NEW BASKETBALL SHOE FROM NIKE !!! NIKE ZOOM HYPERREV . CHECK INSIDE FOR PICS,SPRING 2014...OPINI

Deff interested in these, esp for the price. Like most have mentioned, I too am worried about stability. For the dudes that have played in them, how is the ankle stability in these? They just look like a really bad ankle roll waiting to happen

The shoe in my opinion is a good shoe. I had a game last Thursday and was pushed from behind and rolled my left ankle and just started playing again yesterday. It's great lockdown inside of the shoe but it's not the best if ankle is rolled. I don't want to say that should steer you away, because this is basketball and you could roll your ankle in anyshoe you know.

My shoes didn't have any traction issues.They were just as good as my D Rose 3.5/ Hyperdunk. Maybe its because I'm playing on a new floor?

As far as the stability goes, I've torn 3 ligaments in my right ankle, and had no issues. A shoe can only protect your ankle to an extent. IMO ankle injuries are usually unavoidable. Feels like any other low cut shoe (Kobe 8, Crazy Light Low).

That floor will def give you no problems.

Maybe they can use these as a stepping stone for their lines a la "Zoom Generation". Obviously neither of these guys are close to the investment Nike had in LBJ but I could see it. If the buzz keeps spreading on these and they sell well I hope they at least continue the lines. I'm tired of new team shoes coming out every year.
Thats along the same lines as what I was thinking, if all is good maybe we get a Kyrie 2 and a Harden 2 next year lol

I don't understand the bashing on nightwing. I mean yeah dudes game and feet will be different than anyone and a shoe he hates a lot of people will love, but there's not many people doing what he's doing right now.

Besides kicksoncourt and kick genius and a few videos from mrfoamersimpson who else is doing detailed reviews on performance sneakers? Why not utilize the few resources that we do have to stay on top of sneakers along with the community input before people from 120+ on shoes?

When my pair comes in if the traction does indeed suck, then I'm gonna give the crusaders a try ....for me traction is #1 then cushioning #2 ...What good is a well cushioned shoe if your going to be sliding around in it on an indoor court? ...Hoping this isn't the case tho, from the first initial pics when everyone thought these were a "Roshe BB" I was intrigued be their design, and also my past experience with full length zoom shoes made me want them even more (AJ12, ZoomBB1&2, LBJ4, etc...)

I do reviews - just not videos. Not putting myself on their level of followers but I think I do a decent job, and I like these more the more I wear them. Traction has improved a lot since day 1 but I wouldn't 10/10. Maybe 8-8.5.

It wouldn't suprise me if Kyrie and James Harden both get an official signature shoe next season if both shoes sell really well, the HyperRevs will obviously sell well, Crusaders are a pretty dope looking shoe too

It would surprise me quite a bit if anyone new gets a sig shoe with Nike in the near future. Financially it isn't a smart move by Nike to pay an athlete extra cash when they can just release stuff like the Crusader/Hyperrev and have all their athletes rock them. No official singular name attached to the shoe actually results in higher sales cause of diversity(other than the absolute top athletes in Kobe/KD/LeBron). Nike is barely starting to make money off LeBron after throwing Millions at him.

Trust me son... I'm not hating by any means. This is my SN.. I just never post and just joined. I'm just laughing because all these cats that we're throwing dirt on the shoe all of a sudden are ready to throw money down because a dude gives his thumb of approval, exactly what wrong with the game in general ( his experience with the shoe doesn't necessarily mean that they will have the same experience with the shoe)

One thing I will say.... He was wrong about, the traction is not a 10/10, it's about a 7/10 at most.
"All of these cats that were throwing dirt on the shoe". What? I haven't heard any trash about the shoe on here besides the haters that think they're ugly af. From my personal experience, Nightwing's reviews are on point with how a shoe performs when I wear it which is why I still wait on his reviews. How is me watching and hearing what Nightwing has to say about a shoe detrimental to the game?

Yes im gonna be one of those people .. i poated in page 1 maybe 2 havent been back since ... i read pages 12-14

So with that said who all has these and can give a simple rating 1-10 on personal experience with these

Fit
Traction
Cushion
Cop or Not?
Comparison to hyperdunk '13 if u have those too

I want to try them out but not gonna waste my time & money if not worth it

Last edited:
Quise - I wouldn't say best ever but pretty dang good.

Fit - difficult. Fit very well because they are mesh but it is not a compressive or supportive. 8

Traction - mine started off bad. Felt like a layer of oil or grease in the bottoms and I slid everywhere. Played outdoors one hour and now they are almost perfect. 9

Cushion - 9. Full zoom that is stiff not mushy? What zoom should be.

Yes im gonna be one of those people .. i poated in page 1 maybe 2 havent been back since ... i read pages 12-14

So with that said who all has these and can give a simple rating 1-10 on personal experience with these

Fit

Traction

Cushion

Cop or Not?

Comparison to hyperdunk '13 if u have those too

I want to try them out but not gonna waste my time & money if not worth it

Fit 9
Traction 9
Cushion 10

Cop

I prefer these over my Hyperdunk 13s... Style factor is a plus too

Thank you guys for the ratings.  Hearing that the zoom is stiff is making it really hard not to pull the trigger...

^I see what you did there haha 
glasses.gif

Thanks for the feedback

Meh im gonna give it a good. Are FTL etc shipping out yet cuz the sites still saying mid Jan which is now pretty much.

Cant decide on color though. Simple blk/white or somethin diff since i plan on hrabbing the blk/red xx8s

Back
Top Bottom