Need help with best retro 1-8

dblplay1212

Supporter
I dont really wear J's these days but I wore 1-8 as a kid and I want the colorways I had then in my collection. Looking for the best wearable retro of each of these colorways bc these are the ones I had as a kid.

1 Chicago - 2015?
2 - skip bc they never happened imo
3 WC - 2013?
4 WC - 2016?
5 Metallic - already have 2016
6 Infrared - just picked then up
7 Bourdeax - 2011?
8 Aqua - 2015?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
2015 Chicago is gonna be the best made retro from the range you’re looking at. Maybe the best in general.

2011 Bordeaux?? Lmao
What's better? Serious question.

FWIW these are just going to be for display. Not even going to lace them up. Just want them for nostalgia so I dont care about comfort. Just want closest looking to og.

So you're not wanting to wear them?
Maybe a time or two, but for the most part no. I'll wear the WC3 and maybe the WC4 but that's probably it. I'm an Air Max guy and that's what I wear. I'd like to have the option to wear them if I feel frisky though. They'll mainly be for display and to remind me of my mom bc she really sacrificed to get me those pairs as a kid. I think of her every time I see the Metallic 5s on my shelf in my office.

And what is wrong with the 2011 version? And don't give me the gray midsole. I got a pair and they are really comfortable and look great on feet.

Wrong color midsole is the biggest culprit. Weird *** unbuckle upper, metal tipped laces, no green on the tongue...etc

What's better? Serious question.

FWIW these are just going to be for display. Not even going to lace them up. Just want them for nostalgia so I dont care about comfort. Just want closest looking to og.

2015 Bordeaux

The 2015 are closer to the OG Bordeaux.

They improved the shape of the shoe, the shape of the side panels, they fixed the shape of the vamp by the toebox.

The only nitpicks i had were there midsole was too dark and the grey on the underlays should have been a bit darker.

The Bordeaux 7 was my first Jordan as a kid. The 2015s gave me nostalgia feels, the 2011s did not.

Wrong color midsole is the biggest culprit. Weird *** unbuckle upper, metal tipped laces, no green on the tongue...etc

2015 Bordeaux
The 2015 are closer to the OG Bordeaux.

They improved the shape of the shoe, the shape of the side panels, they fixed the shape of the vamp by the toebox.

The only nitpicks i had were there midsole was too dark and the grey on the underlays should have been a bit darker.

The Bordeaux 7 was my first Jordan as a kid. The 2015s gave me nostalgia feels, the 2011s did not.
This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

The 3s need some work on the elephant print and the overall shape.
The grey on the print isn't dark enough, the "veins" should be dark grey instead of black and they should be thinner. The black cement from 2018 are ok if those things don't matter to you.

The 4s look like a fat guy sat on them. They need a lot of work.

The 5s have been improved, if you look at the shape of the much hated Fresh Prince Grapes, they look pretty close to the OG. I don't mind the missing laces but clearly that's just me. The black metallics were good, the tongue was oddly shiny though.

The 6s are solid. The OGs had harder angels on the side panels, the retros have a more rounded shape but they're fine. Maroons and 2019 infrareds are good.

The 2015 aquas 8s were damn good. Way better than the 2007 version.

Vile.in.Va Vile.in.Va yea my bday is in February and they came out that month so I got a pair every year as a kid for my bday. Mom would stand in line for midnight sales so I'd be the first kid with them at school. Good memory from my childhood. And thats actually the plan. I have a friend that buys pairs in Japan to resell here. He's on the lookout for a pair of all of those for me. I want og and retro side by side of all of them.

I dont really wear J's these days but I wore 1-8 as a kid and I want the colorways I had then in my collection. Looking for the best wearable retro of each of these colorways bc these are the ones I had as a kid.

1 Chicago - 2015?
3 WC - 2013?
4 WC - 2016?
7 Bourdeax - 2011?
8 Aqua - 2015?

Any help would be appreciated.
Chicago 1s: Wait for the next retro. They are not worth the 2015 pair’s resell.
WC 3: 2013, 2011, or even the FTL if you dont mind.
WC 4: 2016
Bordeaux 7: If you want a retro that is pretty much identical to the 92 in regard to materials and colors, the 2015 is the best bet.

1 Chicago - 2015?
3 WC - 2013?
4 WC - 2016?
7 Bourdeax - 2011?
8 Aqua - 2015?

1 Black Toe or Breds - 2016

Is probably the only change I would make. This is a cool essentials list. I personally like BC 3s more than WC but I see theres a lot of dark shoes as you move down that list.

You could swap Bourdeax with hares though.

I prefer the 2007 Aquas over the Remastered pair.

Can we get some in hand pics of these 2015 Bordeaux people are claiming are so amazing?

Yall making me want to cop some bordeauxs. I love those. Only owned the originals though.

Chicago 1's are forever overrated and to add insult to injury, they're not even the real "Chicago 1's", just a safe variant to appease the league. Black Toes are the real Chicago's....

Chicago 1's are forever overrated and to add insult to injury, they're not even the real "Chicago 1's", just a safe variant to appease the league. Black Toes are the real Chicago's....
Didnt know the league had a problem with the Black toes.

Chicago 1s: Wait for the next retro. They are not worth the 2015 pair’s resell.
WC 3: 2013, 2011, or even the FTL if you dont mind.
WC 4: 2016
Bordeaux 7: If you want a retro that is pretty much identical to the 92 in regard to materials and colors, the 2015 is the best bet.

Yeah dbl, wait for the next chi retro that comes out 20 yearsfrom now lol

Back
Top Bottom