Need Computer help Vol. Graphic Card

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

There's no way in hell your setup should be lagging like that. It could be a few things. What temps are your CPU and GPU getting? What kind of ram do you have? How many fans does your case have?

Don't know how to tell Temps, 4g ram, 3 fans
try installing SIW & check "sensors" to see temps

There's no way in hell your setup should be lagging like that. It could be a few things. What temps are your CPU and GPU getting? What kind of ram do you have? How many fans does your case have?

Originally Posted by airforce416

My CPU is getting 68C and Videocard is 35C

wow, thats kind of high in imo, im only 32C (although i have a way slower cpu then you) + integrated graphics. No one on tomshardware was able to help?

wow, thats kind of high in imo, im only 32C (although i have a way slower cpu then you) + integrated graphics. No one on tomshardware was able to help?

Edit: Maybe you should buy a new pc and donate this one to yuku
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Not a lot of people respond on toms hardware

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Not a lot of people respond on toms hardware

Which 5800 series GPU are you running? 5830? 5850? or 5870? And this is a desktop, correct?
It definitely sounds like your processor is thermal throttling.. If you bought a  prebuilt computer, they usually have horrible stock cooling which could definitely be causing this problem. I run on an i5-750 @ 4.0ghz and a 5770 and I have no problems with lag whatsoever.. SC2 is a very cpu intensive game like people have said before and if your cpu is thermal throttling then that's probably your main cause.. 68 is awfully high for a CPU and 35 is awfully low for the GPU..... Your CPU is definitely powerful enough...

I would try overclock.net for further help.. or you can pm me...

Which 5800 series GPU are you running? 5830? 5850? or 5870? And this is a desktop, correct?
It definitely sounds like your processor is thermal throttling.. If you bought a  prebuilt computer, they usually have horrible stock cooling which could definitely be causing this problem. I run on an i5-750 @ 4.0ghz and a 5770 and I have no problems with lag whatsoever.. SC2 is a very cpu intensive game like people have said before and if your cpu is thermal throttling then that's probably your main cause.. 68 is awfully high for a CPU and 35 is awfully low for the GPU..... Your CPU is definitely powerful enough...

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

its 5830 and ya its a desktop.

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

its 5830 and ya its a desktop.

maybe you got a lot of stuff running in the background or spyware/virus.

run starcraft and play a game. then alt tab out and go to your task manager (ctraltdel). click on the PROCESSES tab and descend the list by CPU. is starcraft taking most of it? are there other programs hogging it?

run starcraft and play a game. then alt tab out and go to your task manager (ctraltdel). click on the PROCESSES tab and descend the list by CPU. is starcraft taking most of it? are there other programs hogging it?

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Theres no virus and its talking most of it with nothing else running

Originally Posted by bangtcg

Theres no virus and its talking most of it with nothing else running

If you google a program called fraps it will run while you're in game and show your framerate. I don't think high temps are causing your lag. If they were really getting up there and you were experience artifacting/black outs/freezing/crashing etc then I'd say its prolly temp but it sounds like driver issue imo.

If you google a program called fraps it will run while you're in game and show your framerate. I don't think high temps are causing your lag. If they were really getting up there and you were experience artifacting/black outs/freezing/crashing etc then I'd say its prolly temp but it sounds like driver issue imo.

3D Graphics Mark
This Computer 1752.7

Graphics 3D - Simple
This Computer 1884.0

Graphics 3D - Medium
This Computer 492.6

Graphics 3D - Complex
This Computer 39.7

Graphics 3D - DirectX 10
This Computer 43.4

PassMark Rating
This Computer 758.6

CPU Mark
This Computer 1438.0

2D Graphics Mark
This Computer 204.5

3D Graphics Mark
This Computer 1752.7

Memory Mark
This Computer 479.1

Disk Mark
This Computer 530.0
does anyone understand this? people from tomshardware told me to use this program and i got this

Back
Top Bottom