Need tax help NOW!!!

Im trying to do my tax teturn on turbo tax in between classes. Has anyone ever used this? Is there anything I should know before doing it?
nerd.gif

dont mean tonthread jack are state returns due tomorrow as well? and im filing a part year so does that mean it just has to be postmarked by today?

Yea, today is the deadline, but i believe if you use turbo tax it gets electronically submitted.

They gave those out for free last year... I was only 18 when I did my 1st one and i really messed it up lol

i just did mine on turbo tax yesterday, takes awhile but make sure you take your time and read the questions...i was close to effin up..lol

Even if you mess up a return you can always amend it. And you have up to 3 years I believe to turn in a 1040x. TurboTax feeds you the answers you need imo.

There only do on the 15th if you owe the Goverment money on your taxes. If your getting money back you have something like 10 years to file them(dont quote meon the years part)

Deadline is tomorrow by midnight, to the OP don't use turbotax, use hrblock.com , if you go to the site from the link on the irs.gov website you mightqualify for a free federal return and you just pay for state if your state requires you file.

I ended up paying $50 to file both, it's easy.

I owed money by the way and I didn't pay it right away, I just selected the option to send check, and if I'm not mistaken the IRS will send me a bill.

I am not a certified tax assistant so please take my advice as word of mouth and not tax consulting.
laugh.gif

Go to congo and never come back, no need to worry about taxes....lol
on the real. i filled using turbo tax 2 years ago, and they let you file electronically the federal for no cost, and the state they were charging me 10 dollarsto file electronically
so i just mailed that in and paid for regular postage, also there will post office opened late just check your area, good luck with that, your not the only onewho is waiting for the last minute....

i cant figure this state out for the life of me... cuz im freaking part-year!

I dont owe any money or anything. If I dont get it done until after the deadline, what will happen?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

you won't get your stimulus if you don't file federal taxes.

So if I'm getting a refund, but I don't fileby today I won't get a stimulus package or can I still file by this week and get a package...not that I already havent file
grin.gif
but you know for a friend.

thanx dirty. i already filed the federal one. and got my refund. so ill look forward to that young stimulus and figure out state next year.

I think IRS is using 04/15 as a deadline for the stimulus package, direct deposits start to go out in May for the stimulus if you used direct deposit to getyour refund.

I used www.taxactonline.com. It cost me 16.95 to eFile federaland state returns. It was pretty simple and quick. My Federal return got rejected initially, but that had nothing to do with the program. It was because mywife just changed her last name and the IRS hadn't updated their database yet.

Back
Top Bottom