NEW BCS STANDINGS/USA TODAY/AP CFB Poll: 11/16/08

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

And on a side note, USC deserves nada as far as National Championship is concerned. They have been unimpressive and inconsistent against weaker competition and that's not helping them in what is a down year for the Pac-10.
It only took 6 replies before a SC hater showed up
laugh.gif

No #+$$ Lee Corso, nobody in their right mind believes the Trojans belong in the title game
eyes.gif
USC is a lot better than people want to believe.
Bottom line is they are the most hated college football team on nt and they have given these haters a lot of fuel this season. SC is good, butthey aren't great. The offense has been very inconsistent this season and the discipline hasn't been so great either. Looks like they are on the pathfor another Rose Bowl appearance if OSU loses to Oregon and the Trojans don't blow it against the Irish or the ruins.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

The U has made huge progress, Desmond Howard may have not been too far off in his prediction that they may be back in the nat'l title picture within the next 2 years, they have oodles of young talent.

I'm lovin the team. I knew Randy Shannon would get the talent necessary to move the program in a new direction.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Considering that people rate it the 2nd best conference in football, I think that your argument that it is overrated is refuted.
wait wait wait.... who around here considers it the 2nd best? All i've ever heard 99 percent of NT'ers say is that the SEC is the best conference in football and it's not even close.

Now - i certainly don't agree with such a statement... but as far as NT is concerned, i think your post is the first i've ever seen anybody question it as the top conference...
Fortunately, I live my life outside of NT, therefore allowing me to hear other opinions than those skewed ones that you read here. Most intelligent individuals that follow college football would say that the Big XII is the best conference this year, and that is who I'm referring to, not NT maniacs.
NT would say that also. Craftsy was talking about at the beginning of the season where Auburn and UT were supposed to be top 25 teams and ended up being trash and everyone was saying SEC was the best on NT and everywhere else. Now I think even the biggest SEC fan here would say Big XII is having a better year than SEC.
I would still argue that up until maybe this weekend or last, many SEC fans on this board and even in the real world were arguing they were thestrongest conference still, and hardly making a debate out of it either.

I'm telling you - SEC fans are the most delusional, maybe in all of sports.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Considering that people rate it the 2nd best conference in football, I think that your argument that it is overrated is refuted.
wait wait wait.... who around here considers it the 2nd best? All i've ever heard 99 percent of NT'ers say is that the SEC is the best conference in football and it's not even close.

Now - i certainly don't agree with such a statement... but as far as NT is concerned, i think your post is the first i've ever seen anybody question it as the top conference...
Fortunately, I live my life outside of NT, therefore allowing me to hear other opinions than those skewed ones that you read here. Most intelligent individuals that follow college football would say that the Big XII is the best conference this year, and that is who I'm referring to, not NT maniacs.
NT would say that also. Craftsy was talking about at the beginning of the season where Auburn and UT were supposed to be top 25 teams and ended up being trash and everyone was saying SEC was the best on NT and everywhere else. Now I think even the biggest SEC fan here would say Big XII is having a better year than SEC.
I would still argue that up until maybe this weekend or last, many SEC fans on this board and even in the real world were arguing they were the strongest conference still, and hardly making a debate out of it either.

I'm telling you - SEC fans are the most delusional, maybe in all of sports.
One of my coworkers went to LSU. You would have thought they won 50 National Titles if you didn't follow CFB. Also you would have thought theSEC was the NFL.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

And on a side note, USC deserves nada as far as National Championship is concerned. They have been unimpressive and inconsistent against weaker competition and that's not helping them in what is a down year for the Pac-10.
It only took 6 replies before a SC hater showed up
laugh.gif

No #+$$ Lee Corso, nobody in their right mind believes the Trojans belong in the title game
eyes.gif
USC is a lot better than people want to believe.
Bottom line is they are the most hated college football team on nt and they have given these haters a lot of fuel this season. SC is good, but they aren't great. The offense has been very inconsistent this season and the discipline hasn't been so great either. Looks like they are on the path for another Rose Bowl appearance if OSU loses to Oregon and the Trojans don't blow it against the Irish or the ruins.

I think the Beavers will beat the Ducks in Corvallis. Oregon St. is going to be tested next week when they go to Arizona, if they win that game i like therechance of going to the Rose Bowl. Again like i have stated numerous times im actually hoping USC get a different BCS bowl game and hopefully its against eiththe Big 12 or SEC. A losing situation would be if we got paired up against the Big East or the ACC winner. If that's the case i would just rather play PennSt.

SEC is so overrated. florida and alabama are the only teams headed anywhere. I still can't believe georgia got such a high preseason ranking. based onwhat? beating hawaii in a bcs game
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FeelMode

I think the Beavers will beat the Ducks in Corvallis. Oregon St. is going to be tested next week when they go to Arizona, if they win that game i like there chance of going to the Rose Bowl. Again like i have stated numerous times im actually hoping USC get a different BCS bowl game and hopefully its against eith the Big 12 or SEC. A losing situation would be if we got paired up against the Big East or the ACC winner. If that's the case i would just rather play Penn St.
I echo your sentiments. Since Cal has been relegated to the Sun, Emerald, Las Vegas and an outside chance of the Holiday, I would prefer SC playin a bowl game other than the Rose.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

SEC is so overrated. florida and alabama are the only teams headed anywhere. I still can't believe georgia got such a high preseason ranking. based on what? beating hawaii in a bcs game
roll.gif
laugh.gif

um buddy the SEC champ is gonna win the title and it will be 3 in a row for the SEC, but damn there OVERRATED

the last 3 weeks of the season are going to be exciting...OU/TTU this week, Bedlum, Iron Bowl, UF/FSU next week and the SEC/Big XII title games on the 6th ofDecember. I hope that I get some tix to Atlanta on Monday, cause this is shaping up to be the biggest game in SEC history if UF and Bama don't stumble inrivalry games

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

SEC is so overrated. florida and alabama are the only teams headed anywhere. I still can't believe georgia got such a high preseason ranking. based on what? beating hawaii in a bcs game
roll.gif
laugh.gif

um buddy the SEC champ is gonna win the title and it will be 3 in a row for the SEC, but damn there OVERRATED

laugh.gif
stop it.... i hate UT and if they make it or TT they will smash onflorida or Bama only team in the SEC with a win over a team that is still ranked top 10 is Mississippi! UGA, LSU and Auburn are playing like crap they shouldjust get rid of the pre season rankings!!

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Northwestern ranked once again.
pimp.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Didn't know beating Michigan meant anythinganymore...our victory on Saturday better get us in the top 5 then...

kingkb, what are you looking to see for Ohio State now?

i'm pretty sure we can't make the Rose Bowl anymore... think we'll be a BCS at-large?

Ohio St. better hope Oregon State or Penn St. loses cause they could be left out entirely: pretty much unless something really crazy happens 2 teams from theBig XII, 2 from the SEC, the Pac-10 champ (in this scenario Oregon St.), Big East champ, ACC champ, Big 10 champ (Penn St), and either Utah or Boise get theautomatic are in b/c of the non-BCS bid. So that's 9 outta the ten spots taken which leaves 1 at-large bid for USC or Ohio St., who do you think they willchoose, Buckeyes might be going to the Captial One bowl this year.

In my eyes...

Texas>Florida

but oddly enough, I think that will be the Nat'l Championship game, I can see Tech going down to Oklahoma, and I'm just not convinced with 'Bama,as long as Texas gets in, I'm good.

Back
Top Bottom