NEW APPAREL BRAND : : : RSVP 4 LAUNCH PARTY update pg9

Just a bunch of FREE MICK VICK tees...
Sig check...
MY CITY NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE ME
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.
WITH WHAT I AM COOKING IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW...
DC WILL HAVE YET ANOTHER ASTERISK ON THE MAP.

get a free mychal bell shirt and you got your first customer.

i'm glad to hear that your passoin of artistry is what is driving this project. im sure there will be great pieces..

shuman...i enjoy your pov bout this topic.
www.iamhofe.com

B, I just keep opening up those Photoshop & Illustrator files saying...

"Man, there's no turning back now..."
"There's nothing I'd really change."

I actually considered building a panel of 3-4 very different kinds of people and having them review the design concepts and beat them up or praise them...for whatever reason. They'd have to be unbiased folks of course.

Mychal Bell joint would be on point...all profits would have to be donated, I'd hate to make money off of someone else's hardships.

Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

a panel is a good idea...

it's rare to find people who will be honest, and critique your work not wanting to be malicious, but helpful is rare. it also takes a thick skin, and a grasp of your vision.
www.iamhofe.com

B, you aint never lied.

I try to have thick skin when it comes to my art...it aint easy though...but I think I do ok. The design I posted on page 2 hasn't really been dogged out....but people said they ain't feelin' it, while others say it's cool. That's the way of the world though.

For my next batch, I'll have some folks beat up the designs and what not...I have 2 people so far that I can count on..and I'll probably add 3 more to that list...
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

ill be on the panel..im a hell of artist...this goes beyond photoshop and illustrator...as far as drawings and painting....

im a monster....those that went to school with me can vouche

so get at me
THE BLACK DON IMUSSUPPORTIN ALL MY NAPPY HEADED ***$
INDUSTRYDESIGNS
we are what's INMYSPACEINDUSTRY DESIGNS

You cant draw.

Naw, I'm just playin'...you should post some of your drawings one day...mine are burried ina c loset at my Dad's house but I may have some slides of them...
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

Quote:
im a monster....those that went to school with me can vouche

:\
ohwell.gif

I did. But I didn't know you were an artist back then...Hell..I halfway knew you back in HS. :lol:
laugh.gif

:nerd:
nerd.gif

My-T.
LISTEN TO THE KIRKOUT HOUR LIVE!
THURSDAYS 5-7PM EST
WWW.XTSR.ORG
WWW.SMOKINGSECTION.NET
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BONEYSTARKS

Enjoyable reading fellas!

Keep up the good work and just to reinterate:

Remember to stay focused on your vision!

Dimez dont forget about the email I send you a few weeks ago(Mr. Beast /I can draw). Just joking. So Tsharp and dimez yall went to the same high school? Lavan if you need any constructive criticism I am here. You illustration on the fake buster is incredible(very detailed), I think people were concern that the subject matter had already been put out there. I understand because I did a fake sneaker tee myself but choose not to get it printed. I guess you cant expect someone who is a part of the sneakergame and a designer not to do a fake sneaker tee.
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

Tactus, thanks for the props...and the offer.

True about the fakes tee by a fellow sneaker-culture member.

NT has over 63,000 members...I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees bootlegging as a topic of discussion. Whether it be sneakers, handbags, jeans, CDs, or whatever...

Dimez...I gotta see some of your drawings before I can respect the fact that you draw....your flyers are tight, no doubt.
Except for the apostrophe in "Celebrate's"....lol. (that's for you DCshoechick!)

My skills with the pencil and paper are somehting to talk about...
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

It's a celebration's!!!!!!!!!!

No offense, Mr. Dimez. I'm just a few everyday apples short of a bushel.
The dudes in this forum carry more tampons than I do.

Quote:
here is a question, how do you balance creativity, and prosperity?
MY CITY NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE MEWITH WHAT I AM COOKING IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW...

HAHAHA...IM NOT GONNA LIE...I'M ALWAYS RUSHING.....SO I DO MAKE ALOT OF ERRORS....PLUS MY *ENGLISH* ISN'T UP TO PAR..I WONT FAKE...I WASN'T AN A STUDENT

TACTUS...I GOT THE STUFF...DONT WORRY I GOT YOU....

AS FSR AS ARTWORK...I CAN TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF AND DRAW YOU TO A T...MY STILL LIFF GAME IS TIGHT

DAMN IM AT WORK...THIS IS ALL I HAVE IN MY PHOTBUCKET..

JUNK STUFF REALLY.DOENST SHOW MY TRUE SKILLS....BUT HEY...MY BAD
http://photobucket.com
http://photobucket.com
http://photobucket.comhttp://photobucket.com

THE BLACK DON IMUSSUPPORTIN ALL MY NAPPY HEADED ***$
INDUSTRYDESIGNS
we are what's INMYSPACEINDUSTRY DESIGNS

The above is nice for sure...I wanna see those still life drawings.,...that's what I'm BEST at...
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

Another opinion that I'll always stick by it this...

No matter what...If you give people quality that they can love...and respect...they can only complain about the little things.

If you go and buy the most luxurious Mercedes, it has practically everything...all you can complain about is the small and petty.

Quality matters...the garment quality...the ink quality...and the overall packaging/presentation.

The package makes a big difference.

I could package the Fake Busters tee with a make'shift badge and toy handcuffs and that would boost the appeal. It's those kinds of things.
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

Quote:
a make'shift badge and toy handcuffs and that would boost the appeal

I laughed, but things I thought were silly have worked.

My question is: Would this make the piece a novelty? Would people take what you are trying to do seriously?

^^^I'm not saying I'd do that...I'm just saying that it's those types of things that get people looking...and expecting something crafty each time. It is a bit novelty'@#%$...but that was just an example. Honestly...with the way people are collecting toys these days...who knows.
Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

dimez81, you got experience with setting up e-commerce sites? or does anyone? I know what needs to be done and purchased...I just dont know if I have the time to really do it.

Sig check...
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.

I think balancing creativity with prosperity is one of the biggest issue in operating a business. I think if you have a real defined motto of what your company represents then you can be as creative as possible. Your creativity becomes the key factor of what you represent. From time to time you will have to create some pieces which may fall into a trend but so long you do not over do it. When a company start chasing money but dumb down on products and services thats when they lose they original identity. You are in business to make money but you never want to lose brand integrity. Large companies like Polo and Hilifigier signed all kind of licensing agreements(more money,less control) and then years later they had to restructre and gain control of they brand identity.
Nike is sucessful because they continue be creativity and still maintain they brand identity, they dictate to their suppliers what products will be availbe and at what pricepoints . Ican is right you have to reinvent yourself but within the confines of your original motto.
Sorry for the rambaling fellas.
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

Back
Top Bottom