me laughing, but not in hysteria or anything.

-Jeff telling the sales rep he was going to try on boot cut jeans, and "later" maybe a blazer instead of going out with her sums his character up completely.
-Pierce losing it, trying to paint the floor
laugh.gif
-Jeff enjoying the karaoke.

How many more episodes are left this season?
laugh.gif
His excitement at thinking of trying clothes on later, and the sales rep's facial expression after he said "maybe a blazer"

- The opening with Jeff in the store trying clothes on and talking to the woman was sooooooooo funny
- Dreamatorium...as soon as they opened the door the Inception music should have started playing.
- Kiss From a Rose
pimp.gif

Annie: "Britta don't make jokes, you're bad at them"

Possibly placing it for their summer schedule.. I'll wait to see what Sepinwall says, but it's certainly not a good thing.
brianstelter Brian Stelter

"Community" is definitely NOT cancelled, NYT's Bill Carter says, two cubicles over. NBC says it'll be off the air for only a brief time.

[h1]
[/h1][h2][/h2]
[h2]'Community,' 'Prime Suspect' take a breather[/h2]
By Andrew Wallenstein
NBC unveiled an aggressive reshuffling of its primetime schedule for the midseason Monday, displacing three series from its Thursday lineup.
"Community" and "Prime Suspect" are being removed to make room for the return of "30 Rock" and the introduction of "The Firm." "Whitney" is trading nights with another NBC rookie comedy, "Up All Night," which comes in at 9:30 p.m.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118046108

I figured someone had to go when 30 Rock came back, I just hoped it was Whitney, but that's switching with Up All Night.

Back
Top Bottom