Nellygeddon: Mexican Radio Station in SF Has Been Playing 'Hot in Hurr' For TWENTY HOURS

Jason Kidd approves.

d4a826f3_061213-sports-nba-jason-kidd-coach-brooklyn-nets.jpeg

This is called "stunting" and is usually done prior to a MAJOR format change to draw attention.

Wiki: In radio broadcasting, stunting occurs when a station abruptly airs programming that is seemingly uncharacteristic compared to what they normally play. Commonly used as a sort of publicity stunt when a station is about to undergo a major change — such as a change in format, branding, frequency, ownership or management, or even the acquisition of a high-profile new program — the tactic is intended to generate a greater amount of media and audience attention, by virtue of its shock value, than a straightforward format change.

From Reddit....

"There was a station in Wisconsin that played "Louie Louie" for 3 days straight, but unfortunately the guy that owned the station was just crazy."

"There was one in Madison where the DJ, johnny danger, 'locked himself in the studio' and played 'I'm too sexy' over and over for hours." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"In Calgary in 2012 on December 21 a radio station played Its The End Of The World by REM for 18 hours straight, not for stunting, but for hilarity"

Last edited:
Has to be a joke

DJ must be Kidding like Jason >D

Last edited:

Apparently a California radio station, Latino Mix 105.7, has been playing Nelly’s “Hot In Herre” on constant repeat since 3:00 PM yesterday with no explanation. It’s still happening.

In the radio world we call this “stunting.” According to experts, Latino Mix 105.7 is about to switch over to an urban rhythmic format, and probably call itself Hot 105.7.

That said, this is one of the better stunts I’ve heard. One of the stations owned by the company I work for started hiding a heartbeat sound effect behind all the songs they were playing for about 20 hours, and then “birthed” a new classic rock station. This is waaaaay better.

I remember when hot 97.7 (in boston) was going off the air they faked a terrorist attack or something like that..

Back
Top Bottom